Bellator featherweights vs UFC

I don't think Pitbull would be champ, but he'd be a lot of fun to watch in the UFC. I think he'd have a lot of trouble with the top 5 guys though. FW is a deep division.

The rest probably wouldn't be ranked if I'm being honest

IMO

Aaron Pico - Probably would be in the LFA at this point, he could probably stay on the UFC roster if they gave him favourable matchups.

Pitbull - In the mix with Volk, Max, Yair, Zabit, Ortega, Zombie and Kattar. Probably beats some of those dudes and probably loses to some of them. Would love to see him fight them though.

Emmanuel Sanchez - Imo could be ranked, I think he's very similar to Shane Burgos, so round about where he is.

Daniel Weichel - Top 30 kind of win some/lose some fighter

A.J. McKee - Not sure, loads of potential, but need to see him tested, certainly seems to have the ability to be top 10 or maybe higher, but I want to see him against someone who takes him into deep waters.

Caldwell - Would do okay, a little bit one dimensional but excellent at that one dimension. Probably just outside the rankings.

Henry Corrales - Would find life in the UFC very tough I think, might get the odd win, but I think he'd be around the bottom of the division and would get cut before too long.

Daniel Straus - Hasn't looked the same since that motorcycle crash. I don't think he can beat any UFC fighters at this point.

Adam Borics - Has the potential to be a UFC fighter, but looked tentative since Caldwell wrestle fucked him. FW isn't an especially wrestler heavy division in the UFC so, so I could see him sticking around. Not sure he'd ever be ranked, but could have some fun fights, kind of like a more striking based version of Amirkhani.

Pedro Carvalho - Would go 0-4 and get cut imo. Gets smashed by pretty much anyone in the UFC.

Mads Burnell - Would do fine, not sure why they released him in the first place. He was beating Arnold Allen for most of their fight. Top 30.

Of the fighters i'm aware of these are some great takes imo. I could go with all of this.

Those fights last night were fun as fuck! Bellator has tremendous talent in that division. I honestly believe Patricio would wreck most of ufc's featherweights. Including Alexander. As, stated before Holloway would be his biggest problem

Speaking pf aaron pico, hope he works it out, talk about a talent

To me, Pitbull is the Gilbert Melendez of any potential UFC acquisition of Bellator. Not that I think he'll be as big a bust as Melendez was. I think he could win some top 10 matches, maybe even a top 5 match, and lose others. But I don't think he wins the belt. I think if there was such an acquisition, he would get the press and a lot of the focus, but I think there are more interesting targets to be acquired in the organization who would prove to be more valuable over time.

I think Caldwell is pretty good as well. I think he could become like a strong gatekeeper for the division. Only lose to the contenders, and filter all the pretenders.

I think Gonzales and Pico are good prospects who could have good futures but would need time and some fights to build them up. I want to see more of AJ McKee prior to a verdict, the Caldwell fight will make my final opinion of him.

The others...I think some of them are quite entertaining. They're the type of guys who you put in front of other savages on the now-weekly UFC cards, great fillers, and will definitely deliver on the entertainment value win or lose. But rankings? I'd be surprised.

Prolly the deepest its been

I think at the top of the division Bellator was at its best a few years ago tho when Pitbull, Curran, Straus and Weichel were all in their purimes

IMO

Aaron Pico - Probably would be in the LFA at this point, he could probably stay on the UFC roster if they gave him favourable matchups.

Pitbull - In the mix with Volk, Max, Yair, Zabit, Ortega, Zombie and Kattar. Probably beats some of those dudes and probably loses to some of them. Would love to see him fight them though.

Emmanuel Sanchez - Imo could be ranked, I think he's very similar to Shane Burgos, so round about where he is.

Daniel Weichel - Top 30 kind of win some/lose some fighter

A.J. McKee - Not sure, loads of potential, but need to see him tested, certainly seems to have the ability to be top 10 or maybe higher, but I want to see him against someone who takes him into deep waters.

Caldwell - Would do okay, a little bit one dimensional but excellent at that one dimension. Probably just outside the rankings.

Henry Corrales - Would find life in the UFC very tough I think, might get the odd win, but I think he'd be around the bottom of the division and would get cut before too long.

Daniel Straus - Hasn't looked the same since that motorcycle crash. I don't think he can beat any UFC fighters at this point.

Adam Borics - Has the potential to be a UFC fighter, but looked tentative since Caldwell wrestle fucked him. FW isn't an especially wrestler heavy division in the UFC so, so I could see him sticking around. Not sure he'd ever be ranked, but could have some fun fights, kind of like a more striking based version of Amirkhani.

Pedro Carvalho - Would go 0-4 and get cut imo. Gets smashed by pretty much anyone in the UFC.

Mads Burnell - Would do fine, not sure why they released him in the first place. He was beating Arnold Allen for most of their fight. Top 30.

Pico - It wouldn’t be wise to throw him in the fire right now as he’s building back up, but l’d give him a 50% chance of beating most UFC guys outside the top 15 and some in the 10-15 range. He’d be a stylistic nightmare for a guy like Bryce Mitchell, for example.

Caldwell - I agree he’s somewhat one dimensional, he wouldn’t be the first one-dimensional fighter to find success at FW ( see Hall and Mitchell). Could easily be top 10-15.

Weichel - Top 30 sounds about right. Average to above average UFC FW.

Corrales - He was competitive in a split decision loss to Sanchez, who you say could be successful, so I don’t see him going 0-4 unless he got a bad draw. I see him as a .500 fighter in the UFC.

Back