News Bellator 289 : BW GP Semis: Stots vs. Sabatello and Mix vs. Magomedov set for Dec. 9th in Mohegan

Do we get a rematch between Magomed and Raufeon?

Do we get a rematch between Magomed and Raufeon?
I am picking Raufeon vs. Magomed for the finals, however Patchy is a huge BW so we will see if Magomed can handle his size on the ground

I am picking Raufeon vs. Magomed for the finals, however Patchy is a huge BW so we will see if Magomed can handle his size on the ground

Yeah, it's possible that he can't honestly. Stots and Yan gave Magomed lots of trouble on the mat, they seemed physically stronger and Magomed lacks any real stopping power striking. It's an interesting matchup, could be a decision that goes either way for sure, I'd be surprised if Patchy outclassed him.

Danny getting someone he probably can't lay and pray, not sure what he's going to do.

Man, I think Stots will legit clear out the division within 3 fights. Sabatello, Mix, then Pettis, dude probably beats them all.

Man, I think Stots will legit clear out the division within 3 fights. Sabatello, Mix, then Pettis, dude probably beats them all.
I think he beats those 3 guys as well but BW has plenty of talent so he will never clean out the division. They signed some good fighters recently at 135

Marcos Breno 15-2
Sarvadzhon Khamidov 13-0
Richard Palencia 10-0
Hurshed Nazarov 9-0

Very curios to see if any of them can reach the top

I think he beats those 3 guys as well but BW has plenty of talent so he will never clean out the division. They signed some good fighters recently at 135

Marcos Breno 15-2
Sarvadzhon Khamidov 13-0
Richard Palencia 10-0
Hurshed Nazarov 9-0

Breno showed potential, hopefully he can get a few fights against top competition. I would love to see him destroy Gallagher but I'll settle for seeing him against Higo and/or Mikhailov for now.

Marcos Breno 15-2
Sarvadzhon Khamidov 13-0
Richard Palencia 10-0
Hurshed Nazarov 9-0

Palencia is a glass jaw takedown spammer, I wouldn't get your hopes up for him.

Kind of on the fence about buying tickets for this one. Just saw sabatello/magomed earlier this summer and I'd be lying if I said the womens fight has me excited. Still, Mix and Stots are world ranked and theres no sight of a UFC in new england. Never easy with Bellator.

Shamil Nikaev returns on this card at LW (info his insta)

Shamil Nikaev returns on this card at LW (info his insta)
Im pretty high on Nikaev and Im also gald to see him returning to LW. I think he can do a title run within a few fights.

Rosta said in a recent interview that Salter turned down the fight, so only Aaron Jeffrey makes sense. Things dont have to make sense in Bellator, though.

Last edited:
Back