Bellator Moving To CBS Sports Network In Sept

I do and watched it like twice for kickboxing.

Good thing for them is they dont report ratings, atleast dont think they do still so you wont actually see how good or bad they are doing compared to Paramount.

But having prelims/main card in one place is positive for those who have it. Looks like its alot of college sports, golf, soccer wnba.

they are not gonna crack 100k viewers, looking forward to the Bellator shills making excuses for Cokers terrible decisions

Seems like a major step down, but the paramount re branding from spike did bellator no favors either. the drop in ratings after the re branding was pronounced

That’s pretty disappointing. It’s fine if they still have the DAZN deal but if they lose that or they don’t re-up then CBS sports isn’t a good place to be imo. If it’s just a swap with Paramount and they still plan to have another outlet like DAZN or Showtime it’s fine but CBS Sports is like the worst of the network sports divisions

This is a move by Stephen Espinoza. I assume they will do at least 2 CBS and 2 Showtime events per

That’s pretty disappointing. It’s fine if they still have the DAZN deal but if they lose that or they don’t re-up then CBS sports isn’t a good place to be imo. If it’s just a swap with Paramount and they still plan to have another outlet like DAZN or Showtime it’s fine but CBS Sports is like the worst of the network sports divisions
This is more of a swap for Viacom. Paramount Network is just not sports network and CBS Sports Network really needs content with no college football on their schedule(Mountain West Conference)

I am 100% sure they will do big tent pole events on CBS/Showtime once their DAZN deal is over; which might be sooner than later how things are going on right now. Stay put my brother! Things will fall into place for Bellator!

Apparently CBS SN is not available in canada on rogers. Can only get it on youtube TV so not sure how I will follow bellator now

OMG! Sherdoggers, Showtime is another pay wall channel and that definitely isn't going to help Bellator get viewership numbers up. CBS Sports seems to have contracts with the American Athletic Conference, the Mountain West Conference, and the SEC for football and basketball. So it's geared already to get sports fans so I am assuming Shari Redstone, Viacom's 80% owner, now that her father Sumner Redstone has passed, is thinking on that level. Putting Bellator on an already sports geared Viacom owned property is probably the conventional thinking of those in charge at Viacom.

OMG! Sherdoggers, Showtime is another pay wall channel and that definitely isn't going to help Bellator get viewership numbers up. CBS Sports seems to have contracts with the American Athletic Conference, the Mountain West Conference, and the SEC for football and basketball. So it's geared already to get sports fans so I am assuming Shari Redstone, Viacom's 80% owner, now that her father Sumner Redstone has passed, is thinking on that level. Putting Bellator on an already sports geared Viacom owned property is probably the conventional thinking of those in charge at Viacom.
The channel makes sense I just dont know how will this financially impact the fighters. In other words, will Bellator still have financial power to go after top talent.

I can see this as a temporary move to provide some programming for CBSSN for the fall because they are in need after college football went down. But I think this will buy time until next year when they go to Showtime.

Back