Bellator 216: MVP vs. Daley, 7:30 PM ET Prelims/10 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

3am uk

Oh, main Card is on Sky Sports Main Event from 3am

But the prelims arent being shown in the UK, nor do we have any way of watching them it would appear.. (Apparently may be able to watch them through the app, if you like watching block pixel people fight)
I cannot for the life of me understand Bellator's international broadcasting plan. It's like they don't want you to watch fights, but want you to want to watch them.

Kongo will finally get his title shot after tonight.

Last edited:
I cannot for the life of me understand Bellator's international broadcasting plan. It's like they don't want you to watch fights, but want you to want to watch them.
They are now airing the North American and other fights live in the UK. Given the time difference, what else would you have them do?

They are now airing the North American and other fights live in the UK. Given the time difference, what else would you have them do?
They blacked out part of last week's Bellator Newcastle card to UK audiences, forcing users to jump on VPNs or other services to watch fights in horrid quality at best. On top of that, there's no way to rewatch the event, even on the Bellator app, and even for people that could watch it normally live.

What's strange to me, and maybe someone else knows better, is that DAZN was created in the UK, but it isn't available for UK audiences? This is exactly what the DAZN deal should be for, hosting all of their events. It's ludicrous in 2019 that a) some fights are completely unaired and 2) the fights aren't readily available for the country that the event takes place in.

Hopefully young prospect Erick Silva can finally unleash his full potential!

I usually bag on Bellator's prelims, but top to bottom this a damn good card. Especially impressive since it's the 2nd half of back to back nights with cards.

giphy.gif

Well Cheers ev1, excited for this card even thou i i know almost no one on the undercard. and i watch a ton of fights.

still excited thou. i hoped the old guard takes care of business, so in honour im goin with some OG and bailey's and coffee since its cold as .... here.

56889-1575301.png

Pretty late start :/

02:00AM GMT+1 if i'm correct

Checking in here, eatin some beef nuts drinking some good ol beer ready to watch me some potentially great Bellator fights. We got the flop outta the way yesterday, the probability this card will make up for it is high.

In terms of current talent and relevancy it's not that big a card but honestly I'm stoked. These should just about all be exciting and the nostalgia factor is there. Some of these dudes were around pretty damn close to the beginning lol.

Daley/Page - Should be a pretty good fight. I don't see Page doing his normal non-sense on Daley but he is taller and it should be a good striking match.

CC/Nelson 2 - Nelson looks about done so it's a good revenge chance for CC. That said Nelson still packs a wallop he just almost never lands it anymore, he ain't fast enough.

Kongo/Minakov 2 - Kongo's been fighting the better comp since their last fight but Minakov still hasn't lost, could go either way.

Amasov/Silva - only know Amasov has a good record. Silva can be dangerous in the beginning so let's see.

Nothing to say about the chick fight other than the fact that Fortune should be a main carder.

Prelims are not on the app or? Man Bellator has been fucking with me

Back