News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

Though I'm not sure having a 46 year old and a 45 year old fight for the two heaviest divisions titles on the same night will do much to dispel the casual view of Bellator as a retirement home but <WhatItIs>

Hard to imagine how it could possibly go worse for Fedor than their first fight.

WarpedDefensiveGoosefish-size_restricted.gif

ryan-bader-bellator-214-1.jpg

ryan-bader-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-214-4.jpg

fedor-emelianenko-bellator-214-1.jpg

ryan-bader-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-214-5.jpg

Though I'm not sure having a 46 year old and a 45 year old fight for the two heaviest divisions titles on the same night will do much to dispel the casual view of Bellator as a retirement home but <WhatItIs>
How old was Hendo when he fought for the title in the UFC?

Fedor totally deserves this, I'm fine with Yoel as well since there are no clear contenders there. The younger guys are not on Nemkov/Davis/Yoel/Corey level

I get it, but Yoel and Fedor are special cases. Stack the rest of the card with homegrown guys you want to bring eyes on. Your Roman Faraldos, Johnny Eblen vs. Tokov, Lucas Brennan, etc.

How old was Hendo when he fought for the title in the UFC?

Fedor totally deserves this, I'm fine with Yoel as well since there are no clear contenders there. The younger guys are not on Nemkov/Davis/Yoel/Corey level

Hendo was old, Yoel was pretty old when he fought Adesanya too, I'm just saying it won't help the perception.

Hendo was old, Yoel was pretty old when he fought Adesanya too, I'm just saying it won't help the perception.
I understand what you're trying to say but I don't care what some randoms will talk online, both of these fights will be great. People always complain about stuff, 2 days after this event they will talk about the next contenders, next cards etc

Good there’s an official announcement. Now folks can stop clogging up other threads with meaningless fantasy matchmaking.

I understand what you're trying to say but I don't care what some randoms will talk online, both of these fights will be great. People always complain about stuff, 2 days after this event they will talk about the next contenders, next cards etc

I mean more in terms of promotion. Bellator's mainstream problem is that it's always been seen as something as a UFC retirement home (which isn't really fair anymore), but having these old dudes in big spots probably won't help that (obviously Fedor isn't ex UFC).

If the next fight that gets announced is Kongo Vs Timmay III then we're in trouble lol.

Do people really want to see Feeder get flatlined again?

Back