Bellator needs to sign Arona

Formula for an Arona thread:

delusion
surfing/banging hot chicks

Everything checks out.

There is some next level ignorance in this thread regarding how business works.

what a painful thread.

arona was never what you are claiming, and now has zero relevance.

opposite of a needle mover, if you will.

but this has all been pointed out to you.

you asked "why", received an overwhelming (and rare consensus response)

and you choose to keep reasking.

we all get that Viacom has money.

and 1 likely reason is that the decision makers don't waste that money on pursuits like Ricardo Arona.

nothing new about seeing someone without money questioning the spending habits of someone with money.

Who is Arona?

Seriously...

just kidding...

No. Seriously. Who is Arona?

He was so exciting to watch in Pride and had loads of potential that he never reached.

1. Claims that Arona had an exciting moment outside of bloodying Sakuraba and getting ragdolled by Rampage/Shogun.

Can you imagine all the amazing matchups they could make?

Arona/Tito
Arona/Fedor
Arona/Kimbo
Arona/Cro Cop
Arona/Del Rio
Arona/Mo
Arona/Alexander
Arona/Rampage

2. Considers Arona/Kimbo a dream match.

Apparently you still don't understand so let me use more facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viacom

Viacom made almost 14 BILLION DOLLARS last year. 14 BILLION. They could EASILY pay Arona whatever he wants and it won't even make a dip in their bottom line. Dana WISHES he had this kind of money that he could use to not pay the fighters.

Checkmate. Now get me a sandwich.

3. Pretends not to understand the difference between revenues and profits。

4. Joined Jan-2015. White belt

=> Troll.

Seriously, think about it. If Coker offered Fedor, Shogun, Arona, the Nogs, Barnett, Reem, Kharitonov, Hendo, Wandy, Gracie, Anderson Silva, Sokodjou, Gomi, the Diaz bros...basically all the top guys from Pride plus a few just for fun guys like Alberto Del Rio and Brock Lesnar a million, two million dollars per fight...Dana would fold up shop the next day! Can you imagine how much money Viacom would make with this kind of line up?

this has to be the dumbest post of the day pay all these guys 1 million dollars per fight? bellator and viacom would both lose so much money doing that. i can't believe how dumb you are

1. Claims that Arona had an exciting moment outside of bloodying Sakuraba and getting ragdolled by Rampage/Shogun.

Oh look, Mr. 2009 join date doesn't know that Arona was one of the best fighters in Pride and had high level jitz and DEVESTATING leg kicks. He was absolutely dominant in his prime. He won adcc - that means he was the best grappler in the world. How could ANYONE not want to watch someone like that?

2. Considers Arona/Kimbo a dream match.

That IS a dream match. Kimbo brings in lots of casual fans and then when Arona wins, he can become a star. Plus, it would be a hell of a fight. Kimbos boxing is better than anyone else in the UFC. Its a great idea that you don't like because Dana didn't think of it first.

3. Pretends not to understand the difference between revenues and profits。

Of course I know the difference. 14 billion - 20 million is still 13.98 billion. It doesn't even make a dent in their profit margin. Just because you don't know the difference doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

4. Joined Jan-2015. White belt

=> Troll.

Shut the hell up, noob. I've been a fan since Pride's first GP and you would know that if you even knew who guys like Arona and Fedor were. Join date does NOT equal MMA knowledge.

Boom, flawless victory.

actually this one statement made you come across even dumber than before. Something i thought was impossible congratulations P4P dumbest white belt on sherdog

Kimbo is 7-0 in boxing. No one in the UFC can match that.

Dana would LOVE to have Kimbo but won't pay him what he's worth. So Coker and Viacom picked him up. Now Dana has to deal with it.

About the comments on overprice and stuff, i think its a big name and worth it, of course not by the skills of today. Imagine if Fedor says want to return and fight in UFC, who cares he's 50 it would sell a lot, just like did when old Shamrock faced Tito.

But I'm too didn't understand this thread, retired for so long... no reason for this debate.

Kimbo is 7-0 in boxing. No one in the UFC can match that.

Dana would LOVE to have Kimbo but won't pay him what he's worth. So Coker and Viacom picked him up. Now Dana has to deal with it.

e9t0ki.jpg

Arona's only exciting fights were his annihilation of Saku and his getting KTFO by Sokoudjou and Shogun.

Dude has fought three times in the last decade, and hasn't fought at all in six years. His style is boring and I wouldn't have any interest in watching him gas while looking like the epitome of ring rust. No thanks. Also, all that said, he's 36 with all of that lost time. Would probably get Sokoudjou'd again.

I can't even tell if those threads are serious, or pretty well done satire of current MMA landscape..

Arona stopped caring about fighting a long time ago.

He probably just occasionally trains for himself, surfs, and fucks hot bitches that he meets in the beach.

Jesus Christ do you guys ever hold on to the past.

They should sign new fresh guys, no legends who want a lot of money to show a shadow of their class.

Back