Bellator Freak Show Fights - What were you expecting?

Axl'

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Like seriously?
Of course the main event fights were bad. The first main event was 2 ''street fighters'' with 0 cardio and the second one was Royce and Ken, like when the fuck was the last time these two had a good fight? They are 50! It's pretty obvious that these Bellator freak show events shouldn't be taken seriously.
The show gave us great entrances, drunk Mike Tyson on commentary and one of the funniest KO's in history.

Holy shit what a joke, Kimbo looked better in his fucking streetfights on youtube what the fuck? This was worse gassing then Alexander vs Kimbo.... man.... shitty fight.

I guess the best way to put it is that I expected an average episode of Family Matters, and I got Anchorman + American Pie + Tropic Thunder + Dodgeball + Beverly Hills Cop + Ghostbusters + Caddyshack + Groundhog Day all rolled into one.

Saw it this morning.
I have no idea what so ever on what to expect in the main event going in. And then the finish was even weirder than I was expecting/hoping for.

I guess the best way to put it is that I expected an average episode of Family Matters, and I got Anchorman + American Pie + Tropic Thunder + Dodgeball + Beverly Hills Cop + Ghostbusters + Caddyshack + Groundhog Day all rolled into one.

Sounds like you got more than you bargained for.

What happen last night was greater than anything I could have expected. The only thing I knew for certain was that no matter what happened there would be people complaining on Sherdog.

yeah I don't understand why the crowd was booing

This is what you deserve for buying a ticket for this shit

I love how BIg John waves it off while Dada is only about a quarter of the way through his tumbling walk around the cage.

He was looking for the first possible opening to end that match, and it took them that long for someone to do enough to present him with an opportunity.

well...i dont really care...but i at least expected kimbo vs dada to be a brawl for as long as it lasted....haha...it was a comic disgrace to MMA...i would rather watch Bob Sapp fight...that is how bad this fight was for me

I'd honestly LOVE to see a Big John interview on this fight. I'd love to hear what he has to say about reffing this.

Nobody wants to see a freakshow fight last long, everyone was expecting Kimbo to get the quick KO. What an awful fight, just a really really really awful fight.

I expected Shammy to put in at least a half decent effort. I thought this was important for him. At least try to get one takedown. Would have loved to see Shamrock lay and hold on for dear life in Royce's guard like the good old days. Nostalgia I guess.

People expected a short slugfest that ended in a quick knockout for slice v dada. Not a Ko via cardio

I watched this entire card in Fast Forward this morning on my DVR. I've had a cold and went to bed early totally forgetting about the event. After playing it I can honestly say that the whole thing went about as expected. I thought that Guillard might lose by decision though.

Back