News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not a fan of this fight whatsoever. Fedor has a shot to KO him but Tim is tough and sturdy and might even wrestle him a little bit. Just don’t see Fedor winning this.

Yeah, this is actually a very high risk/low reward fight for Fedor. Johnson just fought for the interim HW belt in Bellator, and has wins over Fortune, Mitrione, and Kongo recently. He was even competitive with Moldavsky recently, and Volkov awhile back. If a deal couldn’t be made with JDS or Reem or someone, Johnson is probably the best name on the Bellator roster that Fedor could fight.

Its not that Johnson is a bad fighter it's that it's poor matchmaking with all things considered. Not sure how anyone could support this circus that has become the end of Fedors legendary career. Fedor mismanaged his legacy and so have those around him.

Aah Fedor should just stop fighting, hes been KO'd a couple of times the last years and he's 40+. Got a good win over Sonnen and Rampage, though.

Yeah, this is actually a very high risk/low reward fight for Fedor. Johnson just fought for the interim HW belt in Bellator, and has wins over Fortune, Mitrione, and Kongo recently. He was even competitive with Moldavsky recently, and Volkov awhile back. If a deal couldn’t be made with JDS or Reem or someone, Johnson is probably the best name on the Bellator roster that Fedor could fight.
The problem with Johnson is that he has 0 name value. Most people have no idea who he is and think he is a bum. The few people who do know who he is think he will fold Fedor. Its a lose-lose situation for Fedor.

Bellator are sulking, right, and have completely given up?

Only explanation.

The only positive thing about this fight is that at least he is not fighting Cheick Kongo. Jesus fucking Christ, trust Bellator to sabotage Bellator. Im fucking done, this is one of the worst match ups they could have come up with. Even the Jake Hager fight would have been better. Lets wait for the special announcement for this shit show...

I mean, probably Bellator couldn’t come to terms with guys like JDS or Werdum, so Fedor opted to fight the highest ranked HW they had available. Props to Fedor for taking the fight imo.

This was definitely a surprise. Johnson's name never came up in the polls and possible opponents for Fedor's return. He also just fought recently. But yep here we are.

The problem with Johnson is that he has 0 name value. Most people have no idea who he is and think he is a bum. The few people who do know who he is think he will fold Fedor. Its a lose-lose situation for Fedor.
I also don't get it. Let's say that Fedor wins, then what? Does he get a fight against Bader? He is not fighting Valentin since he is his coach

Sergei would have legit been a better opponent.
This fight does nothing for Fedor. He shouldnt be fighting title contenders at this point of his career. Roy fucking Nelson would have been a better opponent, Matt Mitrione, Mark Hunt, virtually anyone else (except Kongo) would have been better opponents. Even if Fedor won by KO (he wont), this fight has zero appeal. First event in Russia and this is the main event they came up with...I dont understand why Bellator keep sabotaging themselves.

Its not that Johnson is a bad fighter it's that it's poor matchmaking with all things considered. Not sure how anyone could support this circus that has become the end of Fedors legendary career. Fedor mismanaged his legacy and so have those around him.
I’ll respectfully disagree just a bit. Bellator was still a pretty respectable org when Fedor signed with them, although they’ve declined a ton since. Fedor entered a HW tournament to try and win the belt, and made it to the finals. Now he’s booked against the highest-ranked available HW. I don’t think Fedor’s Bellator fights have been against bad opponents, the Rampage fight being the exception.
I don’t disagree with that. High risk/low reward fight. As a fight fan and Fedor fan, I’m down for it though :)

This fight does nothing for Fedor. He shouldnt be fighting title contenders at this point of his career. Roy fucking Nelson would have been a better opponent, Matt Mitrione, Mark Hunt, virtually anyone else (except Kongo) would have been better opponents. Even if Fedor won by KO (he wont), this fight has zero appeal. First event in Russia and this is the main event they came up with...I dont understand why Bellator keep sabotaging themselves.
Just do Mark Hunt vs. Fedor. Both pretty washed HWs but at least it would have been nostalgic. BARNETT IS UNDER CONTRACT!!!!

Who's watching this complete bullshit?
I'll watch only since Minakov vs. Fortune and they are probably gonna put all the Russian guys who can't get US visas on it, like Tokov, etc. The card will be stacked, but the main event is a huge disappointment

Back