Bellator 239 Feb.21 = BEST BELLATOR CARD TO DATE!

trentkelp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
THIS IS HOW BELLATOR NEEDS STACK CARDS! F THE OLD UFCERS! THEY SUCK TO WATCH, JUST GO REWATCH FATPAIGE LAST FIGHT!

THE VERY EXPENSIVE OLD UFCers collect huge paychecks and fans get an unwatchable fight card due to the paycheck collection Dad Bods who Coker pays over 1 mill per fight!

Now the guys don't make a 10th of that on the 239 card BUT, they will fight and perform at a way higher level and entertainment value!

I hope guys like Ed, Fortune, and the others on the card all make Coker pay them for saving Bellator, but knowing Coker, he will spend the money on Dan Severen and Jay Glazer! LOL

So they are feeding Frotune a guy from 2 KO losses in less than 3 minutes combined. LMAO.

Ruth vs Amasov is a solid headliner. Moldavski could probably make 205 without much problems but I like his fight against Ayala.

So they are feeding Frotune a guy from 2 KO losses in less than 3 minutes combined. LMAO.

Ruth vs Amasov is a solid headliner. Moldavski could probably make 205 without much problems but I like his fight against Ayala.

Johnson is a slight step up in competition, he's a big guy with wrestling so it's a decent test for him.

In whose mind at Bellator viewed Timothy Johnson vs Tyrell Fortune as a good matchup? Yes, we all know a knockout can happen at any moment with heavyweights, but Timothy Johnson is coming off of two brutal, brain turned off knockouts. Johnson needs to be fighting a fighter coming off of a loss or some regional level guy Bellator brings in on a one fight deal. Tyrell Fortune vs Tim Johnson makes no sense whatsoever. Freaking Bellator, always with the steps backwards crap. I really don't want Johnson to be laying on the mat motionless from yet another knockout loss.

Sherdogers, remember.....Tyrell is still on a shitty undercard contract! He has to get PAID to fight better competition! I would say his last 2 fights were really tough competition for Bellator HW roster. He said he would fight anyone, but he has to be compensated! Look what happen to Jiri, he would have been a great pickup for Bellator and there was a story there to fight Bader! He KO'd long time friend and training partner CB Dollaway on a fight meant for Bader. Bader wanted this fight and wanted another title under his trophy case! BUT,, Coker wanted to pay him shit money, and wanted to save the money for his CLown show and broken old Dad bod shit show fighters known as the EX UFCers!

Huge mistake made by Coker and team! Another mistake will be if they don't pay to Keep Fortune in Bellator! That will be the end of any relevance of a good HW division in Bellator!

Ex UFCers who don't train or perform get about a million PER fight! Fortune does not even receive 10% of that...Pay him to fight "the Tough guys" And in INMHO Rudy, ZU, and even Tim are tough competition per the roster in the HW division and for the Shit pay he receives.

This is a business and in Business you have to pay people to take risks...the ones getting paid in bellator are the ones who don't risk anything (watch Rampage last fight for example)

Pico = They moved him too fast!
Fortune = They moved him too slow!

In whose mind at Bellator viewed Timothy Johnson vs Tyrell Fortune as a good matchup? Yes, we all know a knockout can happen at any moment with heavyweights, but Timothy Johnson is coming off of two brutal, brain turned off knockouts. Johnson needs to be fighting a fighter coming off of a loss or some regional level guy Bellator brings in on a one fight deal. Tyrell Fortune vs Tim Johnson makes no sense whatsoever. Freaking Bellator, always with the steps backwards crap. I really don't want Johnson to be laying on the mat motionless from yet another knockout loss.

I don't know for sure but I think this might be the last fight on Tyrell's contract, if talks for a new one aren't going well then they don't want him potentially beating someone like Minakov then going elsewhere.

I don't know for sure but I think this might be the last fight on Tyrell's contract, if talks for a new one aren't going well then they don't want him potentially beating someone like Minakov then going elsewhere.

Thats a good point if its true he's on last fight of his deal and could leave. I expect him to stay but yeah you give him a guy who is step up but not a great fight so if he wins and leaves its not a big deal and if he stays then you start to give him the top guys in div.

