News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

To me that WW fight would be boring as hell and put the crowd to sleep. Storley aint the guy you want on CBS my dude. I get your point, winner of that fight is a top WW but that aint the fight.

Cyborg can be promoted as GOAT by Bellator despite Nunes being alive and fighting and then playing up Cat beating Nunes, thats an angle to promote and Cyborg will likely chin her.

Elben, Storley, not really the exciting fights or big names you want for your CBS debut. If its not Cyborg then do Patricio defense, yeah its not Pico which would have been great but him vs either AJ if he wins vs Satoshi and resigns with Bellator or Kennedy. Patricio is Bellator GOAT and showcasing him isnt bad.
Patricio and AJ are fighting on NYE, they won't fight so soon again most likely. Maybe Mousasi vs Fabian will be the third fight

Coker said the LW GP will start early next year and all the participants will be known in 2-3 weeks. Tofiq also wants to fight Usman in the first round of that GP

Usman vs Tofiq would be great as the third fight on CBS

To me that WW fight would be boring as hell and put the crowd to sleep. Storley aint the guy you want on CBS my dude. I get your point, winner of that fight is a top WW but that aint the fight.

Cyborg can be promoted as GOAT by Bellator despite Nunes being alive and fighting and then playing up Cat beating Nunes, thats an angle to promote and Cyborg will likely chin her.

Elben, Storley, not really the exciting fights or big names you want for your CBS debut. If its not Cyborg then do Patricio defense, yeah its not Pico which would have been great but him vs either AJ if he wins vs Satoshi and resigns with Bellator or Kennedy. Patricio is Bellator GOAT and showcasing him isnt bad.
The first Amasov vs Storley fight was fucking amazing. If they can do it all over again, then that is the fight to make. Cyborg vs Zingano has the casual fan appeal but plays way too much into the "Bellator is the retirement home for UFC fighters" notion.

IMO, Fedor and Yoel already bring enough casual viewership, as well as name value. Cyborg eouldnt bring any extra fans to the table. Might as well promote some homegrown talent. Amasov has a Ukranian storyline to build on.

The first Amasov vs Storley fight was fucking amazing. If they can do it all over again, then that is the fight to make. Cyborg vs Zingano has the casual fan appeal but plays way too much into the "Bellator is the retirement home for UFC fighters" notion.

IMO, Fedor and Yoel already bring enough casual viewership, as well as name value. Cyborg eouldnt bring any extra fans to the table. Might as well promote some homegrown talent. Amasov has a Ukranian storyline to build on.
Yaro vs Storley 1 was a great fight. Insane pace and scrambles. High level of grappling there and Storley can’t 5 round wrestlefuck someone like Amosov. Not a bad idea to put your 26-0 29 year old champ who just came back from fighting in Ukraine to defend. If Bellator plays it right there is a story and fight to sell to casuals there.

Who are they going to showcase to lure casuals to follow them to watch on Showtime?

Who are they going to showcase to lure casuals to follow them to watch on Showtime?
Usman probably against Tofiq. Casuals will see Nurmagomedov and automatically associate it with Khabib who beat Conor.

The amount of people I have seen on social media saying Usman beats Charles and other UFC LWs is crazy considering most Bellator champs get shit on

The card is the Dublin card, so maybe they do Gegard vs. Eblen rematch or Cyborg vs. McCourt

Open up their wallets and get Nate Diaz vs Eddie Alvarez. That brings in the eyeballs bellator needs right now. Nate is Too expensive though

Open up their wallets and get Nate Diaz vs Eddie Alvarez. That brings in the eyeballs bellator needs right now. Nate is Too expensive though
It they think outside the box they sign Nate and put him on Showtime PPV with the All Access series for build up against say a Lima, Larkin, Page, Goiti. Highly unlikely though

So Nemkov said in recent interview that his visa is expired and his fight might happen at another event. Said that actually visa expired at November 1 but he was able to extend it for short period of time to be able to fight.

Nate Diaz on CBS? Seriously?

You think they will make the same mistake again? lol

{<jordan}

Trust me there won't be any Diaz bros or any punks on CBS this time

Obviously I know the difference between a jab and a hook. In the Bader/Fedor instance I make the jab comparison solely from the extension he gets with his arm, but yeah clearly it loops as a hook. Could I have worded my thoughts better? For sure. But then again, I didn't expect to get into such an argument about the name of a technique. That said, if you feel like I was trying to bring Fedor down with it, I can understand your need to call it out better.

But arguing about what is called what aside, is this really the fight you want to see? Is there anything out there to suggest that this match up isn't more of the same? Do we even really want to see Fedor fight again?
Yes, yes, and yes.
I do want to see Fedor fight one last time, and this is the fight I want. There are a few things that could make this a different fight than last time:
—Fedor was both and sick and injured, and almost pulled out of the first fight.
—Bader has looked like he’s starting to decline. He is slower and seems more chinny.
—Fedor had surgery on his injured left knee after their first fight, and has looked quicker and more mobile since then.
—Aside from fighting Bader the first time, Fedor also helped Nemkov and Moldavsky prepare for Bader. By now, he likely knows Bader’s game extremely well.

Fedor has never had the chance to rematch anyone who has ever beaten him cleanly. If he succeeds, he gets to retire as champion. I say, Lessss Gooooo

Nate Diaz on CBS? Seriously?

You think they will make the same mistake again? lol

{<jordan}

Trust me there won't be any Diaz bros or any punks on CBS this time
A Nate Diaz fight on CBS would be huge, though. Its the biggest non-UFC fighter that could rake massive viewership.

A Nate Diaz fight on CBS would be huge, though. Its the biggest non-UFC fighter that could rake massive viewership.
54548-16317403041382-800.jpg

This is why it won't happen

54548-16317403041382-800.jpg

This is why it won't happen
We all want to see Bellator bring big numbers to CBS, but tbh Bellator doesnt have big draws to compell casual viewership. I guess AJ vs Patricio 3 is about as big a fight they could make but that wouldnt draw nearly as close as a Nate vs whoever fight, IMO.

Yes, yes, and yes.
I do want to see Fedor fight one last time, and this is the fight I want. There are a few things that could make this a different fight than last time:
—Fedor was both and sick and injured, and almost pulled out of the first fight.
—Bader has looked like he’s starting to decline. He is slower and seems more chinny.
—Fedor had surgery on his injured left knee after their first fight, and has looked quicker and more mobile since then.
—Aside from fighting Bader the first time, Fedor also helped Nemkov and Moldavsky prepare for Bader. By now, he likely knows Bader’s game extremely well.

Fedor has never had the chance to rematch anyone who has ever beaten him cleanly. If he succeeds, he gets to retire as champion. I say, Lessss Gooooo
I was really apprehensive about this match up and thought it was doing Fedor a great disservice, but after these points, feel better about it.

I hope he proves me wrong here for sure. Would love to see him ride into the sunset on a high note.

So Nemkov said in recent interview that his visa is expired and his fight might happen at another event. Said that actually visa expired at November 1 but he was able to extend it for short period of time to be able to fight.
Lol that’s not good, maybe Cyborg vs. Zingano replaces it

This sucks, the financial and mainstream opportunity is huge, possibly once in a lifetime. Hopefully, they can sort things out.

This sucks, the financial and mainstream opportunity is huge, possibly once in a lifetime. Hopefully, they can sort things out.
From what I’ve seen looked like fight in February was a surprise for Vadim and not a good one. Maybe he even openly said that it’s too soon for him.

Back