Bellator might surpass the UFC

bullshit

only if UFC falls will that happen

I think Bellator will get a name change soon

it will be ....

MMMAO

Mayweather Mixed Martial Arts Organization

Mayweather & 50 Cent will buy Bellator

That's the problem. Can crushing for a long time.

Think of all the good fighters we could have seen MVP face in the last 3-4 years. It was all spent on nothing fights. We get it, he can dance around outmatched opponents. MVP vs Daley is better late than never, I suppose. That fight should have happened three years ago.

Imagine Dana put Israel Adesanya against nothing but cans and obvious stylistically favorable match-ups for the next couple of years instead of top fighters
Israel came into the UFC well rounded as an MMA fighter. Still MVP should have fought better competition and it's a solid point.

UFC is #1 big time, big money MMA in the USA but Im not so sure their dominance is worldwide.

ONE Championship may be the next thing. They are certainly trying.

UFC is gonna be rubbish for the next six months. Good chance for them to get some viewers
new to the sport i see. cain vs ngannou, whittaker vs gastelum. if those dont interest you then you should quit.

I thin
Obviously the UFC's brand advantage is huge. But Bellator is a successful subsidiary of a larger corporation. I do think long term there's a chance, higher than I'd like to admit that the UFC gets Prided and Bellator becomes the sports main promotion. Brand advantages can be broken.

What do you think?

I think you're delusional.

Hardcore MMA fans aren't going to flock to Bellator anytime soon. UFC still has the best fighters overall by a longshot.

What would trying look like?

- Actively marketing themselves as opposition to the UFC.
- Actively working on signing the talent UFC is interested in/luring out UFC key talent from their contracts.
- Fighting with UFC over territories, weight classes, audience

Overall, making itself a real CHOICE.
Positioning itself in a way fighter would consider it as an actual option as opposed to UFC offer.

Last real competitor was Strikeforce.
Bjorn also tried to bring Bellator there...

new to the sport i see. cain vs ngannou, whittaker vs gastelum. if those dont interest you then you should quit.

Tell that to McGregor fan, who doesn't have interest in these fights yet desires to pay more money to MMA than 3 of us combined

- Actively working on signing the talent UFC is interested in/luring out UFC key talent from their contracts.

Overall, making itself a real CHOICE.
Positioning itself in a way fighter would consider it as an actual option as opposed to UFC offer.

Opposition in what way? You saying it's a matter of puffing out their chests, or?
That's accomplished by paying the most.
That's already implied by the rest of it. And fighting over territory falls under the heading of fighting over audience.

Money is a real choice. That's what deep pockets provide.

Opposition in what way? You saying it's a matter of puffing out their chests, or?
That's accomplished by paying the most.
That's already implied by the rest of it. And fighting over territory falls under the heading of fighting over audience.

Money is a real choice. That's what deep pockets provide.

The points I made are not just "puffing out the chest".
And the businessman with richest opportunities is not necessarily the smartest one. Smart ones MAKE money.

Bellator has Viacom. Viacom has at least all the money UFC has, why don't they give it to Bellator? Why Coker can't just tell them "Give us more money than UFC offers and we'll beat them"? It will work that easy according to you, right?

And again - you cannot outbuy their champs. No matter how much. Contracts...

Of course. That particular remark was me trying to make sense of this vague statement of yours.

Well, it might not be necessary indeed. The actions that I mentioned indeed should speak louder than words. . .

Well, it might not be necessary indeed. The actions that I mentioned indeed should speak louder than words. . .

What specific actions? You've got a strategy here but lack tactics.

What specific actions? You've got a strategy here but lack tactics.

Hehe I'm not intending to compete with UFC today. So my strategies aren't ready yet, sorry :)

For examples of how other orgs went, well, check Strikeforce, Affliction, Pride history . ..

Hehe I'm not intending to compete with UFC today. So my strategies aren't ready yet, sorry :)

For examples of how other orgs went, well, check Strikeforce, Affliction, Pride history . ..

No worries. We're all just talkin' smack for fun around here.

Agreed that beating out the UFC is an uphill battle. Just saying that the only way to do that is to start out with deep pockets and take 'em down with the commitment to a long-term strategy. Luring fighters away would be key to that in my mind. The tactic that gets them there would be paying more money. I can't emphasize enough that it's "prize-fighting". How much can a UFC belt be sold for? Add that to the purse if a fighter wants to part with the memento. Otherwise, money talks.

No worries. We're all just talkin' smack for fun around here.

Agreed that beating out the UFC is an uphill battle. Just saying that the only way to do that is to start out with deep pockets and take 'em down with the commitment to a long-term strategy. Luring fighters away would be key to that in my mind. The tactic that gets them there would be paying more money. I can't emphasize enough that it's "prize-fighting". How much can a UFC belt be sold for? Add that to the purse if a fighter wants to part with the memento. Otherwise, money talks.

Well, UFC belt can be sold for 1 dollar, had UFC agreed to that. The problem is, they won't agree to ANY price.
As of a fighter himself - well, you should pay him enough for the compensation of a huge lawsuit coming from Endeavor for breaking the contract, eventual fine, UFC's expenses on the lawsuit, moral compensation for loss of reputation etc.
And if UFC is lucky, the court might ban the fighter from competing in Bellator legally(?). Like they banned Rampage from competing in UFC.

So why do you think Viacom still didn't give Bellator enough money to outbuy Conor and Lesnar?

Back