PBP Bellator 255: Pitbull vs. Sanchez 2, Fri. 4/2, 6 PM ET/3 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins the featherweight title atop Bellator 255?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thoughts on the main card.

- Solid performance by Watanabe but I felt Lara gave that away by being too loose with her striking, if she'd been more sensible and fallen over her shots less she could have won that.

- Usman a little bit worse than I'd hoped he'd be, but Hamel is tough and came to fight, would like to see Usman getting someone of that level out of there though.

- Fortune looked good, going back to relying on his wrestling is sensible. May was utterly terrible and looked like he didn't even want to be there though.

- Jackson I thought looked good and had he not had the eye injury would have won comfortably. Gracie seemed to lack a plan B when he couldn't get his grappling to work. I'm not sure I'd favour him against any good strikers with decent TDD going forward.

- Patricio was great, not much you can say about a performance like that. Just excellent. Hopefully given that he took no damage we can get the AJ fight quicky.

77109-2237058.png

might watch this or CFFC 95:)

Holy shit, my casual ass picked all the winners. LOL

main card was trash

interesting to see how Usman looked, not overwhelmed really.. but huge potential obviously

Tyrell.. already know his ceiling and Jack May... complete can

Pitbull was a bright and shining star though

oh and the gracie/jackson fight just left a bad taste in my mouth with the debacle early on

Gracie seemed to lack a plan B when he couldn't get his grappling to work. I'm not sure I'd favour him against any good strikers with decent TDD going forward.
Lacking a plan B once his grappling doesn't work lol. As is the true Gracie way. Harder to pull off your gameplan when the whole world expects it. That and they don't have the monopoly on technical bjj knowledge that the family did in the past.

Lacking a plan B once his grappling doesn't work lol. As is the true Gracie way. Harder to pull off your gameplan when the whole world expects it. That and they don't have the monopoly on technical bjj knowledge that the family did in the past.

Yeah I thought he'd have more on his feet as he's been training with Cordeiro, but not yet at least.

- Solid performance by Watanabe but I felt Lara gave that away by being too loose with her striking, if she'd been more sensible and fallen over her shots less she could have won that.

- Usman a little bit worse than I'd hoped he'd be, but Hamel is tough and came to fight, would like to see Usman getting someone of that level out of there though.

- Fortune looked good, going back to relying on his wrestling is sensible. May was utterly terrible and looked like he didn't even want to be there though.

- Jackson I thought looked good and had he not had the eye injury would have won comfortably. Gracie seemed to lack a plan B when he couldn't get his grappling to work. I'm not sure I'd favour him against any good strikers with decent TDD going forward.

- Patricio was great, not much you can say about a performance like that. Just excellent. Hopefully given that he took no damage we can get the AJ fight quicky.

Solid wrap up.

I'd also add that the production overall was good.

Enjoyable card. Especially when viewed with others here!

Pitbull probably would wreck Volk for good
Very doubtful. Pitbull sure as hell is not getting Volk's neck (considering he barely has one) and I think Volk wins a pretty comfortable decision. Pitbull vs Holloway would be fun, but I don't see Max losing that either. I think both pick apart Pitbull from the outside, but Calvin Kattar Max would make it look easy.

Very doubtful. Pitbull sure as hell is not getting Volk's neck (considering he barely has one) and I think Volk wins a pretty comfortable decision. Pitbull vs Holloway would be fun, but I don't see Max losing that either. I think both pick apart Pitbull from the outside, but Calvin Kattar Max would make it look easy.
Sanchez is only vulnerable to the choke due to Pitbull's heavy hand, we had seen Volk almost got dropped so many times by Holloway

Sanchez is only vulnerable to the choke due to Pitbull's heavy hand, we had seen Volk almost got dropped so many times by Holloway
So many times, meaning twice?
And neither one was actually a knockdown. That is revisionist history, Sherbro.

Just rewatched it all as I was busy last night..
First time I can find it on the BBC! Which is great, but the quality kept going to shit and it kept muting itself... Expect better !

I thought Neiman looked really bad, Jackson was better everywhere.

Pitbull amazing, flawless, AJ fight is maybe the most excited i've ever been for a Bellator scrap.

Usman was slightly underwhelming, I know he loves striking but mixing up the wrestling would have benefited his striking... Fuck off to Kickboxing if you'd rather not.

Dont forget the ref almost gave Sanchez brain damage. I was afraid when I saw Pitbull being legitimately concerned about Sanchez. I thought with Bellator's luck they will have a serious injury in live television.

Dont forget the ref almost gave Sanchez brain damage. I was afraid when I saw Pitbull being legitimately concerned about Sanchez. I thought with Bellator's luck they will have a serious injury in live television.

I do think if you're that sure someone is out you could just let go though.

Josh Thompson said Mousasi vs Tokov and Lima vs Amosov are next...he then back tracked and said thata what makes sense but it kind of sounded like he didnt know they havent been announced and he spilled the beans by accident.
Mousasi vs Tokov and Lima vs Amosov are legit as fuck

Best fights they can make right now for both

I do think if you're that sure someone is out you could just let go though.
Yes, at the same time you could end up with an Askren/Lawler type of situation so I think it is the ref's responsibility to guarantee the safety of the fighters.

To add to it, Murtazaliev vs Aguiar and Jackson vs Gracie were very underwhelming. J. Jackson cant expect a title shot coming off a meh split decision victory. Have him fight Larkin next. Gracie needs to improve his take downs and add some more striking to his arsenal. He'll do great against wrestlers but struggle against anyone who can stuff his midlevel take downs. Lima would have a field day with him. Next fight should be against Daley/Homasi winner.

l@nd0

Solid take and basically how I looked at those matches.

I am kinda up on Watanabe and very happy she won but saw lots a holes. Still will be fun to watch their runs.

Usman and Fortune are about what i expected... maybe a bit more from Usman.

Gracie - what can I say - they continue to disappoint me whenever I pick them. Jackson made him look really bad and sans the fence injury would have prolly finished him.

Pitbull - well I expected it to be a bit more of a grinder but Patricio said he wanted it over early this time and fekk if he didn't deliver like a madman. That was hot. The ref tho....
<6>

Back