Bellator is Averaging less than a 1/3rd of Boxing viewers on Showtime

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It saddens me to realize even with Boxing at all time lows in viewership Bellator is barely pulling a third of what showtime boxing is bringing in. I guess we now know why dazn kicked bellator to the curb.

There are empty slots for certain bellator shows in the table because the viewership was so low it failed to pull a rating.

Combate is swallowing the competition. Combate is growing so fast Campbell Mclaren will soon own the UFC again.

showtime is arguably THE channel most associated with boxing in the US now that HBO has jumped ship, that's not necessarily something that people should be shocked by, particularly since Showtime has been putting out bangers recently in boxing.

Oof. And with the UFC card being so weak too.

When bellator puts on an elite level match up they get half the views a throw away UFC card gets.

For a premium cable channel those boxing numbers are good, shame about the Bellator 263 numbers; it had a legitimate top level main event.

Oof. And with the UFC card being so weak too.

When bellator puts on an elite level match up they get 1/4* views a throw away UFC card gets.

If they could keep a consistent, decent product. Instead of Cans fighting Cans and circus fights.

Not surprising, Bellator are really bad at building up stars.

They need a new person in charge. Better match making and start focusing on building stars. Bellator has potential to be bigger than it is, it's the way it's been run and packaged is why it has low viewership and brand awareness.

Bellator hasn't had a great reputation the past few years (mostly known for old hasbeens) but now they seem to be changing course and building up a decent young core so let's hope they can start turning things around and growing.

Enjoying all the Bellator threads in the Heavies...

<36>

Bellator > UFC

p09c45g3.jpg

Oh so this is why UFC fighters stick with the promotion even though they get treated like rat shit

Who the hell has Showtime? Boxing fans. You think MMA fans are going to pony up extra money to watch minor league MMA when the UFC puts dozens of events on free TV each year?

Bellator needs more exposure not less. Putting them on premium cable was doomed to fail.

Who the hell has Showtime? Boxing fans. You think MMA fans are going to pony up extra money to watch minor league MMA when the UFC puts dozens of events on free TV each year?

Bellator needs more exposure not less. Putting them on premium cable was doomed to fail.

ESPN+ is not free

<{danayeah}>

ESPN+ is not free

These days they put nearly all those cards on ESPN in addition to ESPN+, plus all the prelims before the PPVs. UFC puts a shitload of fights on ESPN which most Americans have.

I have Showtime. I have seen every card that Bellator has put on for Showtime. I hope that Bellator will stay with Showtime.

I have Showtime. I have seen every card that Bellator has put on for Showtime. I hope that Bellator will stay with Showtime.

Ok, but if you are also watching boxing on Showtime then you are helping to make Bellator look bad.

It's going to take some time. Their product is actually really good.

Back