1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Bellator Fighters Soon Hitting Free Agency

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Who's Next, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Who's Next Green Belt

Me? I dont post everyday but I watch independent MMA more than most on this forum

2. Aikidoka Chief Troublemaker Banned

So they ditched him for Kimbo Slice?

3. zomb No soap for you Platinum Member

4. BOTTICELLI MMA Fanatical Sabbatical

Strauss !

5. caged_mma Purple Belt

I imagine they'll all be hitting free agency soon.

Bellator dropping their tournament format and the major shake up in leadership is almost word-for-word the writing on the wall for the International Fight League.

6. qw3rty Silver Belt

Sosnovskiy and Zayats too

7. Who's Next Green Belt

I support UFC bringing over every Russian from Bellator, there needs to be more UFC depth right now

8. JonSnitchPhones Beastin' 26/9

I'd like to see Sarnavskiy in UFC at this point for one. They aren't using him right now, he got lay and prayed by their champ, and he has crazy power in his hands these days.

Volkov's in a similar position.

Sosnovskiy hasn't even fought in Bellator after all this time, but did fight in Russia again. He'd be much needed young blood for Bellator's HW division. He can make the switch too.

Zayats is too small for 205. He could make some noise at 185, but they'd make him win at least 1 or 2 fights in their feeders RFA or WSOF first.

Obviously they aren't getting rid of Georgi since he's Americanized and are giving him special treatment even.

I really can't see them getting rid of Minakov (a champion) or Shlemenko (a long-time standout in entertaining fights) anytime soon. Minakov would likely have to wait for a while if he wants out because he beat everyone toward the top.

Koreshkov I'd like to see them keep for a while still. I've wanted to see Lima-Koreshkov for a long time. That's a dream fight. Page is too. Daley. There are still a few really fun fights for him that would tell us something more.

9. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe Banned

Call me crazy but I predict Straus will drop to 135.

10. SBC Purple Belt

Ever since Bellator canned Rebney it's been circling the drain. Seriously, all the hard work that Rebney did has been undone by the utter incompetent Coker. All the sponsorships he got? Gone. Russian TV deal? Poof! As far as I'm concerned the fight cards haven't been great like everyone who hated Bjorn said they would be and I'm wondering if these people who said that ever paid attention to Strikeforce when Coker was in control. Coker sucks at building fighters from the ground up. Look at those abysmal "Challenger" cards they put on. Besides the rare Rockhold fights it was filled with people like Conor Huen. All he can do is take fighters that were made somewhere else and fill cards. I really think the people that said Coker would be a great addition to Bellator only did so because they're UFC shills. They knew what a screw-up Coker would be. Hell, the people championing Coker are the same guys who were always talking negative about Bellator. They knew giving Coker the yes man "control" over Bellator meant it's slow agonizing demise. Rebney was way better and his format was too.

11. Van_Damage Blue Belt

agreed on them keeping a few like Koreshkov and Minakov. Man I seriously want to see Lima/Koreshkov more than most any other fight. I thought I read Lima had a recent injury.

Anyone know what SS is doing?

12. realisum determination is key

Except Caldwell. When he gets the opportunity it all changes. It's funny how we get stuck on old stars.