Bellator choses NOT to re-sign LaRue Burley,

Jesus Christ people, what don't you get about this??

HE WANTED TOO MUCH MONEY.

Viacom might have lots of money but there's only so much to go around, and they've been signing up lots of big names and top prospects, ALL OF WHICH COST MONEY. It's like this; if you had to choose between watching Larue Burley or Kimbo Slice, who would you pick? I know who I would.

Jesus Christ people, what don't you get about this??

HE WANTED TOO MUCH MONEY.

Viacom might have lots of money but there's only so much to go around, and they've been signing up lots of big names and top prospects, ALL OF WHICH COST MONEY. It's like this; if you had to choose between watching Larue Burley or Kimbo Slice, who would you pick? I know who I would.

LaRue at this point, that goose egg in the loss column is always exciting to me. Plus i'm guessing he would have been a LOT cheaper than Kimbo. I'm not anti-Kimbo, but I thought the purpose of signing guys like that was to help bring eyes in on their own self created star prospects like LaRue.

What an irrational defense of UFC. No question they should have signed a 12-0 #2 promotion champ, and Bellator tried to but they got rebuffed. They didn't release him. That's spin. They tried to negotiate but when they were at an impasse because he wanted to pursue a UFC offer, Bellator waived the rest of their matching period like critics wanted them to do with Eddie. Damned if you do damned if you don't in Zuffa Zombies like yourselves eyes I guess.

This situation is completely different and you should know it or you're a fool. LaRue Burley is a 5-0 prelim fighter so it's perfectly fine if Zuffa doesn't sign him right away and Bellator did actually release him with some stupid excuse like tens of billions of dollar media giant Viacom didn't have the 5k/5k per fight to pay him anymore, but they have hundreds of thousands per for Kimbo.

UFC should have signed him, but your acting like Bellator was interested is just a lie. Bellator never had any interest in Askren.

UFC should have signed Askren, it was petty politics. Bellator didnt really want him either, Bjorn was pushing him out the door begging UFC to take him. But they did offer him a deal that wasnt very big at all just to say they offered but they knew he wanted out and they were happy to get rid of him.

Under COker I wonder if they would take him back, he's got alot more attention now than he did before, he's finishing guys, mostly cause they arent good opponents but since his beef with Dana/UFC he's become more of a name.

Spike could want him back to capitalize on that now, play up his trash talking UFC/UFC WW.

His/Viacom's treatment of prospects and originals does not earn them the benefit of the doubt in this situation. The more likely explanation is Bellator merely values established names, even from yesteryear, much more. They don't have the patience, intention, or know-how to take the time to build many fighters up.

You don't even have to have a name for coker and his team you would just have one fight in another "big show" and they'll sign and push you know matter how average that fighter is skill wise and how little effect they have on drawing eye balls. Outside of northern California fighters Coker and his team have shown little interest and ability to find unknown talent fighting on local shows.
Be prepare for the overpaying of the Pat Healy's of the world while skipping on the signings of the Patricio Pitbulls and Brandon Halsey's of the world.

UFC should have signed Askren, it was petty politics. Bellator didnt really want him either, Bjorn was pushing him out the door begging UFC to take him. But they did offer him a deal that wasnt very big at all just to say they offered but they knew he wanted out and they were happy to get rid of him.

Under COker I wonder if they would take him back, he's got alot more attention now than he did before, he's finishing guys, mostly cause they arent good opponents but since his beef with Dana/UFC he's become more of a name.

Spike could want him back to capitalize on that now, play up his trash talking UFC/UFC WW.

Well Askren's last opponent Nobutatsu Susuki did something Melvin Manhoef couldn't do when he beat brock larsen and Coker and his team want to push Manhoef down our throat.

UFC should have signed him, but your acting like Bellator was interested is just a lie. Bellator never had any interest in Askren.

Acting like they never had any interest is the lie. If that were true, they wouldn't have made a competitive offer according to Askren himself.

You don't even have to have a name for coker and his team you would just have one fight in another "big show" and they'll sign and push you know matter how average that fighter is skill wise and how little effect they have on drawing eye balls. Outside of northern California fighters Coker and his team have shown little interest and ability to find unknown talent fighting on local shows.
Be prepare for the overpaying of the Pat Healy's of the world while skipping on the signings of the Patricio Pitbulls and Brandon Halsey's of the world.

Agreed, Bjorn and Caplan were very good at finding and building up prospects, Coker not so much. It's ironic he has a few die-hard fans like "boxandjitz". You could call them cokeheads.

Last edited:
Larue says he will most likely join RFA then move to the UFC

According to the mma report article

What an irrational defense of UFC. No question they should have signed a 12-0 #2 promotion champ, and Bellator tried to but they got rebuffed. They didn't release him. That's spin.

Got a source for that?

Can't really muster up any anger over this. Nothing Strikeator does should truly surprise anyone. Burley will get opportunities elsewhere.

Back