Bellator back with Showtime officially.

trentkelp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2020/1/16/...shook-conor-mcgregor-now-running-bellator-mma

Interesting quotes:

"At the same time, Bellator MMA, the ViacomCBS-owned company that produces MMA events and manages a roster of fighters, will be now report into Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza."

"Scott Coker will continue as president of Bellator MMA."

"Based in Hollywood, Bellator MMA has long been an island within Viacom. The move to Showtime Sports is designed to help integrate Bellator more fully into ViacomCBS’ content strategies."

Bellator was never on Showtime. I think you mean Coker is back with Showtime as he was with them when he ran Strikeforce. Bellator actually started out on ESPN Deportes, then got picked by MTV2 when it started getting broadcast in English. Ever since Viacom purchased the promotion they have been on Spike TV/Paramount Channel.

Bellator was never on Showtime. I think you mean Coker is back with Showtime as he was with them when he ran Strikeforce. Bellator actually started out on ESPN Deportes, then got picked by MTV2 when it started getting broadcast in English. Ever since Viacom purchased the promotion they have been on Spike TV/Paramount Channel.
Man I remember those ESPN Deportes commercials. Bellator is so different now.

I wonder if Bellator has ever really been on Showtime.

Hopefully they get Jimmy Lennon Jr to announce bellator. It would be like Strikeforce 2.0 again.

I wish they made weekly cards again.
It's not like the cards are more stacked because events are monthly now.

In fact, besides the tentpoles (I know they don't name it that way anymore but for reference) cards are more watered down now than in Bjorn's era (at worst, at the same level).

I will add that Bellator was on Fox Sports Regional networks before they went onto MTV2.

They should make Tyrone Fortune president so he can rightfully claim himself as the GOAT !

I'm surprised this move wasn't made a lot sooner. Viacom didn't do itself any favors leaving bellator to rot on paramount.

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/1/16/...shook-conor-mcgregor-now-running-bellator-mma

Interesting quotes:

"At the same time, Bellator MMA, the ViacomCBS-owned company that produces MMA events and manages a roster of fighters, will be now report into Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza."

"Scott Coker will continue as president of Bellator MMA."

"Based in Hollywood, Bellator MMA has long been an island within Viacom. The move to Showtime Sports is designed to help integrate Bellator more fully into ViacomCBS’ content strategies."

This is the beginning of the end. Only this time the ufc won't buy out this promotion because it's shit, and instead will opt to have their pick of the litter after bellator collapses

Tomorrows card should get good ratings (unless it's on DAZN).

Don’t give a shit about Bellator besides the occasional intriguing fight. Really tried to like the product for years on end but the commentary is so bad that I have to press mute. Coker has been at it for half a decade now and his ability to develop genuine top level fighters has been unimpressive relative to his achievements in Strikeforce.

Back