Bellator 216 MVP vs Daley

I was able to watch a bit of tape on Cro Cop and Roy, including their previous fight as well as some of their recent matches.

I think Roy is going to look for the takedown in all three rounds. He is going to look for the knockout with the overhand right. He has a small chance of landing it, but he has a higher percent chance of landing a takedown.

Cro Cop is going to be stronger than Roy and may be able to use this to defend the takedowns. He's going to be winning the exchanges on the feet unless he gets caught with the overhand right.

I think the aggression of Cro Cop is going to come to play here. He should try to push the fight forward and get Roy against the cage where he can start teeing off and landing some body shots and perhaps the uppercut to start the finishing sequence. Alternatively, I could see Cro Cop getting knocked out backing in the wrong direction and catching Roy's powerful overhand right hand. I could also see him getting taken down, getting wore out via GnP, crucifixed and it affecting his performance or him being finished on the ground in some manner. Roy has a legitimate chance if he gets the fight to the mat.

I am going to put my money on Cro Cop as he seems to be the more physically fit fighter with momentum on his side. He has the strikes to end Roy's night, as he uses a tight guard and very good technical strikes (straight crisp punches, body kicks, head kicks, uppercuts). If he keeps the aggression I see him winning by KO/TKO as Roy is a little bit slower and his recovery doesn't seem as good as before. Cro Cop has shown us if he hurts someone he is very good at pushing for the finish and I can see that happening here against the cage. I also think Cro Cop is going to use his strength to avoid the takedowns and make Roy pay for them. Possibly landing some elbows to Roy's head as Roy is latching for the takedown. I also see him landing some body kicks on Roy's belly as well as body shots with Roy's back towards the cage.

If Cro Cop uses the same strategy as he did in the last fight its going to be a lot closer. In the last fight he kept backing up away from Roy but toward his overhand right. I really hope he corrects this mistake tonight. It may not matter though, as I think Roy is slightly slower than his prime form, which was when he finished Cro Cop. That fight told a lot, considering Roy was able to get a takedown and achieve a crucifix, as well as land some really heavy GnP and seemingly effected Cro Cop. He also was able to land that overhand right. This is going to be a good fight, I don't think these veterans are going to be overly cautious, I don't think it goes to decision. I think somebody is getting knocked out and my money hopes it will be Roy.

i guess bellator cards don't attract close to the amount of money that ufc ones do, so line movement can occur more easily if there's some big bets on mvp. mvp maybe getting bet for his highlight real, and flashiness along with probably more ppl from the UK betting him than daley.
There is definitely odd movement on Bella lines sometimes for sure. Some of these ridiculous favs still getting bet have me scratching my head. Watching baby slice go from -700 to -1000 vs Browning had me in awe. Couldn't believe people would bet that

I am also going to put my money on Paul Daley as I feel he has been through the best the Welterweight division has had to offer and has had some good showings. I'm not overly impressed by the resume of MVP. I really want to see what he can do against top competition, and tonight we will find out.

I think there is a good chance this fight goes to the judges as MVP seemed to be a bit cautious against Gonzales. MVP is most likely not the kind of fighter that is going to get finished easy as he seems good at evading strikes. I can also see him catching and hurting Daley, but I don't know if he's going to be able to knockout Daley with one strike. I think Daley has shown toughness in fights before and the ability to take a big shot and come back.

I think it just comes down to the fact that Paul is actually a pretty good striker, and MVP is more known for his striking. Paul has so much more experience that I think he's going to find the way to win, most likely by decision and outpacing MVP. I think he may catch MVP's chin a few times as well.

Even if this fight is 50/50 or 45/55 towards MVP, Daley is worth the bet. I'm betting that it is around those percentages.

Daley +200 $150

Crocop -160 $400

Kongo +426 $50

Can never get myself to go big on Bellator. GL all.

Got a whopping 20$ on Daley. Mostly an MVP fade and that Daley/Diaz fight was awesome.

I was able to watch some tape on Amasov and he seems to be a very intelligent fighter with good striking and good ground game. He can land some technical and vicious strikes. I think he's going to finish Erick Silva tonight and catch him with his boxing, and finish him on the ground.

I got the -320 line as well as the inside the distance +110 on him.

I need to do some more homework on the Minakov fight, but I don't think we're going to see +430 Kongo get the W tonight.

I was able to watch a bit of tape on Cro Cop and Roy, including their previous fight as well as some of their recent matches.

I think Roy is going to look for the takedown in all three rounds. He is going to look for the knockout with the overhand right. He has a small chance of landing it, but he has a higher percent chance of landing a takedown.

Cro Cop is going to be stronger than Roy and may be able to use this to defend the takedowns. He's going to be winning the exchanges on the feet unless he gets caught with the overhand right.

