Bellator is having a ‘massive’ retirement fight for Fedor Emelianenko

Imagine they announce Fedor V NGannou omfg

tim Johnson was Francis spar partner…..this has some story

It may be selfish, but if it is not for the title, I want Fedor to crush a can. Low risk high reward a a proper send off. if he gets KO'd, that will be terrible and he will need to fight again.

Isn't Steven Seagal living in Russia nowadays? And he is heavyweight :D

I think we need to see a rematch with Jaideep Singh. LOL at people saying Brock or Reem.

Hoping for Josh if this is a real match and not just a send-off or a loaner with RIZIN featuring a match with bodybuilder who lost to Bobby if this is supposed to be a guaranteed win.

Man that fight broke this place back in the day lol. Damn time flies.

Id love for it to be Brock but I'm guessing Kongo or Hager
Hager? Thinking his WWE draw will make financial sense? Not sure how big he was. BUt there is that grappling match vs Jon Jones happening soon. IF he wins I can see Coker crafting a narrative. Though I have not been impressed with Hager in Bellator thus far. Would likely be an easy match for Fedor. Kongo on the other hand would probably be a tough one for the Last Emperor. Probably as much risk as Bader but no belt to make it worth it.

Hager? Thinking his WWE draw will make financial sense? Not sure how big he was. BUt there is that grappling match vs Jon Jones happening soon. IF he wins I can see Coker crafting a narrative. Though I have not been impressed with Hager in Bellator thus far. Would likely be an easy match for Fedor. Kongo on the other hand would probably be a tough one for the Last Emperor. Probably as much risk as Bader but no belt to make it worth it.
Didn't Hager deny this and say that he'd received no contract?

Kongo would be the worst choice. As you say, equal risk, less reward. Really hope they pass on that option.

Hager would be a good choice. Let Fedor go out with a nice KO victory. Not what I'd call a "massive" retirement fight, but probably an appropriate one.

If he really feels up for a challenge, then the Bader fight is the one to make. Don't see it ending well for him, but if you're going out with a loss, at least make it for the title. And if he does manage to come up with the KO-what an amazing ending to a career.

Wandy Silva. I think Bellator wants a big name that Fedot will beat so they can have a “feel good” story to hype up his retirement. Wandy hasn’t fought in a few years but there would be enough interest that it would probably go over okay, especially compared to Kongo or someone who is good but not a big draw on their own.

Well, there's plenty of time to plan it. Looking forward to the GOAT's final fight.

Wandy Silva. I think Bellator wants a big name that Fedot will beat so they can have a “feel good” story to hype up his retirement. Wandy hasn’t fought in a few years but there would be enough interest that it would probably go over okay, especially compared to Kongo or someone who is good but not a big draw on their own.

If Wandy had come in looking in shape in his last few fights I'd be all about this one. But he has looked like dad bod Wandy.

Damn it Fedor, you said you'd fight a couple times in the US... I was hoping to see him fight again before he retires.

im not getting my hopes up, this is bellator after all. they considered kimbo vs dada a massive fight.

Back