News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
is his retirement fight or he want another last later??
why coker lied when he said the rival was going to be barnett, jds or ao??? i was dreaming with that for some weeks:(:(:(:(:(

I'm just curious what was the thought process behind that. lets give Fedor retirement fight he can't win against a journeyman he has no history with and who can't really capitalize on that win infront of half-empty arena because it is not going to sell shit.

I don’t understand the hate in this thread. I’d prefer Fedor vs JDS or Werdum, but Timothy Johnson is one of the higher ranked HWs in Bellator. Johnson just fought for the interim HW title FFS. If Fedor prefers one of Bellator’s current HWs that’s highly ranked rather than a fellow 45 year old fighter whose best years were a decade ago, who gives a fuck? Not the fight I really want, but a fine fight to make.

I'm just curious what was the thought process behind that. lets give Fedor retirement fight he can't win against a journeyman he has no history with and who can't really capitalize on that win infront of half-empty arena because it is not going to sell shit.
I mean, probably Bellator couldn’t come to terms with guys like JDS or Werdum, so Fedor opted to fight the highest ranked HW they had available. Props to Fedor for taking the fight imo.

Fedor has been beating a lot of well-past-their-prime legends in recent years, but the last time he beat someone as good as Timothy Johnson was 2011 or maybe 2009.

This makes no sense. You have Josh Barnett sitting there on the roster and you don't put him against Fedor?

What an awful match up and does nothing good for Fedor. People in Russia, hell most of the world probably have zero idea who Johnson is. Win, Fedor gets zero out of it. Lose and it looks really bad in the eyes of the blow joe fan. Marketing standpoint, I don't even know what to say.

Seriously at this stage of Fedor's career the guy should be fighting other legends around his age that hold good name value. You know guys like, Josh, Overeem, Sergei. Hell, even a match against Wandy or Big Foot I won't be opposed to.

Amazes me Bellator/Coker could screw this up this bad.

Last edited:
WTF this match up sucks

Timothy Johnson is good fighter but this does not excite me really sounds like the Mitrione fight a OK fighter in their prime vs an aging legend riddled with injuries wtf at least put him against fighter more well known and in same era what if Johnson knocks out Fedor like fortune Jesus bellator match making is terrible

I don’t understand the hate in this thread. I’d prefer Fedor vs JDS or Werdum, but Timothy Johnson is one of the higher ranked HWs in Bellator. Johnson just fought for the interim HW title FFS. If Fedor prefers one of Bellator’s current HWs that’s highly ranked rather than a fellow 45 year old fighter whose best years were a decade ago, who gives a fuck? Not the fight I really want, but a fine fight to make.

To be honest with you I've never really heard of Timothy Johnson until now. I had to look up his stats, he's definitely someone you have take seriously for, he's no slouch. Problem with Timothy he's not a huge name, well not yet thus far. That's why I think people are reacting to this fight the way they are. Lack of knowledge of this fighter is the reason.

Fedor vs Hager Fedor v Lashley fuck even Fedor v Brock

someone with a fuckin name that’s beatable Brock is tougher then Johnson obviously but Brock v Fedor would bring in insane numbers this will bring in nothing I hope bellator scraps this I’d rather see Fedor just retire then fight random fights the fights have to have meaning

I been watching mma for years I guarantee just purely based as a fan I could turn Bellator around lmfaoooo it’s like the people calling the shots aren’t even fans of the sport or know nothing about it bellator is a dump I actually like Scott Coker with strike force but I don’t know how much control he really has smh

Is it too late to pull a Rizin Jaideep Singh scenario and say lol “just kidding” but then still do it anyway.

Been said before on here, dumb matchmaking. It’s like they went against their natural tendency for squash matches and went the polar extreme. Also Tim Johnson is not someone anyone knows outside of the hardcores

Is it too late to pull a Rizin Jaideep Singh scenario and say lol “just kidding” but then still do it anyway.

Been said before on here, dumb matchmaking. It’s like they went against their natural tendency for squash matches and went the polar extreme. Also Tim Johnson is not someone anyone knows outside of the hardcores
This is a borderline squash though, only Fedor is the one getting squashed. The most likely outcome of this fight by far is Fedor getting knocked out.

The Barnett fight couldn't have made any more sense in my opinion. He was begging for it on social media, he's under contract. How could they get this wrong? Boggles the mind.

I mean, probably Bellator couldn’t come to terms with guys like JDS or Werdum, so Fedor opted to fight the highest ranked HW they had available. Props to Fedor for taking the fight imo.
i don't think Fedor was that involved in the picking process. historically he worked like "here is how much money i want and a date i prefer to compete. you pick the opponent." and then promoter tries to sell the fight as good as he can.
Fedor will fight whoever you put in front of him. a bum, a world champion. whatever.

Disappointing matchup. Really expected a well known OG.

To be honest with you I've never really heard of Timothy Johnson until now. I had to look up his stats, he's definitely someone you have take seriously for, he's no slouch. Problem with Timothy he's not a huge name, well not yet thus far. That's why I think people are reacting to this fight the way they are. Lack of knowledge of this fighter is the reason.
Yeah, this is actually a very high risk/low reward fight for Fedor. Johnson just fought for the interim HW belt in Bellator, and has wins over Fortune, Mitrione, and Kongo recently. He was even competitive with Moldavsky recently, and Volkov awhile back. If a deal couldn’t be made with JDS or Reem or someone, Johnson is probably the best name on the Bellator roster that Fedor could fight.

Back