Bellator 239 Feb.21 Ed Ruth vs. Yaroslav Amosov Thackerville

the intention of booking ruth vs amosov is not to clear the path for mvp, its just a fight that makes sense in the title picture. mvp is not in the title picture right now, he'll have to wait for his opportunity, perhaps mvp vs koreshkov would be the fight to make (hopefully).

MVP is absolutely in the title picture, with Rory gone and no 3rd fight (not that it was gonna be booked immediately anyway) who is next then?

I absolutely think MVP needs to fight a real WW and win like Koreskhov next but I could def see Bellator doing Lima/MVP 2 for the title. WHat other WW fight is gonna have the same interest right now? He should have to earn it but he just might slide in there. Even if he doesnt get next he's 1 more fight away then so he's def in the title picture right now, he's up there.

After watching Amasov Figthts...ED Ruth runs over him!

I’m taking Amasov via 2nd round TKO or submission, he’s more experienced and has faced better competition.

Not going to happen! Ruth is the real deal and will be to much for him!

But, you are a cluless Sherdoger so these that comrade Zach....lol

Listen, if Ruth wins, you have to come on here every day and post a Tyrell Fortune Hype post for the whole week!

If Ed losses, i will not post anything on here for a whole month! Deal snow flake?

MVP is absolutely in the title picture, with Rory gone and no 3rd fight (not that it was gonna be booked immediately anyway) who is next then?

I absolutely think MVP needs to fight a real WW and win like Koreskhov next but I could def see Bellator doing Lima/MVP 2 for the title. WHat other WW fight is gonna have the same interest right now? He should have to earn it but he just might slide in there. Even if he doesnt get next he's 1 more fight away then so he's def in the title picture right now, he's up there.
MVP vs Lorenz Larkin, MVP vs Paul Daley 2 in England would be of great interest and would definitely get a real buzz, MVP vs Jon Fitch because Fitch is definitely a Bellator Welterweight title contenders now. MVP vs Neiman Gracie would be very intriguing. And you already mentioned MVP vs Andrey Koreshkov. I hope I am not hurting Sherdog's group administrators with my "flaming reply" because it's not laced with profanity and insults like they seem to let pass without batting an eye. Freaking laughable.

I just can’t get excited for Ruth anymore. Biggest waste of talent. The best college wrestler to ever come to mma and all he does is stand and bang. He’s obsessed with standup; anyone that follows his social media/listens to his interviews knows that’s pretty much all he trains. Looking forward to Nickal coming over. He’s already said his wrestling is what will win him championships.

I got Amosov

Ruth isn’t progressing like I thought he would/should. He really got his ass kicked by Jackson. That was a terrible decision. He’s going to have to show he’s leveled up to beat Amosov IMO though it’s still an interesting style test for both fighters but Amosov is the more polished fighter and has beat better competition. Ruth has questionable cardio and displays a lack of urgency

I've got Amosov. The guy is skilled, well-rounded and seasoned. Ruth has been pretty unimpressive in his last two fights, and really isn't turning out to be what I thought he was. Amosov's primary weakness seems to be that he gets a bit tired in there, but Ruth gassed all the way out vs Gracie and was exhausted in his last fight.

MyMMANews has confirmed with sources that a featherweight matchup between Cris “Sunshine” Lencioni (5-2) and Salim Mukhidinov (7-3) has been added to the Feb. 21 event.

I got Amosov

Ruth isn’t progressing like I thought he would/should. He really got his ass kicked by Jackson. That was a terrible decision. He’s going to have to show he’s leveled up to beat Amosov IMO though it’s still an interesting style test for both fighters but Amosov is the more polished fighter and has beat better competition. Ruth has questionable cardio and displays a lack of urgency

Ruth seems like Pico, they don't seem to want to use their wrestling and get better at BJJ which makes their wrestling really lack luster so far in MMA cause they can't do much when they take people down.

Larkin, Fitch, Koreshlov and the winner of Ruth vs Amosov are ahead of MVP in the tittle picture

Larkin, Fitch, Koreshlov and the winner of Ruth vs Amosov are ahead of MVP in the tittle picture

Larkin yes but MVP probably gets a title shot over all the rest of the guys. He's not worthy of it but he'd get it.

If someone happened to Larkin MVP would be the guy they call 100%. Assuming Larkin/Lima gets made then MVP would be next up, he should have to fight Koreshkov first.

Tyrell Fortune 8-0 vs Timothy Johnson 12-6 added to the main card.

Denise Kielholtz 4-2 vs Kristina Williams 3-2

Added to the prelims

Larkin yes but MVP probably gets a title shot over all the rest of the guys. He's not worthy of it but he'd get it.

If someone happened to Larkin MVP would be the guy they call 100%. Assuming Larkin/Lima gets made then MVP would be next up, he should have to fight Koreshkov first.

MVP has already lost to the champ, badly.
Also he would need to beat some of the top contenders and given how weak os his grappling I highly doubt it

Back