PBP Bellator 268: Nemkov vs. Anglickas, Sat. 10/16, 7 PM ET/4 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who moves on in the Bellator LHW Tourney? (Two votes)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sherfam we had some fights today, hope all for the best for you
<GrassoBless><GrassoBless><GrassoBless><GrassoBless><GrassoBless>

Enjoy your Sunday! Its been a pleasure... as always. Sherdog PBP Crew :cool:

kenny-omega-goodbye.gif

I'm glad Anderson beat Bader, I didn't want to see Nemkov vs Bader 2 right now. Tired of rematches.

They should try to do Romero vs Rumble for a title shot against whoever wins this tourament. Or throw both of them at the champ so he can fight 2 big names.

Would do much more for Vadims resume and case for #1 LHW if he beat Corey.

Corey is 7-1 since 2018 and only lost to Jan who hes 1-1 with. Beaten Glover, Johny, Yagshi and Bader.

Glover getting top position on basically any LHW in LHW history = the fight over

Do people not realize that Glover's ground game has been ELITE for the past 10+ years? It's literally ALWAYS been his best weapon.

He's had top position and not finished loads of times, he's good but Santos is BAD defencively on his back.

The truith is IMHO the UFC have consistantly dumped quality grapplers like Bader, Davis and Anderson in recent years and I think thats allowed fighters with questable grappling defence to do a lot better. Glover has been one of the few good offencive grapplers remaining at LHW and I think is benefiting from that.

Really in this fight I think you saw a combination of Nemkov being cagey and an opponent being very defencive on his back. Nemkov basically was happy to stay in guard or half guard to make an escape less likely and just beat the fight out of him before then looking to dominate position against an opponent focused on not giving a sub away.

I'm glad Anderson beat Bader, I didn't want to see Nemkov vs Bader 2 right now. Tired of rematches.

They should try to do Romero vs Rumble for a title shot against whoever wins this tourament. Or throw both of them at the champ so he can fight 2 big names.
They should just do Nemkov vs Albrektsson 2 he showed he better then those two shot guys tonight and has a win over Nemkov.

Thats cool .. amazing the level of tube amp quality to be had these days for such little coin.
Your speakers are 8 ohm? 35 watts class A goes a long way though... They actually offer a version of your amp with subwoofer out and optical input (streamer).. not available though at this time...

Crazy that you can spend under $500 for a Chinese 35W per channel tube amp. what's the OEM tube? EL34 ..6v6, 6L6?

What speakers are you running?

Pair of Klipsch R-41M's with a 10" Yamaha sub... They sound great I got the sub which is like 250-300 from a friend and lucked out there. So for about 400 buck I got some outstanding sound for games movies and music. The sub can really boom too.

Those Kilpsch's are on sale for a great price https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-41...ers&qid=1634442182&s=electronics&sr=1-29&th=1

Sry for the late reply, I have a bad habit of writing out a reply and forgetting to send it. :)

True but he got finished his last fight against Jan and I wouldn't have him as favourite over him if they fought today.
I probably wouldn’t favor him either but I’d expect a competitive fight if it happened again.I think I would favor him over Glover if they ran it back

Agreed, I prefer Nemkov-Anderson.

Yeah I wouldn't mind still seeing AJ-Yoel. Curious to see what direction they take.

He's still improving, look for him to work on that over the next year-2. By the time he's 31-32, he's going to be extremely hard to beat imo.

Yeah true. I don't know if Nemkov's camp has an actual BJJ coach but it looks like he would benefit from one. Monson lives in Russia, get him in there for his next camp and you'll see his ground game really take off.

Corey and Nemkov both have a very good chance of winning this whole thing.

War Corey! Would be great to see him be champion of a major promotion one day!

He's had top position and not finished loads of times, he's good but Santos is BAD defencively on his back.

The truith is IMHO the UFC have consistantly dumped quality grapplers like Bader, Davis and Anderson in recent years and I think thats allowed fighters with questable grappling defence to do a lot better. Glover has been one of the few good offencive grapplers remaining at LHW and I think is benefiting from that.

Really in this fight I think you saw a combination of Nemkov being caging and an opponent being very defencive. Nemkov basically was happy to stay in guard or half guard to make an escape less likely and just beat the fight out of him before then looking to dominate position against an opponent focused on not giving a sub away.

41yo Glover being the #2 UFC LHW and #1 contender really exposes the lack of grappling in the division.

Even Jan went to a SD with a shot Jacare and theres nothing to suggest hes improved his game off his back from when Gus topfucked him or Corey 30-25d him

Krylov, Craig, Glover and now Jailton who just got signed are the only good grapplers in the UFCs LHW division. Ironically Krylov did much better against Glover than Smith or Santos did since he can actually grapple and he almost beat Glover.

Jiri got outgrappled and mounted by Karl Albrektson and was losing most the fight until Karl gassed at the end too and Karl isnt even a top 5 grappler in Bellators LHW division.

Really I think Nemkov's main potential weakness is still getting too wild, the combo he got hurt on after the eye poke was getting back to the kind of stuff we saw him throwing years and years ago.

Striking wise he's definately best keeping it tight and mixing in his grappling, fighting Davis and Bader I think people underestimated the latter aspect but really you could argue thats a greater sternght for him.

I don't think Nemkov will ever be as fluid a boxer as Fedor was at his peak, honestly if I was comparing him to a GOAT level fighter in style it would be more GSP picking away effectively from range, timing takedowns and then beating people down.

Last edited:
Really I think Nemkov's main potential weakness is still getting too wild, the combo he got hurt on after the eye poke was getting back to the kind of stuff we saw him throwing years and years ago.

Striking wise he's definately best keeping it tight and mixing in his grappling, fighting Davis and Bader I think people underestimated the latter aspect but really you could argue thats a greater sternght for him.

I don't think Nemkow will ever be as fluid a boxer as Fedor was at his peak, honestly if I was comparing him to a GOAT level fighter in style it would be more GSP picking away effectively from range, timing takedowns and then beating people down.
Good ass shit bro

Back