Bellator New TV Deal Mid September

KeeSmyth

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Corey Anderson spilled the beans on Thomson\Big John podcast that Bellator wants book him once they have new TV deal in mid September. Does this mean there going to showtime, thank god there leaving Paramount which is horrid

Oh shit that’s crazy news! Didn’t think it would happen this fast. Where else could it be but Showtime

Lol, does Bellator really think Corey Anderson will bring in viewers? He is legit but definitely not a fan favorite.

Corey Anderson spilled the beans on Thomson\Big John podcast that Bellator wants book him once they have new TV deal in mid September. Does this mean there going to showtime, thank god there leaving Paramount which is horrid
Paramount has been a complete misfire for belllator. Their ratings TANKED after the switch from spike to paramount.

Hope it works out well for them. Wonder what happens, if anything, to Anderson for this slip up?

Lol, does Bellator really think Corey Anderson will bring in viewers? He is legit but definitely not a fan favorite.

I don't think Corey draws any viewers outside his family bless him.

Bellator is owned by CBS/Viacom who also own Showtime and have Stephen Espinoza overseeing their transition and programming going forward

I'm not a superfan but it's funny how desperately some people want them to go away, not gonna happen any time soon

Imagine a new big signee to your promotion is...Corey Anderson. haha

sadly yes

the big execs think former UFC = big time
He is a legit LHW contender, #4 ranked...he brings legitimacy to the organization but he does not bring viewers. If Bellator plays it right they will give him tough match ups (Davis, Nemkov, Bader) in the hopes they will beat him, this will prove Bellator guys are legit.

Be interesting how the new TV deal all works out. I'm wondering if DAZN is out of the picture at that junction or just moving Bellator to Showtime and continue the handful of shows on DAZN. Though I'm sure Showtime won't be happy with the shit cards like the first card after the Covid break. God, I pray that Espinoza gets on Coker's ass and his people about being much more consistent in the quality of events on paper from show to show they have something to sell to fans.

Be interesting how the new TV deal all works out. I'm wondering if DAZN is out of the picture at that junction or just moving Bellator to Showtime and continue the handful of shows on DAZN. Though I'm sure Showtime won't be happy with the shit cards like the first card after the Covid break. God, I pray that Espinoza gets on Coker's ass and his people about being much more consistent in the quality of events on paper from show to show they have something to sell to fans.
If anything, Espinoza being on top of Coker's ass about quality of events is the best thing that can happen to Bellator. I hope Bellator keeps putting cards like the last one and the upcoming one. That is the least you can expect from the #2 org in the world.

I don’t think they would go on Showtime yet due to their DAZN deal but I can see them moving over from Paramount to CBS Sports Network seeing how that channel needs content.

I’m also just guessing some of these Friday/Saturday nights will have openings this fall because of some college football conferences postponing their seasons.

I also hope this means Bellator changes their music presentation away from that Jerry Springer/Spike TV/TapOut music.

I see 0 promo on Dazn social media about Bellator. And now Bellator is using YouTube to air the prelims.

Corey brings depth to their division, its a good thing.
More signings are needed though if they really want to be relevant

I don’t think they would go on Showtime yet due to their DAZN deal but I can see them moving over from Paramount to CBS Sports Network seeing how that channel needs content.

I’m also just guessing some of these Friday/Saturday nights will have openings this fall because of some college football conferences postponing their seasons.

I also hope this means Bellator changes their music presentation away from that Jerry Springer/Spike TV/TapOut music.

There was some rumblings/rumors about two months ago that there maybe an exit strategy built in before the 3rd year is up from the original contract of 3 years with a two year option with pay raise. Though who know if its true and Bellator would be stupid not to continue to take the 33 million or so a year from Dazn until the 3 years is up and then at least see what they will offer for the other two years or new deal all together. But my understanding is what spark this was Dazn informing their business partners they weren't picking up options and asking many for delayed payments or if options to get out.

Dang.

I don't have Showtime..

Fucking Dazn

Most impossible app to unsubscribe from ever

There was some rumblings/rumors about two months ago that there maybe an exit strategy built in before the 3rd year is up from the original contract of 3 years with a two year option with pay raise. Though who know if its true and Bellator would be stupid not to continue to take the 33 million or so a year from Dazn until the 3 years is up and then at least see what they will offer for the other two years or new deal all together. But my understanding is what spark this was Dazn informing their business partners they weren't picking up options and asking many for delayed payments or if options to get out.

From what I read was that DAZN wasn't going to be paying for the rights on their other sports during the pandemic.

The vibe I am getting from DAZN is that they're going all in with BareKnuckle FC for their combat sports(which I am not the biggest fan of honestly) and slowing fazing Bellator out. BareKnuckle FC is definitely going to be a lot cheaper for them compared to Bellator, especially at this time.

Back