More so feeling bad for Timothy Johnson. His two Bellator fights he has been turned off, like motionless, brain turned off type of knockouts and he has fought two of the higher caliber Bellator Heavyweights. Now some idiot at Bellator hands him a undefeated heavyweight. WTH Bellator decision makers? Give Timothy Johnson a break already. He should be fighting the guy Tyrell Fortune beat, not Tyrell Fortune.

The Fortune situation is bitter sweet to me. He is clearly one of the more talented fighters on Bellator’s roster, yet they have mishandled him greatly. It’s been downright disrespectful seeing him literally beg for better opposition in interviews yet be offered bums consistently. He’s a blue chip prospect and should’ve been treated as such. However, the sweet part is that he has options. Virtually any promoter and matchmaker that isn’t Bellator will be able to realize what a catch he is. There are plenty of better HW fighters out there for him to test himself against and better promotions to house them.

Bellator is playing Fortune's situation slow and wrong. They have continued to step brother him and keep him out of the spot light to decrease is earning potential! For F Sake Coker just recently said Fortune has 5-6 wins during an interview when he was already 7 -0! They have kept him on the undercards when less talent have been on the main cards. They overlook him and give less talent the spotlight. Fortune and his team see this, talk about this, and are not happy! He trains weekly with The Bellator Champ, Champ....He knows what he can do when it comes to the top talent. He has Already been contacted by One FC and PFL.....Dana is also interested personally in Fortune, (Dana is the guy who deals with the HW DIv and top prospects when it comes to the UFC)

Bellator HW Division is absolute garbage! They need Fortune, Fortune does NOT need Bellator! Coker and team better understand that! Fortune will bring attention to his FREE Agency this coming fight, why? He is NOT Happy!

Bellator is playing Fortune's situation slow and wrong. They have continued to step brother him and keep him out of the spot light to decrease is earning potential! For F Sake Coker just recently said Fortune has 5-6 wins during an interview when he was already 7 -0! They have kept him on the undercards when less talent have been on the main cards. They overlook him and give less talent the spotlight. Fortune and his team see this, talk about this, and are not happy! He trains weekly with The Bellator Champ, Champ....He knows what he can do when it comes to the top talent. He has Already been contacted by One FC and PFL.....Dana is also interested personally in Fortune, (Dana is the guy who deals with the HW DIv and top prospects when it comes to the UFC)

Bellator HW Division is absolute garbage! They need Fortune, Fortune does NOT need Bellator! Coker and team better understand that! Fortune will bring attention to his FREE Agency this coming fight, why? He is NOT Happy!

Yes, Bellator's HW division is sorely lacking, which is unacceptable given that there are quite a few juicy HWs to be had who would love a shot at a promotion with Bellator's stature. However, this Fortune situation isn't a good look for them and he isn't the only one who is upset about his treatment. On a recent interview Juan Archuleta mentioned that the promotion was slow going when it came to giving him fights. When you have prospects that are literally begging you for fights and you don't make the fights happen they're going to look elsewhere.

Also, you have guys like that Irish guy who pals around with Connor (Sorry the name escapes me at the moment) getting the royal treatment. People were upset when the UFC did this with Connor, but atleast he had the talent to back it up. This other guy? Not so much. I can still be at least sympathetic to what they're doing with him because he is a low hanging fruit for them when it comes to gaining viewership in Ireland, but they should also be giving the shine to other fighters-especially those who are actually talented!

At one point I was thinking, "Well maybe Coker has something up his sleeve, like a HW tournament" but I doubt they're headed in that direction. As I stated before, Fortune along with some prospects brought in from elswhere would be a good mix with the faded but name stars they currently have. It would be a great way to push Fortune and others to the forefront of people's attention similar to the way the StrikeForce HW GP did for Cormier. But hoping Coker will ever do something sensible is asking too much.

Damn Bellator just keeps adding fights

A former WSOF title challenger, Hill (18-3 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) will take on former LFA title challenger Vinicius Zani (11-5 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) on the Bellator 239 prelims.

A promotion official informed MMA Junkie of booking and confirmed an additional preliminary card booking between Bobby Lee (11-4 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and Shamil Nikaev (9-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), as well.

Lol i saw that! Ticket sellers.....lots and lots of ticket seller fights

Back