Bellator don't sound interested in Anderson Silva?

Bellator probably doesn't have the money the pay Silva how the UFC was paying him. And even then they probably realize how it looks.

As soon as fans are allowed back in arenas at full capacity, Bellator should get Anderson to ask for his release from the UFC, and then match him up against Wanderlei in Brazil. They have never fought each other and that would be a great way to retire.

I can see Anderson getting his release and fighting in Japan or elsewhere, but not in Bellator. I think they're trying to trim the payroll and get away from the expensive veterans. Dana in the press conference went out of his way to let everyone know two things to diminish his value away from the UFC-Anderson is totally done and very overpriced.

Reactions: MGS
If I was forced to book Anderson......I feel it would have to be against fellow aging fighters or a Novice .....Anderson vs Manhoef ? ....Anderson vs Tito? (205)......Anderson vs Danis ? ....Anderson vs Royce Gracie......ok ok I’m getting carried away
Lol Royce!
I've heard Manhoef mentioned a few times, I just don't want to see it, it has no meaning or relevance at all that I can think of.
i'd rather see him fight Weidman again I think cos at least it has some meaning. To go from fighting Izzy to Manhoef in 4 fights would be pretty ridiculous though.

If he goes to Bellator i'd have him fight Machida(If I had to pick someone), other than that I can't think of anyone i'd enjoy to see him against. It's all scrubs or old people that offer nothing to his name.

I think Coker would prefer to retire, and has likely has been guided to focus on certain developmental signing for the next year or so. CBS is giving them time, but they are running out of stops within Viacom. The paycheck for Anderson would have to be huge, and I don't think Coker is going to be doing as much of that, going forward. That could be absolute nonsense of course, but that's my guess.

As fun as some of the matchups could be, I think Anderson is a better fit in something like Rizin where they can make a spectacle of it in a way that he would enjoy.

Maybe Coker has some morality and sees Anderson is washed, he'd just be a ratings boost. Of course BT could match Silva up with lower level fighters, but I don't see that. I think they'd use his name. Have MVP, their Silva, beat up Anderson. God dammit that's worth throwing up. I hope Coker doesn't go there.

And I hope if Anderson still wants to compete he'd style on cans in Japan. That'll still be fun to watch.

Technically, Anderson Silva still has one more fight left in his UFC contract.

After the card, UFC president Dana White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that he thinks it's time for Silva to "hang it up," adding that if he wants to continue his MMA career it won't be with the UFC. Silva, 45, has one more fight left on his UFC contract and has said that he would compete elsewhere if the UFC didn't want him back.

White said he isn't sure if the UFC will release Silva from his contract, but acknowledged that other promotions would likely sign Silva if he were released. White said it would be "disgusting" if an athletic commission continues to allow Silva to compete.

Source: https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...riah-hall-ufc-fight-night-say-mma-career-over

But Dana doesn't want to offer him fights. Means the contract will be terminated soon. They have to offer every fighter fights.

Is Bellator interested in impending free agent Anderson Silva?
Scott-Coker-Anderson-Silva-1.jpeg

“I have a lot of respect for him. He’s definitely one of the greatest fighters in the history of mixed martial arts. I really haven’t thought about it, but I think I’m happy with the way our roster is heading and the fighters that we have now. I think that’s my statement on that.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/list...nderson-silva-whos-next-for-vadim-nemkov-more
I think Coker doesn’t want to sound too eager, and also doesn’t have that “AndersonSilvaMoney” to spend.

Though he would attract some decent views, I don't think theres a way you can book Anderson in Bellator without it coming across pretty contrived and awful.
They don’t care. They hosted Kimbo/dada and Royce/shamrock in main events.

They don’t care. They hosted Kimbo/dada and Royce/shamrock in main events.
True, though they seem to be attempting *slightly* more of a developmental thing at the moment in regards to additions and departures at least.
I don't have any expectations of Bellator to do the right thing, but i'll be glad if they ever do.

His time is over om afraid

jeeez pulling a dead horse here so many better guyz out there. Let them focus building there roster with top talents instead of broken legends

Coker playing it cool. Doesn't want to seem too eager.

Nobody should sign him or offer him a fight for his well being

Back