Media Bellator 268 Countdown: Nemkov vs Anglickas / Bader vs Anderson

No rumble fight is a major hit. Card is still a great card for Bellator standards but Rumble/Nemkov was a major fight. Anglickas/Nemkov is a bang but Anglickas is unknown. Still looking forward to it but yeah the casuals will prob miss this one.
We all fantasized about Rumble vs Yoel and Rumble vs Nemkov, instead we got Rumble vs Gugu and Nemkov vs Anglickass. Dont get me wrong, Rumble vs Gugu was great and Nemkov vs Anglickass is interesting, but they dont have the same appeal. Props to Bellator for trying to make them happen, but I cant believe the MMA Gods refused to give us those fights.

We all fantasized about Rumble vs Yoel and Rumble vs Nemkov, instead we got Rumble vs Gugu and Nemkov vs Anglickass. Dont get me wrong, Rumble vs Gugu was great and Nemkov vs Anglickass is interesting, but they dont have the same appeal. Props to Bellator for trying to make them happen, but I cant believe the MMA Gods refused to give us those fights.
Yeah it's unfortunate things didn't pan out. This should still be a great fight on Saturday though. Anglickas is huge and durable but Nemkov is a bad dude. He will try inflict damage. I can see Anglickas maybe trying to wrestle.

Yeah it's unfortunate things didn't pan out. This should still be a great fight on Saturday though. Anglickas is huge and durable but Nemkov is a bad dude. He will try inflict damage. I can see Anglickas maybe trying to wrestle.
It will make for a fun fight for sure, Anglickas showed good wrestling against Milliard but Nemkov has a solid tdd and even better take downs of his own. It will be a good fight.

It will make for a fun fight for sure, Anglickas showed good wrestling against Milliard but Nemkov has a solid tdd and even better take downs of his own. It will be a good fight.
Yeah to me that's what makes an intriguing fight is when you have 2 guys who haven't really shown any weakness facing off. Anglickas is pretty unproven but he has yet to show any weakness whatsoever. What if he just went beast mode shocked the world and KO'd Nemkov? Would be insane.

Yeah to me that's what makes an intriguing fight is when you have 2 guys who haven't really shown any weakness facing off. Anglickas is pretty unproven but he has yet to show any weakness whatsoever. What if he just went beast mode shocked the world and KO'd Nemkov? Would be insane.

He only has three KO's against absolute cans, I think Anglickas by KO is the least likely outcome.

He only has three KO's against absolute cans, I think Anglickas by KO is the least likely outcome.
I agree I don't expect it to happen considering Anglickas is gun shy and Nemkov is a buzzsaw in his 20's with an iron chin but how crazy would that be? What if Nemkov overlooks him cause he hasn't shown that ability yet? That's what intrigues me about the matchup. Anglickas I don't think has shown his full capabilities yet.

I agree I don't expect it to happen considering Anglickas is gun shy and Nemkov is a buzzsaw in his 20's with an iron chin but how crazy would that be? What if Nemkov overlooks him cause he hasn't shown that ability yet? That's what intrigues me about the matchup. Anglickas I don't think has shown his full capabilities yet.

I don't think he's a KO artist. He has nice boxing which I think he'll try and use by keeping the range and staying out of trouble and then try and use the wrestling if that isn't working.

I don't think he's a KO artist. He has nice boxing which I think he'll try and use by keeping the range and staying out of trouble and then try and use the wrestling if that isn't working.
Yeah I agree he is very robotic and stiff yet technical in his boxing. Maybe he might be a bit too muscular but it seems he has trouble with faster hands. Millard was throwing bombs and Anglickas looked very uncomfortable and took it to the ground. Nemkov could pose similar problems but if Phil Davis couldn't get him down Anglickas has no shot.

Don’t you put that evil on us ;)

Don’t you put that evil on us ;)
Lol don't worry brother Vadim has to lose this fight if Anglickas has any shot. Unless Vadim lets him, I don't see Julius being able to beat him.

Lol don't worry brother Vadim has to lose this fight if Anglickas has any shot. Unless Vadim lets him, I don't see Julius being able to beat him.
Yeah I agree. It’s an intriguing fight, but Nemkov is a big step up for Anglickas. I’m excited to see it though, even though it’s not Rumble. But yeah, I think Nemkov will handle him.

Yeah I agree he is very robotic and stiff yet technical in his boxing. Maybe he might be a bit too muscular but it seems he has trouble with faster hands. Millard was throwing bombs and Anglickas looked very uncomfortable and took it to the ground. Nemkov could pose similar problems but if Phil Davis couldn't get him down Anglickas has no shot.

Yeah, he's taller and has a slight advantage in the reach. I think he's going to try and jab him to death. I wish Julius well in making it close but his biggest win so far is Polizzi and this is a completely different level of competition.

I actually think Corey Vs Vadim would be interesting (I still favour Vadim), but I don't think we're going to get to see that because I think Bader is a horrible matchup for Corey.

Yeah I agree. It’s an intriguing fight, but Nemkov is a big step up for Anglickas. I’m excited to see it though, even though it’s not Rumble. But yeah, I think Nemkov will handle him.
It's almost comical how big a step it is compared to Gregory Milliard. Dude's competent if his opponent keeps the fight standing but has zero semblance of takedown defense. You can even see in his stance he's going to be easy to takedown. Anyway like I said in a different thread a few days ago: Most of what worked beautifully against Milliard won't be working against Nemkov.

Now to be fair Anglickas has fought tougher guys then Milliard, but it's still quite a contrast in skill set from one opinion to the next.

I actually think Corey Vs Vadim would be interesting (I still favour Vadim), but I don't think we're going to get to see that because I think Bader is a horrible matchup for Corey.
Totally agree. It’s Bader’s performances against Nemkov and Machida that have me wondering where he is at in his career. He’s 38 after all. That’s what makes this a hard fight to pick for me, but I’m leaning Bader.

Totally agree. It’s Bader’s performances against Nemkov and Machida that have me wondering where he is at in his career. He’s 38 after all. That’s what makes this a hard fight to pick for me, but I’m leaning Bader.

I think he looked okay against Machida personally. I think Corey is going to struggle to impose his wrestling against him and at some point Bader is going to catch that chin.

I think he looked okay against Machida personally. I think Corey is going to struggle to impose his wrestling against him and at some point Bader is going to catch that chin.
I remember thinking that Bader didn’t quite look like himself to me, but it’s not he type of fight I want to go back and rewatch to see if maybe that was just the edibles kicking in lol. Seeing who can implement the wrestling should be interesting, and I agree that Bader is the better and sneakier striker.

Berkhamov -180 and Corrales -110 caught my eye. Yags at +155 is worth a stab, too.
Screenshot_20211013-174450_Chrome.jpg

Shogun vs Wand, Shogun vs Rashad, and Khabib vs Tony never happened either, as much as people think that "the best fight the best" in mma a lot of the biggest fights of every generation don't materialize unfortunately.

I was just thinking of how interesting WW was when GSP left; Rory, Lawler, Hendricks, Gastelum, Lombard, Woodley, Maia, Condit, Shields, etc but most of these guys never fought each other. I was certain Rory would eventually rematch Condit and get matched up with Hendricks, but it wasn't meant to be.

Back