PBP Bellator 269: Fedor vs. Johnson, Sat. 10/23, 12:30 PM ET/9:30 AM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the Bellator 269 main event in Moscow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are honored and blessed to see Fedor fight, an absolute gentleman and classy guy with the best hand speed ever in HW MMA, I'll even include every LHW hand speed into that too.

4-1 in his last 5 fights against all UFC fighters and all 1st round finishes, at his age! just beautiful and epic.. what a GOAT. Can't wait to see which UFC fighters he gives a right good ass whooping too next! bring it on.
He should fight JDS and pick up another former UFC heavyweight champ scalp to add to his collection

Thanks for the great evidence, doc.

BTW, can you let me know who was responsible for testing his younger opponent? I’ll be waiting.

Old Schoolers like me understand why it used to be a banable offense to accuse someone of drug use with no evidence.

LMAO. I'm old school. I've been on sherdog since like 99.

I think it's important to differentiate between assuming and accusing. I'm just assuming. He looked leaner and more defined compared to when he fights in the states. I have no idea why that would be a bannable offense. Clearly he passed whatever drug test they gave him in Russia. So it's not like I'm saying he cheated.

But why would assuming TRT is involved be a bannable offense? I'm not fighter bashing. I hope he keeps fighting in Russia and keeps winning.

Exactly. Hes still very fast and powerful. But his chin sucks now. He ate a few shots that hurt him. Hes older now. Hes chinny. But offense hes still good.

His defense isnt close to his prime where he barely got touched and had some of the best striking defense in MMA history

giphy.gif

but shit like this only a few of the heavier weight guys in their prime today can even do, avoiding shots with great footwork, head movement and cracked him with a great counter hook

seeing how fluid, fast, explosive and powerful he can still be as a 45yo shell of himself with shot knees and broken hands really puts into perspective what a physical marvel he was in his prime. He was such an athletic specimen in his prime

Ah and now nit pickers strike - took longer than I figured.

the commentator said team couture helped fedor or did I miss something?

We are honored and blessed to see Fedor fight, an absolute gentleman and classy guy with the best hand speed ever in HW MMA, I'll even include every LHW hand speed into that too.

4-1 in his last 5 fights against all UFC fighters and all 1st round finishes, at his age! just beautiful and epic.. what a GOAT. Can't wait to see which UFC fighters he gives a right good ass whooping too next! bring it on.
Amazing. I'm so happy. Forgot to watch when the fight was occurring. Will most definitely watch it asap. Glad you enjoyed it!

Anyone got the new theme Fedor walked out to tonight. Id like to hear it without some idiot spending 5 minutes talking about unrelated sports.
Wasn’t new brother, he’s been using that since the Jaideep fight, and all through his Bellator run (not the Rampage fight though). Here you go:

Reactions: HHJ
His defense isnt close to his prime where he barely got touched and had some of the best striking defense in MMA history

giphy.gif

but shit like this only a few of the heavier weight guys in their prime today can even do, avoiding shots with great footwork, head movement and cracked him with a great counter hook

seeing how fluid, fast, explosive and powerful he can still be as a 45yo shell of himself with shot knees and broken hands really puts into perspective what a physical marvel he was in his prime. He was such an athletic specimen in his prime
Yep, even Michael Jordan playing for the wizards still showed glimmers of his former greatness. Even past their respective primes are still impressive.

Amazing. I'm so happy. Forgot to watch when the fight was occurring. Will most definitely watch it asap. Glad you enjoyed it!
It was great, in my opinion Fedor's hand speed is the same as top level UFC LW and WW fighters. The HW's and even LHW's look in super slow motion compared. Fedors hand speed is amazing at 45

BTW @PurpleStorm congrats on becoming mod, you deserve it, I know for a fact you will be a awesome mod, thats why I always told the others to make you mod :D :D they do listen to me sometimes haha

Somehow very satisfying to see Fedor with that knockout. Johnson seems like a great guy, but even Fedor was smiling after that.

Back