Bellator needs to sign Arona

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by boxandjitz, Jan 19, 2015.

1. boxandjitz

boxandjitz White Belt

Give me one reason why they shouldn't. Oh that's right, you can't.

He's said for a long time that he wants to fight again but we all know Dana won't pay him what he's worth. Since Bellator pays so much better than the UFC, they can easily afford him and he can pay off immediately. He was so exciting to watch in Pride and had loads of potential that he never reached. Can you imagine all the amazing matchups they could make?

Arona/Tito
    Arona/Fedor
    Arona/Kimbo
    Arona/Cro Cop
    Arona/Del Rio
    Arona/Mo
    Arona/Alexander
    Arona/Rampage

I think Arona can win every one of those fights, some are really close though but ANY of them could headline a card. Make it happen, Coker.

2. Jerky1312

Jerky1312 Brown Belt

It's not that they wouldn't, it's because they can't. He's retired. They can find better fighters who are willing to fight. The Arona ship has long sailed.

3. MaDFroG

MaDFroG Green Belt

Arona was a great fighter...to bad he retired ,he could of made alot of awesome fights if he would be active...

4. Steve08

Steve08 American Fedor Belt

There's no reasons why they shouldn't sign Arona? How about the fact that his skillset is as old as 2006 at best, and his knees are completely fucked. He's not the same guy he used to be even though he hasn't been fighting.

If an old, kneeless Arona was able to make waves in Bellator's LHW division with wild punches, low kicks and double legs then that would say a LOT about the 205 division outside the UFC.

You're seriously talking about Arona/Fedor at this point in their careers... lol... please calm down.

5. Moneymma

Moneymma Brown Belt

Yeah...... also fedor,ken shamrock,mark coleman,f. Griffin,etc. They are retired
    There are a lot of fighters that used to be good for them to sign: cro cop,ricco rodriguez,jeff monson,etc.
    I do think signing guys like cro cop or kimbo is a good thing(they need "star power" for ratings),they also should sign some prospects

6. LHWBelt

LHWBelt Silver Belt

Even if Arona hadn't retired he's wasted away his prime. He wasn't that exciting of a fighter to begin with so I don't see the appeal.

7. Zanmato

Zanmato Black Belt

he's not really fought in 5-6 years, the mma landscape has changed a lot since then. he's a very skilled fighter but also frequently a boring one, and i am not sure he would have the same name recognition that he would've had a few years ago

i'd be glad to see him back to see what he could do, but... he's done, he's happy with his life now outside of the cage it seems and his cost vs. the number of viewers he'd bring probably wouldn't be that good of an investment for bellator anyway

8. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

^fake Pride fan.

9. Strychnine

Strychnine Steel Belt

Arona is chilling out on the beach and surfing his behind off. Come back? For what?

10. jjjjjjjjjjohnny

jjjjjjjjjjohnny JDP is the CHAMP!

when did arona fight last?

11. Steve08

six years ago against Eastman in Brazil. He won a decision.

Haven't seen the fight, but Arona apparently blew out his ACL in the first and still won all three rounds. Before that, he hadn't fought in 2.5 years. He really has not been active in mma for the better part of a decade.
    I derive no small pleasure from analyzing Arona's guard passes against Vitor Belfort whilst listening to baroque music, but even I can admit that his style is... positionally minded, to say the least.

12. Asurah

Asurah |⁰⊖⁰)

Will never really understand why so many want Arona to return. He was a very talented fighter....a decade and many injuries ago and was pretty boring most of the time.

13. Steve08

I think a lot of it is people seeing the fact that he went 13-0 in the ADCC without having a point scored on him, and arbitrarily extending that into the assumption that he would just ragdoll modern LHWs, as if Arona isn't basically a blown up MW fighting at 205 lol.

14. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

They offered him a contract last year and he respectfully declined.

Busy surfing and banging hot chicks

15. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

It will be 2020 and people will still be bringing him up.

16. Kinger85

Kinger85 Gold Belt

I don't need to see Arona fight again.

He overpriced himself out of the market.

17. Se4n

Se4n Blue Belt

Doubt he's still interested in fighting.

18. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Anyone who says Arona was exciting never watched Arona.

That being said, Bellator would have to pay the man. Last I heard he was banging and surfing hot chicks.

19. boxandjitz

boxandjitz White Belt

Reported for bashing two legends of the sport.

20. boxandjitz

boxandjitz White Belt

I can't believe how much disrespect there is for Arona on this forum. To everyone saying he's boring, learn something about the fucking sport. To everyone who says he's been out too long, he was a BEAST in Pride and is still young. He could come in and compete for a title by the end of the year if he had a chance. And to everyone who thinks he doesn't want to come back, HE FUCKING SAID HE WANTS TO COME BACK!!! Since Viacom bought Bellator, they can definitely afford him. They need to bring him in and give him a shot. He can be a HUGE star.