Bellator 237 'Fedor vs. Rampage,' Sat. Dec 28, 10 PM ET/7 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fat Rampage is depressing. He looked tired trying to hold his hands up before the fight started.

giphy.gif

Even when Rampage was at his fighting prime he was a lazy fighter who I thought never really lived up to his fighting potential. Never learned to develop a simple low kick, could never fight off his back, never really developed beyond basic mma,he became a HW simply because he wanted to eat and not diet and hope his punching prowess & power would just end fights.
I was a real fan of the man and personality despite his limited skill but watching him last night just fold before he even hit the canvas was a little hard to watch for me...

It's funny. Before fights like Fedor vs Rampage people act like the fight has no importance at all.
"Their primes were so long ago, now it doesn't matter who wins or loses - this is just a novelty act, will not affect their legacies"

Yet after the event you see threads like this all over the front page:
* Fedor has 27 rnd 1 finishes
* Fedor is 8-2 in his last 10
* Rampage just took a dump on his entire career

So obviously fights like these influence lots of fans more than we'd like to think.
If nothing else - they seemingly re-invogorate debates about how good they once were.

It's funny. Before fights like Fedor vs Rampage people act like the fight has no importance at all.
"Their primes were so long ago, now it doesn't matter who wins or loses - this is just a novelty act, will not affect their legacies"

Yet after the event you see threads like this all over the front page:
* Fedor has 27 rnd 1 finishes
* Fedor is 8-2 in his last 10
* Rampage just took a dump on his entire career

So obviously fights like these influence lots of fans more than we'd like to think.
If nothing else - they seemingly re-invogorate debates about how good they once were.
I was thinking this earlier. I honestly think it's just the old fanboy in people stirring the shit. It's fun to have a nostalgic debate but deep down we all know it doesn't mean anything. It's like when an athlete is on the decline and has a rough last year and all the haters say stupid shit like " he's ruined his legacy" when in reality no one cares and we just remember the primes.

Rampage is clearly just fighting for money which is fine. However coming in that crappy of shape is just sad. At least Chuck tried to look good.

As for whose next for both? Rampage vs Mir or Nelson would work if he wants to fight again.

Fedor has two fights left on his deal. I think one more win gets him a retirement title shot vs Bader one would think. Maybe a rematch vs Matt? Or maybe a Mir rematch? Just someone he has a shot at beating to s t up that title shot.

god damnit

just watched fedor post fight interview

he hasn't retired at all
what he meant in the cage is that that was his last fight in Japan

jesus, that was such a fucking perfect moment to get out on

Even when Rampage was at his fighting prime he was a lazy fighter who I thought never really lived up to his fighting potential. Never learned to develop a simple low kick, could never fight off his back, never really developed beyond basic mma,he became a HW simply because he wanted to eat and not diet and hope his punching prowess & power would just end fights.
I was a real fan of the man and personality despite his limited skill but watching him last night just fold before he even hit the canvas was a little hard to watch for me...

He did not fold, he was getting hit hard the whole round. But he was so out of shape, the older you get the harder it is to stay in shape and Rampage was never professional like you pointed

Great fighter

As bad as the fight was, I thought Zuluzinho looked great physically. Best shape I've ever seen him in. Massive props to him for losing that amount of weight.

As bad as the fight was, I thought Zuluzinho looked great physically. Best shape I've ever seen him in. Massive props to him for losing that amount of weight.

Zuluzinho won more fights in the last 2 years that Cain Velazquez. Lol

Mmmm lovely, can I have a little dippy with it please

00083791390093-kDwZxi1T1Em6A4Q-0_s500.jpg

You watched the card buddy ?

How was Andy Nguyen's entrance ? :D Anyone can answer lol

For those who don't know wtf I'm talking about:

Edit looking for those I have found this from last night:

Yea I'm more excited about this then a sloppy fight by guys that should be retired at this point in their careers with all do respect. At least Fedor won but 'wow' what victory over what opponent exactly it's all meh.

Before you wonder why you are reading this :D yea I know I know weird and random but you know what any place with sherbros is fine with me.. so you been ghost tagged by me in this random post that's why so I wanted to say have one kick ass party to wrap up 2019 and I wish you all and everyone reading this post in fact a wonderful 2020 cause you deserve it just by being awesome!

Back