Bellator 605k viewers / UFC 574k. UFC is dying proof

this only really shows that ryan bader and aaron pico are a bigger combined draw than amanda nunes and mackenzie dern, which shouldn't really surprise anyone

but u know u rather see dern in a bikini.

LOL, I dont think so. UFC gets paid per show a flat rate, just cause Bellator did better ratings doesnt mean they made more money.

UFC is getting 10 million a show from ESPN+ on their new deal, they're are doing 15 shows with them and that is the equivalent in revenues of a ppv that does close to 300K. Put that in perspective, the UFC will get the equal of a 300K ppv for a simple fight night on cable.

And that is the first part of their new tv deal, they are still signing with either Fox or NBC for another estimate 200 million a year which will give him another 12/15 million per show.

Still dying??
TLDR

Are you really that easy to troll?

Hope UFC start to realize these extreme low weight div but most importantly womens divisions are not good for business..

No one gives a shit now Ronda has gone

The UFC has the best talent in the world.

Instead of making it a sport they chased money fights seeking to draw as many buys as they could for isolated events. This is an area in which other organisations can compete.

comparing a bellator main card with ufc prelims... there is a slight flaw in that..

e064f4ff56f3b6efc42915cfe4318f1b.jpg

I'm saying it over and over again.

Her face resembles a space monkey

UFCs prelims only doing 30k less than one of Bellators bigger cards.

That's actually very good for the UFC.

84k PPV buys (if that's even the real number) just means Nunes sucks and is boring. But we all knew that.

It was a shit UFC card, and unfortunately Nunes is not going to be a draw no matter how good she is - and I think she's a very talented fighter. Viewers want blonde, attractive, straight female fighters.

From a competitive standpoint, Ronda ended up where she belongs, but if the UFC wanted to maintain buys and WMMA in general they should've protected her.

That said... Rose is the shit. My GF loves her, I love her... I just need to get Pat Barry out of the way....

How is the tourney interesting at all?

Outside of it actually being a tournament it seems pretty lame. The UFC should adopt that format. They have the better fighters and could actually make some compelling matchups.

The Bellator tournament is a joke, it’s filled with guys past their prime and Light Heavyweights and the best actual Heavyweight in the thing left the UFC on a L to...

Ronda Rousey’s husband, and don’t even get me started on Kimbo/Dada and Shamrock/Gracie.

The UFC’s biggest issue is fighters ducking/sitting out and injuries/weight cuts/USADA, if they could get that sorted and we could actually see fights like Khabib/Tony and Dillashaw/MM everything would be okay.

The UFC has a bunch of good fights they can make and they’ve made some of them like Whittaker/Romero, Stipe/DC and Holloway/Ortega but there’s other fights that need to be made too.

Not surprised.... there have been ufc fight nights free tv with much more entertaining fights.

Dont get some fans obsession with ppv numbers. Maybe its some kind of parroting of what the journos discuss on the podcasts, but unless you have stock in wme, why would you care?

85k in buys? Have you got a source on that? Because that is by far and away the worst PPV buy rate in UFC - by 30k or thereabouts.

LOL at the UFC for trying to ram a WMMA main event down our throats with a champ very few casuals know and a 700+ underdog.

It's like the UFC brass push these low draw WMMA champs hoping that someone sticks like Rousey. Then to make up for it, they give us freak show fights with no end game that simply tie up divisions.

They do everything stupid nowadays. Remember UFC 84? Every fight felt like it could be a main event. Now main events don't even feel like main events.

ripped out of context. vertically&horizontally

no further comment needed

I was actually pretty surprised that card was a PPV. A good fight night i thought.. but then i found out i have to pay 50-60 bucks for it. I was like LOLdude theres multiple girl fights youre kidding??

LOL, I dont think so. UFC gets paid per show a flat rate, just cause Bellator did better ratings doesnt mean they made more money.

UFC is getting 10 million a show from ESPN+ on their new deal, they're are doing 15 shows with them and that is the equivalent in revenues of a ppv that does close to 300K. Put that in perspective, the UFC will get the equal of a 300K ppv for a simple fight night on cable.

And that is the first part of their new tv deal, they are still signing with either Fox or NBC for another estimate 200 million a year which will give him another 12/15 million per show.

Still dying??

You get it ...
Few things to piggy back on

1. The 85k number is BS. There are no numbers yet, but it certainly could be that low (I predicted under 100k)
2. UFC will be worth $6b in 2019. That is a 50% increase in 2.5 years. That is the opposite off death
3. Comparing prelim numbers to a tentpole event is silly. Both numbers sucked though.
4. UFC grossed 35x what Bellator did in 2017 & Bellator lost money in 2017 (according to John Nash) while UFC made a rumored $275-300m profit

Now the Nunes/Pennington bombed huge. No arguing that.
MMA is in a bad slump interest wise, but as a company UFC is as sound financially as they can be.

A good way to put it is:
UFC are less of a fight promotion but more of a content provider these days. That is where the money is & why they make bank in a low interest year.

Back