Bellator announces 10-man welterweight tourney field

I would assume there are byes like McDonald, or it is 8 people but two alternates.

"Officials told MMA Fighting’s Shaun Al-Shatti that a 10th participant is still to be named and there will be two play-in matches to determine the final eight-man bracket."

I still don't get what it means. 8 fighters plus two guys fighting to be the alternate makes sense, but it's not what I understand from that sentence.

Rory is already fighting Mousasi at 185 and is probably in Round 2 Welterweight. These Welterweights have the same style as Covington or Woodley but there is apparently hype for Bellator. The 2 best in Bellator are only knocking out #8 ranked fighters and going to decision against everyone else.

OH SHIT <DCWhoa> (Don't sleep on a motivated Larkin)

A little early for Ruth but he asked for it and has looked great.You'd think Lima and Koreshkov would be on separate sides of the bracket,weird first fight.Rory is fighting Mousasi in like 2.5 months so I guess he's getting a bye?

Glad to see MVP will be tested, they've brought him along well enough. I think he would beat Daley and Lima, maybe Koreshkov but Rory finishes him.

Probably Paul Daley. He should fight MVP in the first round, but I doubt that's the plan.

it cause mvp fight cans only he the cris cyborg of bellator. I bet more likely mvp pulls out to box a guy with a 0-10 record.

Where the fuck is Daley ? i though he and Coker sorted out their differences ?

A little early for Ruth but he asked for it and has looked great.You'd think Lima and Koreshkov would be on separate sides of the bracket,weird first fight.
it can be ruth vs fitch. 2 wrestlers going at it and a classic vet vs prospect.

Glad to see MVP will be tested, they've brought him along well enough. I think he would beat Daley and Lima, maybe Koreshkov but Rory finishes him.

to be tested mvp has to show up. I bet he pull out before hand.

it cause mvp fight cans only he the cris cyborg of bellator. I bet more likely mvp pulls out to box a guy with a 0-10 record.

Cyborg had one fight in kickboxing and she literally challenged the undefeated female GOAT of the sport, while MVP went to boxing to fight a bunch of turds.

How are the brackets going to work with 10 people? After those fights you'll have an odd number left and someone without a fight?

Am I just being dumb here?

Officials told MMA Fighting’s Shaun Al-Shatti that a 10th participant is still to be named and there will be two play-in matches to determine the final eight-man bracket.

So, it's like the NCAA Tournament

I wonder how quickly Page will be eliminated from this tournament.

I'm gonna let myself be optimistic here and say he fights at least one of the top guys.

wouldn't shock me he pulls out to box a guy with a 0-20 record.
ot mvp gets to hand pick who he fight since there only 9 names

Back