Bellator Might Appear on CBS in the future

Actually getting on a cable tv network again would help. I’m sure half the casuals have no idea how to watch Bellator now.

Which divisions does bellator have that are better than UFC’s? Feather, light , light heavy, which others?

So that would mean 2+ million viewers for every Bellator card?

<mma4>

This fight should have been on CBS.

Very few fights that Bellator puts on that people care about, this was one of them so if they dont put the rematch on CBS they are dumb.

Would have done something like

AJ/Pitbull
Cyborg/Cat
Lima/MVP

Final spot take your pick, maybe a prospect fight or fun action fight, maybe PIco, something like that.

Or Nemkov/Rumble, 3 title fights. Use CBS during NFL season to promote it like UFC did with Fox.

Which divisions does bellator have that are better than UFC’s? Feather, light , light heavy, which others?
There's a difference between having a fighter that is as good or better and having a division that is better. Bellator has very good fighters, their divisions are not very deep and the dropoff between each fighter is much steeper.

Crazy to think covid actually saved Bellator and AJ. McKe blew out his knee and was about to withdraw from the tournament but covid hit and it delayed everything, giving AJ time to heal.

There's a difference between having a fighter that is as good or better and having a division that is better. Bellator has very good fighters, their divisions are not very deep and the dropoff between each fighter is much steeper.
I do think LHW is better, though. Not as deep but quality-wise in the top 10 is better, IMO.

Very few fights that Bellator puts on that people care about, this was one of them so if they dont put the rematch on CBS they are dumb.

AJ/Pitbull
Cyborg/Cat
Lima/MVP

Final spot take your pick, maybe a prospect fight or fun action fight, maybe PIco, something like that.

Or Nemkov/Rumble, 3 title fights. Use CBS during NFL season to promote it like UFC did with Fox.
I agree but I dont think CBS had any faith in Bellator, tbh. Maybe after today AJ will open the doors for them. If they do go to CBS they should do exactly what you said to promote the events.

AJ/Pitbull
Cyborg/Cat
Lima/MVP

Add a Yoel fight since people know him and he puts on a show. Put him against someone who just comes forwards

I agree but I dont think CBS had any faith in Bellator, tbh. Maybe after today AJ will open the doors for them. If they do go to CBS they should do exactly what you said to promote the events.

I think it’s going to depend on the numbers/traffic/attendance on tonight’s event, on October’s event, and I really think CBS can do 2 Bellator shows in 2022

Women’s 145. That’s it. If you were being generous you could say that LHW is pretty comparable at the moment. But everywhere else, the UFC divisions are so much deeper. Which is not to say Bellator doesn’t have some elite fighters. But divisional depth on the scale of the UFC is just not a reality here.

I do think LHW is better, though. Not as deep but quality-wise in the top 10 is better, IMO.
I was contemplating this when I wrote my post. If there was any division it would be the LHW division for sure. Dana has done an absolute garbage job scouting for this division. The narrative of the "resurgence of Glover" is such a joke. It's almost a test of how gullible UFC fans can be. Glover has not actually resurged, he's simply beating fighters that weren't particularly good to begin with in a division that hasn't been particularly good for a while because all the fighters who have beat him or could beat him were shooed out of the division. Cory went to Bellator, Rumble went to Bellator, Phil Davis went to Bellator, Jones went/is going to HW, and all of them are younger than Glover. All of them beat Glover, and all of them were shooed out of the division and now Glover is the only one left so he's the best by default. I'm not against the idea that fighters can improve over time but you're trying to convince me that Glover improved between 38 and 41 you just don't believe in biology.

At the top of the divisions, say top 4, I think the only argument for the UFC is that it's kinda implicitly understood, or hell maybe even just wished for by people like myself, that Glover is worse than Jan, Jiri, Rakic and Ankalaev. That he will lose those fights and fall off soon and his true colors will show. If he manages to beat them then...I mean no question bellator's division is better...But can we presume they will be better? Maybe not even, so Bellator may have the edge in 1-4.

In that 5-10 range I think the UFC definitely has the edge. The UFC has a lot of depth guys like Reyes, Smith, Santos, Oezdemir, Krylov, Walker, Spann, guys who I think are demonstrably going nowhere but are also extremely good fighters, I think indisputably better than a 43 year old Machida, 45 year old Manhoef, and also raw and inexperienced guys like Grant Neal or Christian Edwards. So the UFC definitely has the edge out from 15, maybe even to 15.

But honestly the most depressing thing is that there is really no one coming up the pipe in the UFC. I think Dana was putting his hopes in Jamahal Hill, Kennedy Nzechukwu, Jimmy Crute. But I don't know, did anyone think that they were elite prospects? They don't have strong bases. They're little bit of everything fighters. Which is what Dana wants but in my opinion it's just a recipe for building more Ryan Spanns and Anthony Smiths. Bellator knows what it wants with its fighters, it targets demographics and develops its fighters. So where it's hard to point to who is coming up in the pipe for the UFC, for bellator it's a bit easier.

