Bellator announces 10-man welterweight tourney field

ChumpyKiwi

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...eld-including-rory-macdonald-mvp-douglas-lima

"Ten of the promotion’s best at 170 pounds will be featured in the bracket, including current champion Rory MacDonald; former champions Douglas Lima and Andrey Koreshkov; undefeated welterweights Michael Page, Neiman Gracie, Ed Ruth, and Yaroslav Amosov; and former UFC standouts Lorenz Larkin and Jon Fitch."

First fight will be Lima vs Koreshov at Bellator 205. The 10th participant has yet to be named.

Will be interesting to see how far MVP gets. Also sorry if this is old news i just saw it

How are the brackets going to work with 10 people? After those fights you'll have an odd number left and someone without a fight?

Am I just being dumb here?

Pretty awesome. Surprised they are throwing MVP in there though.

And there should be one forum for UFC and Bellator discussion. Bit stupid having separate subforums.

How are the brackets going to work with 10 people? After those fights you'll have an odd number left and someone without a fight?

Good point. Maybe 2 fighters are standy fighters?

I would assume there are byes like McDonald, or it is 8 people but two alternates.

Probably Paul Daley. He should fight MVP in the first round, but I doubt that's the plan.

May be time to reintroduce The Heavies?

Damn, I miss Pride ...

Welcome to Belethor's general goods store

Nice. I almost don't watch Bellator, but will tune in for this tournament.

Rory facing the finalist and a replacement?

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...eld-including-rory-macdonald-mvp-douglas-lima

"Ten of the promotion’s best at 170 pounds will be featured in the bracket, including current champion Rory MacDonald; former champions Douglas Lima and Andrey Koreshkov; undefeated welterweights Michael Page, Neiman Gracie, Ed Ruth, and Yaroslav Amosov; and former UFC standouts Lorenz Larkin and Jon Fitch."

First fight will be Lima vs Koreshov at Bellator 205. The 10th participant has yet to be named.

Will be interesting to see how far MVP gets. Also sorry if this is old news i just saw it

mvp pulls out so it be 8 only watch

1 fight is a fight to see who goes in if someone get hurts? or mvp pulls out cause he only fight cans

So MVP finally going to have high level competition if he goes all the way.

Back