News Bellator LHW semi finals - 16th October

lol @ Anglickas vs Albrektsson on the prelims. There's just always some way they manage to fuck things up. LHW semi-finals and you don't even want to showcase a potential title challenger after the tourney in Anglickas.
Anglickas vs Alberktson will put one of them in the top 10 but it will probably go to a decision as neither of them are finishers. However, Corrales will probably KTFO Parubchenko, so makes more sense, I guess.

Anglickas vs Alberktson will put one of them in the top 10 but it will probably go to a decision as neither of them are finishers. However, Corrales will probably KTFO Parubchenko, so makes more sense, I guess.

I expect Julius will turn a corner eventually and start putting guys away, he's obviously very defensively minded and still building experience in striking. Once the sharpness is there and he's more confident then he'll start finding his power punches, right now he's not opening up much. That is, unless the wheels come off, which is certainly possible.

As it stands I would lean toward an Albrektson submission if there is a finish, but this is one of the most intriguing fights on the card.

I expect Julius will turn a corner eventually and start putting guys away, he's obviously very defensively minded and still building experience in striking. Once the sharpness is there and he's more confident then he'll start finding his power punches, right now he's not opening up much. That is, unless the wheels come off, which is certainly possible.

As it stands I would lean toward an Albrektson submission if there is a finish, but this is one of the most intriguing fights on the card.
Anglickas has a higher ceiling, IMO, but he currently lacks the killing instinct. And at LHW that problem is compounded.

Anglickas has a higher ceiling, IMO, but he currently lacks the killing instinct. And at LHW that problem is compounded.
Karl dominated Jiri almost the entire 10 min round and could have finished him but he got finished instead at the very end of that round, he's a good fighter but I think Anglickas is hard to beat. Everyone will struggle with him

Karl dominated Jiri almost the entire 10 min round and could have finished him but he got finished instead at the very end of that round, he's a good fighter but I think Anglickas is hard to beat. Everyone will struggle with him
Anglickas has a great TDD and will force Karl to stand and trade, my issue is that Anglickas is so tentative and passive that he will make it a boring fight.

Anglickas has a great TDD and will force Karl to stand and trade, my issue is that Anglickas is so tentative and passive that he will make it a boring fight.

I think he's the kind of fighter who can be in an entertaining fight if the other guy keeps going after him like Polizzi did, but is happy to take the path of least resistance to victory.

I agree. His last fight was underwhelming but he fought a guy with great speed on the feet and he didn’t feel comfortable so he took him down and got the W. To me that’s the sign of a good fighter. Able to win in multiple ways. I would’ve preferred if he had banged it out but it’s okay cause the dude is barely 30 at LHW and is still learning. I truly believe he will become one of the best LHW in the world. He is still getting better.

I agree. His last fight was underwhelming but he fought a guy with great speed on the feet and he didn’t feel comfortable so he took him down and got the W. To me that’s the sign of a good fighter. Able to win in multiple ways. I would’ve preferred if he had banged it out but it’s okay cause the dude is barely 30 at LHW and is still learning. I truly believe he will become one of the best LHW in the world. He is still getting better.

He's good but he has that slightly pedestrian feel to me, he doesn't give me the same thrill as I get watching Anton Turkalj or Vitor Petrino for example. He's very safe.

He's good but he has that slightly pedestrian feel to me, he doesn't give me the same thrill as I get watching Anton Turkalj or Vitor Petrino for example. He's very safe.
Yeah I agree even against Polizzi he played it safe and sometimes that can be detrimental but maybe he’s still learning. You really don’t start to see fighters get really comfortable until they reach 20 something fights in there. Obviously not all are the same but great fighters take time. I think if he gets 2-3 more wins against solid competition he will be ready for the LHW GP winner. He’s got all the tools and he’s got the looks as well. I’m just pissed this shit is on the prelims and Corrales is on the main card and they didn’t even sign my boy Cupcakes after whooping him.

Yeah I agree even against Polizzi he played it safe and sometimes that can be detrimental but maybe he’s still learning. You really don’t start to see fighters get really comfortable until they reach 20 something fights in there. Obviously not all are the same but great fighters take time. I think if he gets 2-3 more wins against solid competition he will be ready for the LHW GP winner. He’s got all the tools and he’s got the looks as well. I’m just pissed this shit is on the prelims and Corrales is on the main card and they didn’t even sign my boy Cupcakes after whooping him.

I think he's good, I just have a bit of an internal issue with point fighters I think. Sometimes I think he's not even really thinking about finishing. Definitely a tough guy to get the W over though.

They did book Cupcakes against Sabatello before that fight fell off so hopefully he gets booked again, though hopefully not against Sabatello because I'm almost certain he'd lose.

Hopefully he doesnt fuck it up like last time. Killys Mota or Jaleel Willis would be good opponents.
I'd like to see him against Willis but I suspect Mota would be in for a long night. I'd have no qualms if they did the Yagshimuradov approach again (without a grand prix tournament) and gave the ACB title the stock it deserves, giving him a highly ranked guy off the jump. Imagine if instead of Gracie/Lemminger we got Gracie/Berkhamov. That'd be a great, meaningful fight.

I'd like to see him against Willis but I suspect Mota would be in for a long night. I'd have no qualms if they did the Yagshimuradov approach again (without a grand prix tournament) and gave the ACB title the stock it deserves, giving him a highly ranked guy off the jump. Imagine if instead of Gracie/Lemminger we got Gracie/Berkhamov. That'd be a great, meaningful fight.
Knowing Bellator, Gracie/Berkhamov could actually be the fight but they haven't announced it yet because they are Bellator.

I think Anglickas moves in to the tournament

This experiment of retired Rumble failed for Bellator …. Let this veterans stay retired or bring them back on individual fights not gp’s

The winner of tonight will not be available for next month, not going to happen

I think Anglickas moves in to the tournament

This experiment of retired Rumble failed for Bellator …. Let this veterans stay retired or bring them back on individual fights not gp’s

The winner of tonight will not be available for next month, not going to happen
Karl Albrektsson vs. Anglickas are booked for the same event, so just get a new opponent for Alkrektsson and make Anglickas the alt.

Rumble said on IG that he is really sick and won't be back this year for sure, so who knows if this is the end of Rumble

Karl Albrektsson vs. Anglickas are booked for the same event, so just get a new opponent for Alkrektsson and make Anglickas the alt.

Rumble said on IG that he is really sick and won't be back this year for sure, so who knows if this is the end of Rumble
Yes, That should be the plan…

plus if I’m not mistaken, Anglickas was named the alternate by Coker after his last win

Back