1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

News Bellator LHW semi finals - 16th October

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Hellowhosthat, Jul 31, 2021.

1. TorontoTO Brown Belt

Cyrus is commentating and doing the ring announcements for the next Contender Series. I don't get what Bellator's deal is

2. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

That's cool, he's quite young so he'd make sense to rotate with Buffer and Joe sometimes as they get older, he's good. I like him and the dude from BRAVE is also good if you like your ring announcers over the top.

3. GueseGuy Yellow Card Yellow Card

Michael C Williams has definitely got nude photos of someone's wife at Viacom HQs because I don't know how he has been able to stay at Bellator for almost 13 years. Like we can't even get Jimmy Lennon Jr at least?

4. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

lol he's just awful isn't he, provides no energy whatsoever.

GueseGuy likes this.
  5. careto Black Belt

There is nobody worse than Laura Sanko at DWCS, she announces the winners as if she is reading from the grocery list. She is a pretty good analyst, but horrible ring announcer.

Hellowhosthat likes this.
  6. SokoudjouFanboy 39 tried, just 19 succeeded

I actually... like Michael C Williams

[​IMG]

He's got his own totally unique style and I respect that. I can acknowledge his flaws, the biggest one being the lack of excitement but nobody can say he isn't doing it his own way.

Go Go Plata likes this.
  7. GueseGuy Yellow Card Yellow Card

To be honest I’ve grown to like him too. I’ve gotten used to his voice and it’s kinda become synonymous with Bellator for me and I feel when he announces it feels more serious rather than exciting like other announcers. I was more commenting that I can’t believe he’s survived 13 years at Bellator even through ownerships and CEO changes. He’s the only guy who’s probably been there from the start of Bellator and is still there! Crazy!

Go Go Plata likes this.
  8. careto Black Belt

Top to bottom what a regular Bellator event should look like on paper.

Go Go Plata and Hellowhosthat like this.
  9. TheBiggestLittleTinyMan Yellow Belt

Still needs to bump the Albrektson and Berkhamov fights onto the maincard, if 6 fights is too long than than drop Corrales/Parubchenko to "featured" prelim. Berkhamov/Willis getting buried in the second fight of the night is atrocious pacing when there are 1-0 vs 1-0 fights after them and they're probably the 5th most divisionally "relevant" fight of the night besides.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  10. TorontoTO Brown Belt

Both the main and comain are 5 round fights so I think it's because of that.

careto likes this.
  11. careto Black Belt

Yeah, the card order is out of whack but the quality of fights is very solid.

12. GueseGuy Yellow Card Yellow Card

This is most likely a punishment for both fighters. Berkhamov messed up before his last fight and Willis has fought tentatively in his first 2 bouts. Bellator is prob not happy with either.

13. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

Lol @ Bellator not being happy with someone for fighting tentatively

14. CC27 Gold Belt

think prelims should be little stronger but def a solid card.

careto likes this.
  15. careto Black Belt

Other than the ammy fight for Bendo's wife, the rest of the prelims look pretty solid to me, specially by Bellator standards. The fight order is out of whack, but every fight is either a big prospect fighting an evenly matched opponent or good fringe top10 fighters fighting each other. No squatch matches. Its certainly better than last London card and most other Bellator events.

16. careto Black Belt

Sumiko Inaba vs Randi Fields is really flying under the radar. Im not a big WMMA fan but Inaba looks fun AF and this is a good match up.

17. SokoudjouFanboy 39 tried, just 19 succeeded

Inaba could definitely be a thing. She's wise beyond her experience level right now and while the level of competition hasn't been there it shouldn't be this early.

careto likes this.
  18. careto Black Belt

With 2 or 3 more victories she could already be in title contention. Plus, being Hawaiian could be a big boost for her.

19. SokoudjouFanboy 39 tried, just 19 succeeded

If she was like, 23 I might think she could really be something special. At 30 she's already somewhat polished but not to the point where she can contend. I just hope she develops more in line w/ her competition experience level as opposed to her actual age.

20. careto Black Belt

The lack of depth in the division will allow her to become a contender soon. If she performs next fight I wouldnt be surprised to see her against Kate Jacskon or Ilana Joanne next.