Bellator new Signings thread

Kamaka is pretty decent, maybe fights against Justin Gonzales or Aaron Pico would be fun. Now, if Bellator wants to be perceived as a legit competitor to the UFC, this should not be the type of signings they are after. The problem with Kamaka is that he is perceived as a UFC reject, which he kind of is, so it gives this perception of signing the UFC scraps. I still would prefer for Bellator to sign prospects and build them up.
To be fair, UFC has signed Bellator rejects as well who found success in the UFC

They are exchanging talent and I'm ok with that if the "rejects" are still young.

Kamaka is pretty decent, maybe fights against Justin Gonzales or Aaron Pico would be fun. Now, if Bellator wants to be perceived as a legit competitor to the UFC, this should not be the type of signings they are after. The problem with Kamaka is that he is perceived as a UFC reject, which he kind of is, so it gives this perception of signing the UFC scraps. I still would prefer for Bellator to sign prospects and build them up.
I think with someone like Kamaka it's okay, he's still young and people will probably forget that he used to be on UFC undercards, a bit like an Oliver Enkamp type.
Kamaka arguably got robbed in his last decisions and should be 3-1 in the UFC, so overall I think he is a good signing

To be fair, UFC has signed Bellator rejects as well who found success in the UFC

They are exchanging talent and I'm ok with that if the "rejects" are still young.
Chidi is now in the UFC, so it's even now!

I hope he stays active and gets a promotional push.

I'm not convinced he's anything special, but it'll be good to see how he develops.
Hopefully more Bellator cards in Europe mean that the Russian guys with visa issues fight more often now. Also is that British guy the only matchmaker now with Rich Chou gone?

Hopefully more Bellator cards in Europe mean that the Russian guys with visa issues fight more often now. Also is that British guy the only matchmaker now with Rich Chou gone?

I think the matchmaker is just a blind dude who waves a stick at the roster and they just book whoever it lands on.

I'm not convinced he's anything special, but it'll be good to see how he develops.
He had a close fight with Gonzalez, which I though he won, and those Team Fedor guys are all pretty well-rounded and fun to watch (except for Moldavsky). Maybe not champion material but I think he will crack top 10 soon (not that its particularly difficult in Bellator).

He had a close fight with Gonzalez, which I though he won, and those Team Fedor guys are all pretty well-rounded and fun to watch (except for Moldavsky). Maybe not champion material but I think he will crack top 10 soon (not that its particularly difficult in Bellator).
Moldavsky had a decently entertaining fight against Tim Johnson.

Moldavsky had a decently entertaining fight against Tim Johnson.
The first out of many boring ones. He is pretty legit and vastly underrated for being boring, IMO. He would be top 10 in the UFC no doubt. I hope Nemkov and Tokov rub off a little more im him and becomes more aggressive.

If they could stop pushing Nainoa Dung next, that would be awesome.
Glad to see Baby Slice is done. He is terrible. Imagine being so bad at mma that you can't even crush cans for $30k a fight. Sad considering that he's a decent athlete. He just sucks at mma. And also, according to his IG, Dung is not in Bellator anymore as well.

Glad to see Baby Slice is done. He is terrible. Imagine being so bad at mma that you can't even crush cans for $30k a fight. Sad considering that he's a decent athlete. He just sucks at mma. And also, according to his IG, Dung is not in Bellator anymore as well.
That's great news, if they could use that money to sign Charlie Campbell or Archie Colgan it would be even better.

That's great news, if they could use that money to sign Charlie Campbell or Archie Colgan it would be even better.
Bellator has no interest in signing someone worthy of a prospect deal like Campbell or Colgan. Big Tuna is still on the market from what I've seen so far. Idk what they're doing over there.

Bellator has no interest in signing someone worthy of a prospect deal like Campbell or Colgan. Big Tuna is still on the market from what I've seen so far. Idk what they're doing over there.

They're only a few hundred grand off a new deal with Myles Jury from what I heard. Just a few more cuts needed.

Not signing Big Tuna would be a big mistake, IMO. I understand they are cutting costs but they still need to build from the ground up like they have done in the past. These are the kind of fighters they need to build up.

Not signing Big Tuna would be a big mistake, IMO. I understand they are cutting costs but they still need to build from the ground up like they have done in the past. These are the kind of fighters they need to build up.
Only thing I can think of is they are shifting more attention towards Europe because that seems to be their money maker right now. But passing on American prospects like Campbell, Colgan, and Tuna is a mistake.

Only thing I can think of is they are shifting more attention towards Europe because that seems to be their money maker right now. But passing on American prospects like Campbell, Colgan, and Tuna is a mistake.

Dunno about that either seeing as they let quite a few Euro fighters leave and don't seem to have really replaced most of them.

Maybe these guys are happy to take one off fights but don't want to commit long term?

Back