It’s inevitable at this point. If they continue the way they’re doing things, Bellator will continue to grow. Tonight was a big night for them. October is a massive month for them and UFC doesn’t really have anything that does +1m PPV buys so far for the rest of the year. Things could get interesting.

I’m shocked to see a video like this. Bellator being covered like a legitimate sports organization on CBS. Incredible really. Could never see this coming back in the Spike days.

Does that really sound any different than the state the ufc is usually in? U had kabib and a bunch of gatekeeper strikers… u had Anderson and bunch of sloppy brawlers … u had Jones and a bunch of sloppy brawlers and has beens.. u had gsp and a bunch of strikers with the worse takedown defense in history, U got Amanda and a bunch of soccer moms… u got izzy and a bunch of blown up welterweights n male models,… etc etc

Last edited:
Does that really sound any different than the state the ufc is usually in? U had kabib and a bunch of gatekeeper strikers… u had Anderson and bunch of sloppy brawlers … u had Jones and a bunch of sloppy brawlers and has beens.. u had gsp and a bunch of strikers with the worse takedown defense in history, U got Amanda and a bunch of soccer moms… u got izzy and a bunch of blown up welterweights n male models,… etc etc
Yes because like I said. For the UFC's LHW vs Bellator's LHW you can make an argument for 1-4. You cannot make an argument for 5-10. At that point you'd be between Reyes, Smith, Oezdemir, Walker, Spann, Krylov. Those fighters have limited ceilings but they are unquestionably better than 43 yo Lyoto Machida, 45 yo Melvin Manhoef, or Grant Neal, or Christian Edwards, who are both too green. And the same can be replicated to each division.

Take the featherweight division that was on display yesterday. Set aside what you think about AJ McKee and Patricio Pitbull against the UFC's top fighters. Behind the top four, the UFC has Korean Zombie, Calvin Kattar, Arnold Allen, Josh Emmett, Dan Ige, Edson Barboza. Contrast that with Jay Jay Wilson, Aaron Pico, Daniel Weichel, Pedro Carvalho, and I guess Emmanuel Sanchez since Mads Burnell beat him yesterday so it would be Sanchez in the field and Burnell in the top 3. When you break up the UFC and Bellator's FW divisions into the top 3 and the field, the UFC's field is more experienced, it's more experienced within the promotion, it has a better record, it's faced tougher strength of schedule, if you know the fighters it is simply better. There's often a perceptual gap between the top fighters in a division and the field, fans will say...tbh silly things, like "the champ is a stud but everyone else is totally a can" There are gradients to skill, skill doesn't exist on a stud/can binary. And then when the champ loses he's now a can because he lost to a can. The LW division was and is still pretty deep in the UFC. Calling them "sloppy brawlers" in a dismissive fashion doesn't actually make them comparable to the field in Bellator, where the #1 contender is literally the 10 loss Pitbull brother. Even if you're dismissive of Dustin Poirier or Justin Gaethje as dismissive brawlers, Patricky and Peter Queally are that but just significantly worse at it.

Yes because like I said. For the UFC's LHW vs Bellator's LHW you can make an argument for 1-4. You cannot make an argument for 5-10. At that point you'd be between Reyes, Smith, Oezdemir, Walker, Spann, Krylov. Those fighters have limited ceilings but they are unquestionably better than 43 yo Lyoto Machida, 45 yo Melvin Manhoef, or Grant Neal, or Christian Edwards, who are both too green. And the same can be replicated to each division.

Take the featherweight division that was on display yesterday. Set aside what you think about AJ McKee and Patricio Pitbull against the UFC's top fighters. Behind the top four, the UFC has Korean Zombie, Calvin Kattar, Arnold Allen, Josh Emmett, Dan Ige, Edson Barboza. Contrast that with Jay Jay Wilson, Aaron Pico, Daniel Weichel, Pedro Carvalho, and I guess Emmanuel Sanchez since Mads Burnell beat him yesterday so it would be Sanchez in the field and Burnell in the top 3. When you break up the UFC and Bellator's FW divisions into the top 3 and the field, the UFC's field is more experienced, it's more experienced within the promotion, it has a better record, it's faced tougher strength of schedule, if you know the fighters it is simply better. There's often a perceptual gap between the top fighters in a division and the field, fans will say...tbh silly things, like "the champ is a stud but everyone else is totally a can" There are gradients to skill, skill doesn't exist on a stud/can binary. And then when the champ loses he's now a can because he lost to a can. The LW division was and is still pretty deep in the UFC. Calling them "sloppy brawlers" in a dismissive fashion doesn't actually make them comparable to the field in Bellator, where the #1 contender is literally the 10 loss Pitbull brother. Even if you're dismissive of Dustin Poirier or Justin Gaethje as dismissive brawlers, Patricky and Peter Queally are that but just significantly worse at it.
Oezdemir is a Bellator reject but now that he's in the UFC he's great LMAO
Spann is 5-1 in the UFC and yet he couldn't beat Leite who is 0-2 in Bellator.

People are always overrating UFC fighters, stop doing that man

Back