Bellator has to do something about their vacant Middleweight Championship.

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's been way too long. Brandon Halsey was stripped of the Bellator middleweight title on May 14, 2015 after failing to make weight for his Bellator 137 title defense against Kendall Grove. It's been a couple of months and Bellator still hasn't addressed their vacant middleweight championship. I would like to see Brandon Halsey fight someone asap for the vacant title. What are your thoughts?

Bellator-MMA-Logo-2014-110x77-600x420.jpg

[YT]KZ5fSl_rlLI[/YT]

Brandon Halsey MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography, and More - Sherdog.com

I'd like to see Halsey vs Carmont at 205 at dynamite and then come back and fight McCrory for the title

Maybe they're holding a good 4 or 8 fighters up for a tournament? Notice guys like Halsey, Barncat, or Carvalho haven't been booked since the Summer started. But even Barncat is getting very frustrated on Twitter which gives indication that even he doesn't know what's going on. I feel like there is a lot of unfound potential in that weight class. Will probably never be able to compete with the UFC's shark tank at 185 but they need to work on it if they want to see the next Rockholds, Kennedys, and Jacares pop up.

Their MW division is shit, they should honestly just get rid of it but I guess it'd be weird to have two divisions above it. Hell maybe they should just get rid of LHW and HW too lol. Only LHW is decent, their HW division is pretty bad too but it's got a couple good fighters. MW is clearly the worst, Grove just fought for a title.

Maybe they're holding a good 4 or 8 fighters up for a tournament? Notice guys like Halsey, Barncat, or Carvalho haven't been booked since the Summer started. But even Barncat is getting very frustrated on Twitter which gives indication that even he doesn't know what's going on. I feel like there is a lot of unfound potential in that weight class. Will probably never be able to compete with the UFC's shark tank at 185 but they need to work on it if they want to see the next Rockholds, Kennedys, and Jacares pop up.

They've had terrible fighter management since Coker took over. Their best fighters never fight and even with only one card a month their events aren't any more stacked than they were with weekly cards. These guys were fighting pretty regularly under Bjorn.

8 man tournament. And the final four being a 1 night tourney to crown a new champion.

8 man tournament:

Halsey
Barncat
Manhoef
Reiter
Grove
Carvalho
Kato
Schilling

Make it happen Coker?

8 man tournament:

Halsey
Barncat
Manhoef
Reiter
Grove
Carvalho
Kato
Schilling

Make it happen Coker?

No way Schilling nor Manhoef should be anywhere near discussion for any potential title talk.

So what? UFC has "interim" belts happen all the time and no one cares, but when Bellator has a title vacant fr a month everyone loses their minds???

Coker knows what he's doing and when the time is right, he'll make a fight for the title. Try not to bust a blood vessel before then.

totally forgot that he had been stripped of the title.

No way Schilling nor Manhoef should be anywhere near discussion for any potential title talk.

They're just fun names for the fans to get excited about. Not really contenders but can always put on a highlight real KO for Bellator to market.

Get Beltran or Marshall to replace Schilling and it looks good.

Beltran could be fit in their somewhere

Does anyone know whats been up with Rhino?

So what? UFC has "interim" belts happen all the time and no one cares, but when Bellator has a title vacant fr a month everyone loses their minds???

Coker knows what he's doing and when the time is right, he'll make a fight for the title. Try not to bust a blood vessel before then.

I see more people worried about the Conor belt and the freaking WSOF WW title than this. 3 months is a long time to be silent about an entire division, whether its talent stacked or not. I'm sure people would rather watch a MW title fight main event a Bellator rather than Guillard vs Girtz or Warren vs Davis. Nobody is talking about it and I'm glad TS brought it up.

Back