Media Bellator 291 Dublin Amosov vs Storley Feb.25th 2023

Kelly moving down to FW, interesting

I find Kelly a bit underwhelming so far. Lee Hammond seemed like the interesting one but he seems to be playing the field rather than committing anywhere for now.

I find Kelly a bit underwhelming so far. Lee Hammond seemed like the interesting one but he seems to be playing the field rather than committing anywhere for now.
If Bellator really wanted to establish themselves in Ireland, they would overpay for Paul Hughes or Caolan Loughran

If Bellator really wanted to establish themselves in Ireland, they would overpay for Paul Hughes or Caolan Loughran

I think they'd get told to fuck off unless they pulled out that Soldic money.

You don’t think a Myles Jury contract would get one of them? Beats the 10K/10K in the ufc

Was Myles 100k? You might get them for that.

The weird thing is that I'm still not sure if they'd take the 100k from Bellator or 12/12 in the UFC lol.

Was Myles 100k? You might get them for that.

The weird thing is that I'm still not sure if they'd take the 100k from Bellator or 12/12 in the UFC lol.
Myles jury was on a 125 or 175 k contract. Sometimes fighters get too fixated on the UFC and make horrible business moves. If you are a profitable guy, ala Chandler, you can parlay that into bigger chances in the UFC

Bellator needs an Irish “star” since Gallagher seems like a flop and everyone else is mid tier guys

Myles jury was on a 125 or 175 k contract. Sometimes fighters get too fixated on the UFC and make horrible business moves. If you are a profitable guy, ala Chandler, you can parlay that into bigger chances in the UFC

I guess it depends. For some fighters like Chandler and Jiri the non UFC road worked well (although I do think Chandler wishes he'd come over a few years ago now), but for everyone like that there's people who went and lost outside the UFC or got a bad injury and never fulfilled their dreams of being a UFC fighter.

Notice how both guys you mentioned are from different gyms than SBG. The problem with SBG isn’t the facilities or even the amount of fighters there, it’s the coaching. SBG Ireland is essentially a jiu jitsu gym with Western Europe level wrestling training. Ever since Owen Roddy left nobody there can even out strike a toddler. They’re all BJJ guys who can’t wrestle or strike worth a shit. Exactly like Kavanagh. Bellator is making money off of SBG Dublin but if they’re looking to find world class talent they’re in the wrong place. Only a guy who has prior striking experience like Asael Adjou can ever really be world class coming from there. Kavanagh is scared to hold pads I don’t know how the fighters will improve on the feet.

Notice how both guys you mentioned are from different gyms than SBG. The problem with SBG isn’t the facilities or even the amount of fighters there, it’s the coaching. SBG Ireland is essentially a jiu jitsu gym with Western Europe level wrestling training. Ever since Owen Roddy left nobody there can even out strike a toddler. They’re all BJJ guys who can’t wrestle or strike worth a shit. Exactly like Kavanagh. Bellator is making money off of SBG Dublin but if they’re looking to find world class talent they’re in the wrong place. Only a guy who has prior striking experience like Asael Adjou can ever really be world class coming from there. Kavanagh is scared to hold pads I don’t know how the fighters will improve on the feet.

It's like after seeing Conor get tooled by Khabib John thought he needed all his fighters to fight in that way.

It's like after seeing Conor get tooled by Khabib John thought he needed all his fighters to fight in that way.
I just think Kavanagh is a shitty coach too lol. His fighters never make improvements. Usually at top gyms you see guys improve every fight but SBG guys look like shit every time. Same story. Hug and try to wrestle some crappy Western European can. Kelly was extremely disappointing his last fight. My God if he wants to be elite he needs to change something up cause that was embarrassing. 2-0 at 24 years old and Usman is 16-0 with the belt at 24. Why even bother for some of these guys.

I just think Kavanagh is a shitty coach too lol. His fighters never make improvements. Usually at top gyms you see guys improve every fight but SBG guys look like shit every time. Same story. Hug and try to wrestle some crappy Western European can. Kelly was extremely disappointing his last fight. My God if he wants to be elite he needs to change something up cause that was embarrassing. 2-0 at 24 years old and Usman is 16-0 with the belt at 24. Why even bother for some of these guys.

I don't think he's shit, I think he's good but he's become quite limited. He's good at getting fighters to a certain level, but I think they probably need to move on if they want to get beyond that.

I wonder how much of a role Chris Fields played too, he was at SBG for ages and he did a great job with Ian Garry, who's the kind of multi faceted fighter that they used to sometimes produce at SBG.

Two Irish Fighters added:
IRISH STARS PETER QUEALLY AND CIARAN CLARKE ADDED TO STACKED MAIN CARD FOR BELLATOR 291: AMOSOV VS. STORLEY 2

DUBLIN - Leading mixed martial arts promotion BELLATOR MMA has today added four exciting fights to BELLATOR 291: Amosov vs. Storley 2, taking place at the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland, on Saturday, February 25, 2023. Hometown hero and No. 9-ranked lightweight Peter “The Showstopper” Queally (13-7-1) returns to action against Bryce Logan (12-7), plus undefeated rising Irish star Ciaran Clarke (5-0) welcomes Scotland’s Keir Harvie (5-2-1) to the BELLATOR cage for the first time in the featherweight division.

Two Irish Fighters added:
IRISH STARS PETER QUEALLY AND CIARAN CLARKE ADDED TO STACKED MAIN CARD FOR BELLATOR 291: AMOSOV VS. STORLEY 2

DUBLIN - Leading mixed martial arts promotion BELLATOR MMA has today added four exciting fights to BELLATOR 291: Amosov vs. Storley 2, taking place at the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland, on Saturday, February 25, 2023. Hometown hero and No. 9-ranked lightweight Peter “The Showstopper” Queally (13-7-1) returns to action against Bryce Logan (12-7), plus undefeated rising Irish star Ciaran Clarke (5-0) welcomes Scotland’s Keir Harvie (5-2-1) to the BELLATOR cage for the first time in the featherweight division.
I expect to Clarke to look horrible and then win by stoppage in the third based on pure cardio and determination

I don't think he's shit, I think he's good but he's become quite limited. He's good at getting fighters to a certain level, but I think they probably need to move on if they want to get beyond that.

I wonder how much of a role Chris Fields played too, he was at SBG for ages and he did a great job with Ian Garry, who's the kind of multi faceted fighter that they used to sometimes produce at SBG.
Genuine question, but Conor even go back to SBG to train? I don't think I have seen him there for so long.

any word on his opponent? Not expecting much.

Genuine question, but Conor even go back to SBG to train? I don't think I have seen him there for so long.
He wasn't at john kavanaghs wedding the other day if that is any indication.

Back