Bellator new Signings thread

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, which really sucks. Shabliy vs Goiti is the fight to make, IMO.
I'd be good with either. I just don't want to see Shabliy in there against a can that gets him no closer to title contention.

I suppose with the state of the 155lb class what does it even matter at the moment anyway...

I'd be good with either. I just don't want to see Shabliy in there against a can that gets him no closer to title contention.

I suppose with the state of the 155lb class what does it even matter at the moment anyway...
Well, Outlaw is a legit LW who can beat most on any given night. He is also one of the most boring fighters in Bellator, along with Mamedov and Sabatello. On the other hand, Shabliy is one of the most exciting LWs in the world and they would be wasting his potential by matching him against someone who can beat him in a snoozefest.

Well, Outlaw is a legit LW who can beat most on any given night. He is also one of the most boring fighters in Bellator, along with Mamedov and Sabatello. On the other hand, Shabliy is one of the most exciting LWs in the world and they would be wasting his potential by matching him against someone who can beat him in a snoozefest.
I don't agree Outlaw is as bad as Mamedov or Sabatello. His fight with Jury sucked, and he definitely has a penchant for playing it safe but his fight with Picolotti was a fun grappling heavy fight. Those guys are both awesome scramblers and it made for a fun tilt. Crazy how much better a scrambler Adam Picolotti is then Jury. I'd rather watch a guy who's great at taking the back then a guy who's great at laying and praying from the top. I'm not trying to suggest I enjoy Outlaw's overall game, but I don't think he's as bad as the aforementioned two.

Last edited:
I don't agree Outlaw is as bad as Mamedov or Sabatello. His fight with Jury sucked, and he definitely has a penchant for playing it safe but his fight with Picolotti was a fun grappling heavy fight. Those guys are both awesome scramblers and it made for a fun tilt. Crazy how much better a scrambler Adam PicolottI'd rather watch a guy who's great at taking the back then a guy who's great at laying and praying from the top. I'm not trying to suggest I enjoy Outlaw's overall game, but I don't think he's as bad as the aforementioned two.
If someone taught Outlaw how to finish a rear-naked choke, he would be a legit amazing fighter.

I don't agree Outlaw is as bad as Mamedov or Sabatello. His fight with Jury sucked, and he definitely has a penchant for playing it safe but his fight with Picolotti was a fun grappling heavy fight. Those guys are both awesome scramblers and it made for a fun tilt. Crazy how much better a scrambler Adam PicolottI'd rather watch a guy who's great at taking the back then a guy who's great at laying and praying from the top. I'm not trying to suggest I enjoy Outlaw's overall game, but I don't think he's as bad as the aforementioned two.
Granted, he is not as bad as Mamedov or Sabatello, but he is in the Josh Hill and Phil Davies category of being tentative and playing it safe. Those are not the style of fighters I would want in my rankings or derailing hype trains.

Outlaw needs very specific style of match ups, like Piccolotti, Bak, Gonzalez, even Goiti to make fun match ups. Basically other grapplers who will engage him in the ground or that will nullify his wrestling and keep the fight standing. Shabliy isnt that fighter, there is a very distinct possibility that he would keep Shabliy's back for 15 minutes and get a boring decision. Which would be a disaster for Bellator's very shallow LW division.

If someone taught Outlaw how to finish a rear-naked choke, he would be a legit amazing fighter.
He doesnt even go for them LMAO. He threatens the choke but never really goes for it or takes any risks. He just waits for his opponents to make a mistake to attack the neck. Wildly frustrating.

Kamaka is pretty decent, maybe fights against Justin Gonzales or Aaron Pico would be fun. Now, if Bellator wants to be perceived as a legit competitor to the UFC, this should not be the type of signings they are after. The problem with Kamaka is that he is perceived as a UFC reject, which he kind of is, so it gives this perception of signing the UFC scraps. I still would prefer for Bellator to sign prospects and build them up.

Kamaka is pretty decent, maybe fights against Justin Gonzales or Aaron Pico would be fun. Now, if Bellator wants to be perceived as a legit competitor to the UFC, this should not be the type of signings they are after. The problem with Kamaka is that he is perceived as a UFC reject, which he kind of is, so it gives this perception of signing the UFC scraps. I still would prefer for Bellator to sign prospects and build them up.

I think with someone like Kamaka it's okay, he's still young and people will probably forget that he used to be on UFC undercards, a bit like an Oliver Enkamp type.

I think with someone like Kamaka it's okay, he's still young and people will probably forget that he used to be on UFC undercards, a bit like an Oliver Enkamp type.
I guess as long as they dont have him in a Myles Jury type of contract, its all right.

He basically was a basement dweller too, fighting right at the bottom of prelim cards for the most part - only proper hardcores watch the earlier prelims, usually. A lot will probably not even know he was in the UFC, let alone rememember him.

Motherfucker had the audacity to take some time to consider the offer and wait for a UFC or PFL counteroffer LMAO.

He somehow manages to get steadily worse at his job while managing to get significant pay increases, it's really quite impressive.

Back