News Bellator 286: Pitbull vs Borics & Mckee vs Carlyle - October 1st

It would be tremendously stupid for AJ to fight Shabliy. He has two fights on his contract left, one is Carlyle. When he beats Carlyle, Bellator will give him 2 options. You reup with Bellator and then you can rematch Pitbull/Borics for the title. OR if you want to go to free agency, they'll give you the worst matchup possible.

Now, there are no bad matchups for AJ at FW in Bellator or really in the world outside of the UFC. BUT if he is adequately stupid he could be baited to chase a bad matchup out of his own weight class, which is what Shabliy would be. So that when he gets to free agency no one will pay him big money but he's lost 2 out of his last 3 fights and all his shine is gone. Really a best case scenario for Bellator.

But AJ better stay in his lane because 1 million in today's economy goes fast, don't let it be the last real money you make.

It would be tremendously stupid for AJ to fight Shabliy. He has two fights on his contract left, one is Carlyle. When he beats Carlyle, Bellator will give him 2 options. You reup with Bellator and then you can rematch Pitbull/Borics for the title. OR if you want to go to free agency, they'll give you the worst matchup possible.

Now, there are no bad matchups for AJ at FW in Bellator or really in the world outside of the UFC. BUT if he is adequately stupid he could be baited to chase a bad matchup out of his own weight class, which is what Shabliy would be. So that when he gets to free agency no one will pay him big money but he's lost 2 out of his last 3 fights and all his shine is gone. Really a best case scenario for Bellator.

But AJ better stay in his lane because 1 million in today's economy goes fast, don't let it be the last real money you make.

1million in today's economy only goes fast if you're stupid. With that kind of capital you should be able to invest in your future and create multiple streams of income and invest....Also he's 27, he would still be fighting and having sponsors, could go get a degree or work if he chose to retire and/or after retirement.

Max has his 1st Bellator fight Oct. 1st!!

Rohskopf’s mom just confirmed it on FB …

Let’s see against who

Max has his 1st Bellator fight Oct. 1st!!

Rohskopf’s mom just confirmed it on FB …

Let’s see against who
Why are you following Rohskopf's mom on facebook.....? Just genuinely curious how you found that info

Mike Hamel is already on this card so I am assuming it's him

Why are you following Rohskopf's mom on facebook.....? Just genuinely curious how you found that info

That's a tough out for Max. Hamel isn't the most skilled but he's all grit and heart, things Max has shown a lack of.

Lol!!!!!! I worked on a pro grappling show in Vegas that max participated and I’m friends with both on social media … after the ufc situation the kid deleted all social media and his mom is the one that posts all the information of his fighting career now …

I genuinely like Max vs Hamel if that’s the matchup

Hyped for that fight, of it is confirmed, but its a super tough test for Max. Mike will push him to that Hubbard limit, too.

MAIN CARD

• Patricio Freire vs. Adam Borics – for featherweight title
  • Spike Carlyle vs. A.J. McKee
  • Jeremy Kennedy vs. Aaron Pico
  • Juan Archuleta vs. Enrique Barzola
PRELIMINARY CARD

• Cee Jay Hamilton vs. Richard Palencia
  • Mike Hamel vs. Max Rohskopf
  • Nick Browne vs. Islam Mamedov
  • Keon Diggs vs. Ricardo Seixas
  • Khadzhimurat Bestaev vs. Khalid Murtazaliev
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022...nnedy-juan-archuleta-enrique-barzola-rohskopf

MAIN CARD

• Patricio Freire vs. Adam Borics – for featherweight title
  • Spike Carlyle vs. A.J. McKee
  • Jeremy Kennedy vs. Aaron Pico
  • Juan Archuleta vs. Enrique Barzola
PRELIMINARY CARD

• Cee Jay Hamilton vs. Richard Palencia
  • Mike Hamel vs. Max Rohskopf
  • Nick Browne vs. Islam Mamedov
  • Keon Diggs vs. Ricardo Seixas
  • Khadzhimurat Bestaev vs. Khalid Murtazaliev
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022...nnedy-juan-archuleta-enrique-barzola-rohskopf
I will bet the the house on Pico vs Kennedy. Im glad they rescheduled this one. Archuleta vs Barzola is pretty fire. I was hoping for Browne vs Bak or something, I really hate Mamedov.

Last edited:
I will bet the the house in Pico vs Kennedy. Im glad they rescheduled this one. Archuleta vs Barzola is pretty fire. I was hoping for Browne vs Bak or something, I really hate Mamedov.
Browne is a good jits and wrestling guy, i think he has a chance to beat Mamedov

Feels to me besides weight issues AJ cleared path for Pico to get gold

Feels to me besides weight issues AJ cleared path for Pico to get gold
LW is a much harder division for AJ, but shame we never got AJ vs. Pico. Doubt they really want to fight each other anyway since they are friends. I can imagine Coker pulling an ACA and jumping into the cage to DQ both fighters for not trying to hurt each other.

Browne is a good jits and wrestling guy, i think he has a chance to beat Mamedov
I dont know that he has good enough bjj to threaten Mamedov's lnp. Primus has pretty legit bjj and couldnt threaten it enough. Benson beat him through out-scrambling him, Browne should try the same. Rather than looking to submit him, he should try to get back up and look for scrambles.

Going to this one in person....looks like a good card.

I will bet the the house on Pico vs Kennedy. Im glad they rescheduled this one. Archuleta vs Barzola is pretty fire. I was hoping for Browne vs Bak or something, I really hate Mamedov.

Bak and Mamedov are equally boring imo.

The fact that Bellator has brought a couple of Nate's buddies makes me think they are trying to be on Nate's good graces. Kind of sort of how they are doing with Khabib. I think Coker is hoping they can sign Nate to a couple of fights, if anything just to spite the UFC.

Back