News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

From what I’ve seen looked like fight in February was a surprise for Vadim and not a good one. Maybe he even openly said that it’s too soon for him.

He performed poorly in the first fight because the fight got pushed back by 6 months and he just ended up training for the whole 6 months and burnt himself out.

He said he peaked like 3 months before the fight and was declined by the time they actually fought. Now the same thing might happen again.

Vadim just hars af for 3 months, fought a tough, 5 round rematch and is now expected to cut weight and come into the Romero fight in shape and peaking just 2.5 months from now which will be almost impossible.

Bellator is stupid for doing this imo

Last edited:
He performed poorly in the first fight with Anderson because the fight got pushed back and it left him training for 6 months.

He said he peaked like 3 months before the fight and came into it in poor shape. Now the same thing might happen again.

Vadim trained for their second fight for 3 months, just fought a tough 5 round fight and is expected to cut weight and come into the Romero fight in shape and peaking 2.5 months from now which will be almost impossible.

Bellator is stupid for doing this imo

Wonder how many fights he has left on his championship clause. You often find promotions doing stuff like this if fighters are on their last fight or two.

Sounds like this is just a warm up and test run to bring Combate onto CBS. Sort of like how some networks begin airing high school sports before they bring in the pro's.

Interview with Nemkov in Russian https://mma.metaratings.ru/articles...gran-pri-millione-i-revanse-fedora-i-beidera/
Interview about American visa is scheduled for December 8 in Bahrain

After arriving home plans to do medical checkup and if there is problems he will ask Bellator to reschedule fight, says that he cuts 20 kilos but if fight will happen that soon he will not gain this 20 kilos back. A bit sad that he was away from his family for 3 months and now he is gonna start a new camp

No plans regarding where he will train, calls fight announcement a hit on the head, wasn't ready and nothing planned yet

Doesn't have new contract with Bellator

Interview with Nemkov in Russian https://mma.metaratings.ru/articles...gran-pri-millione-i-revanse-fedora-i-beidera/
Interview about American visa is scheduled for December 8 in Bahrain

After arriving home plans to do medical checkup and if there is problems he will ask Bellator to reschedule fight, says that he cuts 20 kilos but if fight will happen that soon he will not gain this 20 kilos back. A bit sad that he was away from his family for 3 months and now he is gonna start a new camp

No plans regarding where he will train, calls fight announcement a hit on the head, wasn't ready and nothing planned yet

Doesn't have new contract with Bellator
I thought the UFC were the only ones to make fight announcements without contracts being signed. I think Nemkov should skip this fight.

I thought the UFC were the only ones to make fight announcements without contracts being signed. I think Nemkov should skip this fight.
Sadly I agree, it’s a very quick turnaround. Eblen vs Tokov makes more sense, if Tokov can get his visa issues handled.

Last edited:
OK, Nemkov vs Romero is probably off. So, what other 2 fights can round up the main card?

- Amasov vs Storley is scheduled for Dublin
- Cyborg vs Zingano makes the most sense for co-main
- Tokov does not have an American visa, so Eblen vs Tokov is probably happening in Europe.
- Pico is out for another 6 months
- AJ, Pitbull, Usman, and Usman are fighting in December and/or in the LWGP so its highly unlikely either of them is part of this event.

OK, Nemkov vs Romero is probably off. So, what other 2 fights can round up the main card?

- Amasov vs Storley is scheduled for Dublin
- Cyborg vs Zingano makes the most sense for co-main
- Tokov does not have an American visa, so Eblen vs Tokov is probably happening in Europe.
- Pico is out for another 6 months
- AJ, Pitbull, Usman, and Usman are fighting in December and/or in the LWGP so its highly unlikely either of them is part of this event.

My conspiracy theory is that they don't really intend to have Nemkov vs Yoel on this card. They just wanted Yoel's name attached for CBS if they weren't entirely sure about doing it.

I really don't understand why anyone would have ever expected Amosov on this card to begin with. They weren't going to feature his story and then celebrate the career of a Russian in the main event.

Eblen vs Tokov is a possibility. Eblen had a post on IG directed towards Tokov: "I hear you have your visa.. Let’s fight February in the USA or Dublin Ireland.. I’m ready to scrap".

If it's Cyborg vs Zingano, it will be sad that four out of the six fighters featured will not even be Bellator fighters. The rest of the card is ultimately meaningless, since it's not getting the national audience, so whatever they put together for the prelims isn't going to get the shine.

My conspiracy theory is that they don't really intend to have Nemkov vs Yoel on this card. They just wanted Yoel's name attached for CBS if they weren't entirely sure about doing it.

I really don't understand why anyone would have ever expected Amosov on this card to begin with. They weren't going to feature his story and then celebrate the career of a Russian in the main event.

Eblen vs Tokov is a possibility. Eblen had a post on IG directed towards Tokov: "I hear you have your visa.. Let’s fight February in the USA or Dublin Ireland.. I’m ready to scrap".

If it's Cyborg vs Zingano, it will be sad that four out of the six fighters featured will not even be Bellator fighters. The rest of the card is ultimately meaningless, since it's not getting the national audience, so whatever they put together for the prelims isn't going to get the shine.
Hope it’s true that Tokov has his visa. Eblen-Tokov makes the most sense if Nemkov can’t fight.

I would put MVP vs Larkin as the opener, then Cyborg vs Zingano and then Bader vs Fedor. That's a fun card tbh. It'll draw the casual viewer.

I would put MVP vs Larkin as the opener, then Cyborg vs Zingano and then Bader vs Fedor. That's a fun card tbh. It'll draw the casual viewer.
It sucks that it would be 90% former UFC fighters, which will be perceived as washed up UFC fighters. However, if that's what's needed to draw the viewership then so be it.

I thought Amosov vs Storley would be a good storyline but it would be weird to di it on the same event as Fedor.

Do people really want to see Feeder get flatlined again?
This is what I am thinking. Sure its exciting anytime Fedor fights, but he is going to get wrecked. garbage farewall fight. Also what happens if he wins somehow? Its never great to have an old dude win your belt and retire.

Back