I think the aggression of Cro Cop is going to come to play here. He should try to push the fight forward and get Roy against the cage where he can start teeing off and landing some body shots and perhaps the uppercut to start the finishing sequence. Alternatively, I could see Cro Cop getting knocked out backing in the wrong direction and catching Roy's powerful overhand right hand. I could also see him getting taken down, getting wore out via GnP, crucifixed and it affecting his performance or him being finished on the ground in some manner. Roy has a legitimate chance if he gets the fight to the mat.

I am going to put my money on Cro Cop as he seems to be the more physically fit fighter with momentum on his side. He has the strikes to end Roy's night, as he uses a tight guard and very good technical strikes (straight crisp punches, body kicks, head kicks, uppercuts). If he keeps the aggression I see him winning by KO/TKO as Roy is a little bit slower and his recovery doesn't seem as good as before. Cro Cop has shown us if he hurts someone he is very good at pushing for the finish and I can see that happening here against the cage. I also think Cro Cop is going to use his strength to avoid the takedowns and make Roy pay for them. Possibly landing some elbows to Roy's head as Roy is latching for the takedown. I also see him landing some body kicks on Roy's belly as well as body shots with Roy's back towards the cage.

If Cro Cop uses the same strategy as he did in the last fight its going to be a lot closer. In the last fight he kept backing up away from Roy but toward his overhand right. I really hope he corrects this mistake tonight. It may not matter though, as I think Roy is slightly slower than his prime form, which was when he finished Cro Cop. That fight told a lot, considering Roy was able to get a takedown and achieve a crucifix, as well as land some really heavy GnP and seemingly effected Cro Cop. He also was able to land that overhand right. This is going to be a good fight, I don't think these veterans are going to be overly cautious, I don't think it goes to decision. I think somebody is getting knocked out and my money hopes it will be Roy.
Roy looks very bad recently. His overhand right is still powerful but it's so slow and telegraphed that you have to be a fool to not see it. He doesn't set it up at all, doesn't throw combos. I am somewhat concerned that he could grapple or clinch to victory I or else I would be heavy on crocop. Still have to take mirco for a couple. If it stays standing I think he wins easy.

Just tuned in. Did the huge underdog girl just win?

edit: Nope. Acting like she just won the title though...

Valerie Loureda has more striking skills than I expected.

However, she is also massively undersized at 125; she would be of below average size even at 115. That's interesting, considering Bellator has a very strong women's 125 pound division, but not 115 division at all.

Just tuned in. Did the huge underdog girl just win?
Nah, the tkd girl won. Knocked her off balance with a kick in the side (didn't rock her or hurt her with that) then jumped like lightning on her with hammer fists. I'd have to say she brought some high energy to the fight, was enjoyable to watch.

Nah, the tkd girl won. Knocked her off balance with a kick in the side (didn't rock her or hurt her with that) then jumped like lightning on her with hammer fists.

Just with the way she was acting after I assumed it was the underdog haha

Valerie Loureda's opponent looks like she works at the local weed shop and took this fight on two days notice.

So loredo is kind of hot...

Nah, the tkd girl won. Knocked her off balance with a kick in the side (didn't rock her or hurt her with that) then jumped like lightning on her with hammer fists.

Loureda stunned her with a flawed, but passable left hook first, then threw a reasonably solid body kick that seemed to knock the wind out of her.

She lacks size and strength, and probably power to her punches and kicks, but her technique is already pretty decent for women's flyweight, and I was impressed she put together some solid combinations, including that ending sequence. (Chaining a body kick to the end of a 2-3)

i have a couple bets on, love Roy but he is basically a punching bag at this point. Looking forward to a vicious KO in the main event
cro cop 4u for 2u
Daley 2u for 4.14u
MVP dec .5 for 2.75u

Loureda stunned her with a flawed, but passable left hook first, then threw a reasonably solid body kick that seemed to knock the wind out of her.

She lacks size and strength, and probably power to her punches and kicks, but her technique is already pretty decent for women's flyweight, and I was impressed she put together some solid combinations, including that ending sequence. (Chaining a body kick to the end of a 2-3)
The other girl put up a bit more resistance than I expected for a sacrificial lamb before the knockdown, but that body kick didn't look like it landed very deeply, I think she was more caught off guard how fast Valerie was on her bashing her face in. Could be wrong though.

The other girl put up a bit more resistance than I expected for a sacrificial lamb before the knockdown, but that body kick didn't look like it landed very deeply, I think she was more caught off guard how fast Valerie was on her bashing her face in. Could be wrong though.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. A better, bigger, stronger female flyweight would have simply absorbed that body kick. Loureda's opponent was a little bigger than her, but no more than an average sized strawweight herself.

Why the fuck did she put a kimono on after the fight? That booty is banging

Back