News Bellator 273: Bader vs Moldavsky - January 29th 2022

Anything better than -140 I'm all over it.

I don't see Bader having much advantages here. And Ryan is pretty shot.
Depending on the odds, I might sprinkle some money on Moldavsky ITD.

Damn it … watching mamedov in the main card… what a torture
IDK why would Bellator push Islam Mamedov so much. Two spots on the main card against high profile names, and this will probably be the co-main...are they really angling to get Mamedov a title fight?

I'm assuming Goiti vs Outlaw is next, which is not that bad but not exciting either. Goiti vs Benson would have been the fight to make, IMO.

Moldovsky is hugely underrated but I think he would easily be top 5 in the UFC and a tough match up for anyone not named Ngannu.

It's just because he's boring. He brings most of the same problems that Blaydes does, so he'd for sure do fine.

It's just because he's boring. He brings most of the same problems that Blaydes does, so he'd for sure do fine.
Agreed, his problem is that he doesnt take much risks. Which its a shame because he has the right team and skillset to be a more exciting fighter.

short interview with Fedor

• Fedor sums up 2021 in a context of his team's results.
• Fedor asked about rematch with Bader. Says Valentin (Moldavskiy) goes first.
"It does not depend much on our desires, on my desires, on Valentins desires or fans. The other thing what Bellator wants. There is a champion and interim champion so their fight should happen in a first place of course. Our intentions to let someone fight instead of someone is just a friendly discussion or sort of a gentlemen gesture."
• Fedor asked about Vadim Nemkov and his possible move to UFC. Fedor says Vadim is able to pick his own way and Fedor wont be against any decision Nemkov chooses.
• Journalist reminds about Nemkov vs Prochazka and asks if Fedor likes the idea of their 2nd fight. Fedor would like to see it.
• Fedor confirms Bellator has plans to make an event in 2022 with him. Says Scott Coker tries to make it happen on Red Square.
• When we will see Fedors fight? June or July. The opponent will be known closer to date. Cheick Kongo mentioned.
• Fedor asked about potential rematch with Werdum
"From latest news related to Fabricio I've heard he has health issues - first. Secondly - he doesnt have contract with Bellator. There were a lot of talks but fight contract wasnt signed. There might be any intentions to fight, might be any talks but in fact there is no contract. I talked to Scott and he said "we negotiating (with Werdum)" but there is no contract (with Werdum). The man is outside of the organisation. Not sure but I guess he signed with PFL. (He) said about Bellator but signed with PFL *smiles* "

- All paperwork aside would you like to rematch Werdum anyway?
"You know..I would like to (say)..We will see what happens to Heavyweight till summer. If Valya (Moldavskiy) becomes champion we will see who is going to be 2nd/3rd number in Bellators list. If Valentin wont make it I would like to fight the champion."
• Impressions from the first Bellator tournament in Russia.
"You always worry about your guys. I'm watching them. Thankfully it doesnt affect me much (emotionally) and I can separate that since I understand that i have to compete myself and there is huge responsibility on me too. Related to the tournament organization - I understand UFC fans probably react in their own way but I think Bellator in Russia was better than UFC (in Russia). Whoever I talked to everyone said they felt comfortable with Bellator. There are some things related to arena but overall atmosphere was great."

Unrelated: Apparently there will be a Dublin card in February

Who could be in that Dublin card? Could they do an opening round of the BWGP there with a Gallagher headlining? If not, I dont see anyone else currently in Bellator who could headline, unless they sign Cartwright (and even then that would be a weakass main event).

Who could be in that Dublin card? Could they do an opening round of the BWGP there with a Gallagher headlining? If not, I dont see anyone else currently in Bellator who could headline, unless they sign Cartwright (and even then that would be a weakass main event).

Cartwright is English, I doubt they'd build a Dublin card around him.

My guess would be Gallagher Vs someone in the main with McCourt against someone like Blencowe in the co-main.

Would it be crazy to believe they will do Pettis v Gallagher in Dublin for the BWGP?

My guess would be Gallagher Vs someone in the main with McCourt against someone like Blencowe in the co-main.
Always thought he was Irish, not that they are going to sign him anyways. But good to know.

Would it be crazy to believe they will do Pettis v Gallagher in Dublin for the BWGP?
Either this or they will try to get Gallagher to a winnable fight, Higo for example.

Gallagher makes sense they gotta get the GP moving. No way they risk there only fw prospect against Blencowe.

Either this or they will try to get Gallagher to a winnable fight, Higo for example.
Coker mentioned on a previous interview… that he wanted the 4 gp first round fights to happen on the same night …. Not sure if they changed from that stance

But if that is the plan I don’t see Gallagher on this card

I don't think there is a winnable fight in the GP for Gallagher in all honesty. He's in above his head.

Back