Bellator on the West Coast is a Joke!

I thought Spike/Viacom was going to be much more accommodating of Bellator before they moved over. But they can't even make minor accommodations for them on their biggest night. I guess they can't ever justifying missing an opportunity to get another Cops block in because of its individual profit margin. Viacom is such a short-sighted company. They think small. You're not going to take off as a network unless you take some risks. Hell, that goes for life in general.

I thought Spike/Viacom was going to be much more accommodating of Bellator before they moved over. But they can't even make minor accommodations for them on their biggest night. I guess they can't ever justifying missing an opportunity to get another Cops block in because of its individual profit margin. Viacom is such a short-sighted company. They think small. You're not going to take off as a network unless you take some risks. Hell, that goes for life in general.

Agreed, like the 12 people that climbed Mt Everest a week ago and a avalanche collapsed on top of them....sometimes you just gotta take risks. :icon_neut

A company that made 2.5 billion in profit last year thinks small huh?
Maybe they should hire you for some more of these pearls of wisdom and then they can start really moving

A company that made 2.5 billion in profit last year thinks small huh?
Maybe they should hire you for some more of these pearls of wisdom and then they can start really moving

That's a fallacy. Just because a company is doing well doesn't mean all it's practices are good business wise.

Showing reruns of cops instead of the prelims to build for the PPV is a horrible idea. Anyone with any business knowledge would agree.

Especially when the prelims are now being shown simultaneously with the PPV and also it says they are live. This means there is going to be a ton of confused people and it could only mean less buys.

All in all it's a horrible move. I know it's shocking prosperous companies can make mistakes, except it happens every day.

The prelims are showing live on Comcast in the Bay Area so youmight be good TS

I normally get a tape delay with Time Warner. Not tonight, though. Shi shaaa.

If you can't catch the prelims on TV for whatever reason remember that tonight the televised prelims are going to be airing on Spike. com. Catch all the action from Goiti Yamauchi vs. Mike Richman, Marcin Held vs. Nate Jolly, Shahbulat Shamhalaev vs. Fabricio Guerreiro, and Cheick Kongo's fight online for free! It starts now west coasters and anyone outside of the USA that can't catch them live. COMMERCIAL FREE!

Oh sweet! I just took the time to hook up my PC to the TV when I saw the prelims were still playing online.

But looks like the guide is wrong! Spike is playing the prelims right now I just checked. Hope in the future they stop tape-delaying the regular Bellator shows as well.

Here's to some good fights! :D

Back