Bellator Just Lost Their Most exciting Fighter (Chandler)

They already knew they werent keeping him, they cut him out on the intros to their programming.

Pit Bull is the most exciting then Chandler then Lima! HUGE HIT FOR BELLATOR! What if UFC Takes Lima next....................WOW

They resigned Fortune at least. He's the only fighter they really need. Fortune is life, the rest is just extra

We will see how he does in the UFC glad he made the move also Mateusz Gamrot and other Bellator/PFL fighter Damon Jackson do.

Both Jackson and Chandler will be good draws for the UFC they are both good. And that is why they were signed. I do not see any of them being champion but they will make the top ten work for their spots. And that is why they are there.

Last edited:
This can be a great time for Bellator to create a new star now. Maybe they should do tournaments again.

Chandler is at the tail end of his prime. They should be sign some young guns out of feeder orgs to create some new stars.

So much for the certain Sherdoggers , who were posting the typical nonsensical "Chandler won't go to the UFC because of USADA" and the usual obligatory comments.

I’ve never been one to bang the, “Everyone outside of the UFC is on steroids” drum, but I will say that Chandler is the one guy I’ve always looked at with a little bit of skepticism. The fact that he looked like a 145lber when he fought Eddie and was able to last deep into the fight going toe-to-toe with one of the all time great lightweights and battle back from almost being finished in the 3rd to getting the finish himself was highly impressive. Compare that with the last few years how he is thicker than gravy on biscuits and can’t fight one round without gassing to complete shit? My doubts are also doubled by the fact that he hung around Dillashaw for as much as he did. I feel quite classless admitting it, but I wouldn’t be surprised he popped for something.

Anywho, on the signing. There was nothing left for Mike in Bellator as others have said and also Chandler is past his prime and now only fights like a meathead with next to no technique. He was prime to be picked up by the UFC because that’s the only time they ever sign someone who’s made their bones outside the UFC. They’re trying to prove a point which everyone with a functioning brain can see through.

He's 34 years old and lost to Pitbull. There are no interesting fights for him anymore in Bellator anyway, smart move by Coker.

Yeah.
Also, sometimes losing a good fighter to the UFC pays returns, when they tear it up and force people to realize Bellator has some serious talent.

He wasnt their most exciting fighter. He was one of their faces but coker seemed ok with letting him go once he lost that title to Pitbull. If he was still their champ would they have let him go? I dont know. Or maybe they would have, maybe they gave him that contract last time and saw that the returns werent really there. He at one point or maybe he still does have the lowest ratings in Spike/Bellator history. So maybe with him getting close to 35 and having fought basically everyone in the div they were just like ok move on and we'll rebuild this div without him.

Yeah.
Also, sometimes losing a good fighter to the UFC pays returns, when they tear it up and force people to realize Bellator has some serious talent.

and if he flops they say well we let him go, didnt want him anymore. Same thing UFC does.

I’ve never been one to bang the, “Everyone outside of the UFC is on steroids” drum, but I will say that Chandler is the one guy I’ve always looked at with a little bit of skepticism. The fact that he looked like a 145lber when he fought Eddie and was able to last deep into the fight going toe-to-toe with one of the all time great lightweights and battle back from almost being finished in the 3rd to getting the finish himself was highly impressive. Compare that with the last few years how he is thicker than gravy on biscuits and can’t fight one round without gassing to complete shit? My doubts are also doubled by the fact that he hung around Dillashaw for as much as he did. I feel quite classless admitting it, but I wouldn’t be surprised he popped for something.
Fighters get popped in Bellator via State Athletic Commissions and via the Mohegan Tribe Sports Commission just like they get popped in the UFC under USADA. Fighters that cheat get caught. Outside of those that get caught, I hope many MMA fans aren't being dumb enough to be spending their time looking for this fighter and that fighter to get busted for PEDS.

Fighters get popped in Bellator via State Athletic Commissions and via the Mohegan Tribe Sports Commission just like they get popped in the UFC under USADA. Fighters that cheat get caught. Outside of those that get caught, I hope many MMA fans aren't being dumb enough to be spending their time looking for this fighter and that fighter to get busted for PEDS.

I’m not accusing Bellator of not testing. I don’t really care one way or another if fighters do PEDs, just saying it wouldn’t surprise me if he popped. I think in a perfect fight world whether fighters chose to take PEDs or not would just be part of pre-fight negotiations.

Honestly, Chandler ran his course in Bellator, there was only a rematch against Pitbull left for him and maybe another rematch against Primus. Bellator's LW division is the worst of their divisions. If they had people like Tofiq, Gamrot, or any of the UFC's top 10, then he would be worth the money to stay and fight them. But nobody wants to see Chandler fight Campos, Girtz, Jury, etc or young up and comers. I dont think he was worth the money to them anymore and if he succeeds in the UFC he would be a good Bellator ambassador in the UFC.
BTW, the signing of Corey Anderson is completely unrelated to the Chandler release, at least I havent read anything that would suggest anything of the sort.
Exactly.

They got everything they could out of Chandler. He was a household name so it's kind of a loss but the dude wasn't even a champion and tbf he was never a dominant one.

I think Bellator should put some work in their LW division tho. Maybe sign a bunch of guys and have a tournament.

Chandler is a big loss he has grit and the all American charm.
He has several great fights left in him. He will serve as a backup should either Khabib Nurmagomedov or Justin Gaethje cannot compete that is respect he deserves.

Bellator has several possible up-in-coming stars but most still a long ways off from fame. They need to hang on to their stars and even do like One and give their stars jobs in the organization. Patricio Freire, Douglas Lima are Bellator stars... Minakov, Fortune, Page, respect them.

This, Chandler is 34 and lost the title in Bellator. Of course if the situation was reversed the ufc fanboys would be saying he is a ufc reject going to Bellator. But when a Bellator guy (who isn't even champ) goes to the ufc he gains super ufc fighting powers, in their minds anyway.
I couldn't agree more.

Chandler beat Alvarez in their first fight and arguably won the second fight as well. Chandler is an average sized lightweight. As far as his cardio goes he's fought 5 rounds several times and made it through. He won some of those and lost some. I think he's past his prime now so I don't know how well he'll do in the UFC.

Back