News Bellator 286: Pitbull vs Borics & Mckee vs Carlyle - October 1st

Chris Avila is somehow on a two bout winning streak

He's literally only ever beaten two people with barely winning records and now he's going to have fought in the two biggest MMA promotions in the world lol.

Gibson should utterly clatter him.

The fact that Bellator has brought a couple of Nate's buddies makes me think they are trying to be on Nate's good graces. Kind of sort of how they are doing with Khabib. I think Coker is hoping they can sign Nate to a couple of fights, if anything just to spite the UFC.
Showtime is probably gonna pounce on Nate to book Nate vs. Jake Paul.

The fact that Bellator has brought a couple of Nate's buddies makes me think they are trying to be on Nate's good graces. Kind of sort of how they are doing with Khabib. I think Coker is hoping they can sign Nate to a couple of fights, if anything just to spite the UFC.
I think it’s inevitable nate is going to showtime and Bellator. The only question is if he will show up to fight Khamzat before? If the contract expires in October will he risk it?

Jay-Jay 'The Māori Kid' Wilson vs. Vladimir Tokov

I think it’s inevitable nate is going to showtime and Bellator. The only question is if he will show up to fight Khamzat before? If the contract expires in October will he risk it?

I'm reliably informed by @Stan that Bellator would never sign Nate Diaz.

I'm reliably informed by @Stan that Bellator would never sign Nate Diaz.
Lol honestly there’s nowhere else he would go. He’s made it clear in the past he really likes Coker. Plus being on showtime and being able to box and do mma without having to sign multiple contracts. I think it’s a no-brainer. Especially with Yancy and Avila there too. I’m just curious if he’s gonna screw the ufc and not show up vs Khamzat.

Lol honestly there’s nowhere else he would go. He’s made it clear in the past he really likes Coker. Plus being on showtime and being able to box and do mma without having to sign multiple contracts. I think it’s a no-brainer. Especially with Yancy and Avila there too. I’m just curious if he’s gonna screw the ufc and not show up vs Khamzat.
I dont think he can do that, my understanding is that he has that fight left on his contract and if he doesnt accept a fight then his contract will extend further.

Jay-Jay 'The Māori Kid' Wilson vs. Vladimir Tokov

I really wish Jay Jay would stay at FW but I guess he lacks the discipline to make weight. He really seems lime he could he a contender at FW but at LW he will be perpetually undersized for the division. He went from being 1 fight away from a titleshot to fighting prospects at LW. Its a great match up but sucks for Jay Jay.

I dont think he can do that, my understanding is that he has that fight left on his contract and if he doesnt accept a fight then his contract will extend further.
I think that’s how it was before but because of the anti trust lawsuit regardless of what transpires during the contract there is a 5 year limit on the deal from when the contract was signed. Nate signed in October of 2017 so his expiration is coming. Same with Ngannou signing in December in 2017. He is free to walk away once the 5 years hit. Ufc cannot keep fighters in perpetuity anymore.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/07/ufc-news-nate-diaz-contract-expiration-date

I think that’s how it was before but because of the anti trust lawsuit regardless of what transpires during the contract there is a 5 year limit on the deal from when the contract was signed. Nate signed in October of 2017 so his expiration is coming. Same with Ngannou signing in December in 2017. He is free to walk away once the 5 years hit. Ufc cannot keep fighters in perpetuity anymore.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/07/ufc-news-nate-diaz-contract-expiration-date
Got it, no idea why Nate agreed to that fight then.

Got it, no idea why Nate agreed to that fight then.
That’s the point of speculation. When Khamzat talked to Helwani when the fight was announced, nate still hadn’t signed the contract. I think ufc knows he’s gonna walk so they said “fuck it let’s just announce it to publicly pressure him into taking it and if he doesn’t show up it looks like he ducked before leaving ufc.” Nobody knows if the contract is signed or if he will even show up tbh.

Gibson is going to kill Avila. Also anyone know where in the hell Joey Davis is?

Back