Bellator 605k viewers / UFC 574k. UFC is dying proof

Oh well. Back to kickboxing I guess.

remember all the people saying "UFC doesn't need Conor"? oh yes yes they fucking need him

remember all the people saying "UFC doesn't need Conor"? oh yes yes they fucking need him

Actually it is the reverse
If Conor does not fight in 2019, they will have a record year of profits due to the TV deal.
Without him fighting in 2017 for UFC, they broke records (not including maymac) & 2018 will be similar without him (maybe 2nd best year)

Say what you will about WME & MMA, but they made the financial adjustments to be less reliant on Conor.

Of course with Conor's PPV draw is better, but they are not doom/gloom without him.

@Final Say was one of those 85k <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
nope, i didnt watch this event live.

i usually go to the bar/restaurant to watch cards i dont want to pay for though

like i said, gotta be kind of a bum to sit at home and steal things you want to see.

So Bellator barely beat the UFC pre-lims. Who cares.

85K buys is horrible, but on paper that might have been the worst PPV I've ever seen. So those numbers aren't surprising at all. Let's wait and see the buys for 225 and 226 before we declare that the UFC is dying. Those cards are fire.

Chael vs Fedor
And
Meathead vs Bader

They are both competitive fights featuring big guys that are well known. A top 3 LHW (Bader) taking on heavyweights is interesting to me plus the personalities help sell the fights.

Its far from the Strikeforce tournament but its entertianing enough for free TV
So a steroid user that has never won a big fight moving up 2 weigh classes to to fight a guy that hasn’t beat anyone relevant in 6 years moves your needle?

Neither fight has any appeal. A bunch of washed up guys and a top LHW that nobody has ever clamoured to see. If you find this interesting I would assume you are mildly retarded.

No they really have not. I been a fan since 94 and never heard anyone talk about this fight once.
There's a subforum just for those threads. Probably why you haven't heard of it. Otherwise the whole front page would be all Chael vs Fedor.

nope, i didnt watch this event live.

i usually go to the bar/restaurant to watch cards i dont want to pay for though

like i said, gotta be kind of a bum to sit at home and steal things you want to see.

Obviously nobody wanted to see it.

That's why it only sold 85k PPVs lmao

Actually it is the reverse
If Conor does not fight in 2019, they will have a record year of profits due to the TV deal.
Without him fighting in 2017 for UFC, they broke records (not including maymac) & 2018 will be similar without him (maybe 2nd best year)

Say what you will about WME & MMA, but they made the financial adjustments to be less reliant on Conor.

Of course with Conor's PPV draw is better, but they are not doom/gloom without him.
It seems the new owners are playing long ball with these TV deals, I assumed they lost money in 2017 without maymac as well but you have been quick to clarify thats not the case recently. It would seem those TV deals are whats really important and "less is more" seems to be the new philosophy. And by less I mean less quality not less fights.

It seems the new owners are playing long ball with these TV deals, I assumed they lost money in 2017 without maymac as well but you have been quick to clarify thats not the case recently. It would seem those TV deals are whats really important and "less is more" seems to be the new philosophy. And by less I mean less quality not less fights.

Without MayMac they would have had their best year profit-wise according to reports
If not it certainly would have been second by a long shot

TV & worldwide contracts are what UFC are based on now.

They are less of a fight promotion now & more of a content provider.
That is healthier for them, but it seems worse for fans

UFC 224 had 3 decent fights on the main card but not worth the price of a PPV. Machida vs Belfort would have been big a couple of years ago but today, not so hot.

What boggles my mind is how the UFC thought it was a good idea to let Nunes headline against someone who would sell maybe 3-4 PPVs to friends and family. I like Pennington but she’s not a good fighter and she’s usually boring to watch. She’s a human punching bag and the card was doomed when they put her in the main event.

Also, to make the PPV even further watered down they put Dern in the main event of a PPV with a very weak main event. I don’t mind watching her fight but she should be on the main card of a UFN card not a weak PPV.

In hindsight, the event was enjoyable to watch but I wouldn’t pay a cent to see it live.

UFC 224 had 3 decent fights on the main card but not worth the price of a PPV. Machida vs Belfort would have been big a couple of years ago but today, not so hot.

What boggles my mind is how the UFC thought it was a good idea to let Nunes headline against someone who would sell maybe 3-4 PPVs to friends and family. I like Pennington but she’s not a good fighter and she’s usually boring to watch. She’s a human punching bag and the card was doomed when they put her in the main event.

Also, to make the PPV even further watered down they put Dern in the main event of a PPV with a very weak main event. I don’t mind watching her fight but she should be on the main card of a UFN card not a weak PPV.

In hindsight, the event was enjoyable to watch but I wouldn’t pay a cent to see it live.

I honestly think they are running out 2018 so the WME-ERA can start with new content deals in 2019
Less PPV is expected
We will know by 2020 if its good for fans (or not)

Barely edged out a very weak card with two WMMA fights on the main card.

Yea the ufc is on a little slump but they are far from going anywhere. I said before that the ufc pulled this event the same night as bellator to see where they stand in comparison. The UFC purposefully put the nunes-pennington as the main card for a reason. They wanted to see how their worst ppv card would do against bellator.

I don't get it. Do you WANT the UFC to die? I mean, every sports league has had downswings in popularity. They're not dead. The UFC isn't dying. It's just losing some steam because there aren't as many stars and the current stars are either old and losing, retiring, or inactive. It's normal.

Back