Bellator 214 Fedor vs Bader

Well, Bader made a brilliant choice going to organisation B and reign there, and I don't even mean that in a patronising manner. Career-wise and money wise he's much better off.

Pico got a chin problem? I'm sure myself and many other dudes would have been ko'd by that shot too though.
What about the punch from Freeman? Pico doesn't have a bad chin. He has a terrible chin.

TJ Dillashaw watching Ryan fuckin Bader become champ-champ lol

Hindsight bias much?

You could make the same argument for why Pico shouldn't have fought Leandro Higo, a solid 29 year-old who was 18-4, when he was only 3-1. That turned out rather well.

And that argument sure didn't look good earlier tonight when Pico knocked Corrales down with an uppercut that dam near took his head off.
Higo is a 135er.

4.5u is a solid bonus tonight. 2019 looks very promising.

Here are my bets so far;

1.3u on Archuleta at -200
2.5u on Archuleta/Bandejas GTD at -190 (wish I had waited; it was available at -165 later)
5u on Hager at -365 (wish I had taken him ITD at -175 instead; can still take him ITD at -265, but don't feel like adding to my exposure on this Bellator card)
3u on Fedor/Bader U 1.5 rounds at -150.

Edit- Added the price for the last line.

Perfect 4/4 for the night. +5.3 units.

Glad I resisted the urge to bet every fight on the main card for action. Henry Corrales' KO of Aaron Pico was amazing, especially after getting hurt so badly himself. Wish I bet the under even bigger in the main event, but I'll take it and a clean sweep for 7.0 units profit.

Bellator 214
Results

Fedor Emelianenko/Ryan Bader Under 1½ (-181) $181.00 for $100.00= $100.00
Fedor Emelianenko/Ryan Bader Under 1½ (-185) $185.00 for $100.00= $100.00
Fedor Emelianenko/Ryan Bader Under 1½ (-185) $370.00 for $200.00= $200.00

Juan Archuleta (-205) vs Ricky Bandejas $205.00 for $100.00= $100.00
Live In-Play Juan Archuleta (-149) vs Ricky Bandejas $298.51 for $200.00= $200.00
-----
Total Profit= $700.00

I didn't watch this Bellator card live, didn't bet anyting also. I just don't know anybody there to the degree to feel comfortable to bet.
Was very pleased to see the hypejob Pico losing in a devastating fashion. I was staring at that +money on Corrales and just was amazed how Pico is such a favourite in not only this fight, but all of his fights so far in Bellator! I don't bet on Bellator fights, period - even if I knew Pico's odds are more of result of hype than actual chances to win.

Yes, he is crushing the opposition, but he never saw the second round, and his game is not bulletproof - he leaves giant oppenings to be countered because of his ultra aggressive style + lack of fight time. He is just an amazing athlete and finishes the fights fast.
I can't understand the hype. He has very very limited experience in MMA (even more pronounced because all his fights end early) and it's not like he is fighting in a mediocre weightclass where he can plow through 95% of the opposition before he faces some resistance. Hitting stupid hard will make people hyped about you, but if the other parts of your game are not there there, you will continue losing every time you can't score the KO.

+5.4u on the Fedor–Bader fight. Great fight and outcome for betting, but still very unsatisfactory! :/

I didn't watch this Bellator card live, didn't bet anyting also. I just don't know anybody there to the degree to feel comfortable to bet.
Was very pleased to see the hypejob Pico losing in a devastating fashion. I was staring at that +money on Corrales and just was amazed how Pico is such a favourite in not only this fight, but all of his fights so far in Bellator! I don't bet on Bellator fights, period - even if I knew Pico's odds are more of result of hype than actual chances to win.

Yes, he is crushing the opposition, but he never saw the second round, and his game is not bulletproof - he leaves giant oppenings to be countered because of his ultra aggressive style + lack of fight time. He is just an amazing athlete and finishes the fights fast.
I can't understand the hype. He has very very limited experience in MMA (even more pronounced because all his fights end early) and it's not like he is fighting in a mediocre weightclass where he can plow through 95% of the opposition before he faces some resistance. Hitting stupid hard will make people hyped about you, but if the other parts of your game are not there there, you will continue losing every time you can't score the KO.

You have a nack for being Captain Hindsight.

I got a Parlay Corrales-Archuleta and the ML Corrales, sweet
But down in Fedor, that was very Sad.

Crazy that the Bader line improved by 100 points before the fight. Bader was -190 closing on one book even. Makes me wonder who was it betting on Fedor. Especially with the rumors that he was not feeling good and wanted to pull out of the fight. People seemed to unanimously on Bader in all of the betting forums. Very strange.

I don't really get why people tend to say these things, it just seems unneccesarily mean-spirited. Hype is just people getting excited about a fighter, which is a good thing, because we're watching it for entertainment, after all. Which can lead to a fighter being overrated, but that still kind of in poor taste to be gleeful about a promising young fighter being knocked out cold. He's a talented kid who's fun to watch with wicked power in his hands, that's all there is to it. If you think the perception of his winning chances have been consistently skewed, or any fighter for that matter, you should be happy about that as a bettor and pray it keeps happening.

I don't really get why people tend to say these things, it just seems unneccesarily mean-spirited. Hype is just people getting excited about a fighter, which is a good thing, because we're watching it for entertainment, after all. Which can lead to a fighter being overrated, but that still kind of in poor taste to be gleeful about a promising young fighter being knocked out cold. He's a talented kid who's fun to watch with wicked power in his hands, that's all there is to it. If you think the perception of his winning chances have been consistently skewed, or any fighter for that matter, you should be happy about that as a bettor and pray it keeps happening.
This is in the betting section of the forum, so I take not "understanding the hype" to mean not understanding why the odds are so skewed. Nothing mean-spirited about it, nor does it imply gleefulness in seeing him fall, it's simply an analysis of biased betting patterns. Being hyped in the sense of getting excited to watch a fight is a different matter.

This is in the betting section of the forum, so I take not "understanding the hype" to mean not understanding why the odds are so skewed. Nothing mean-spirited about it, nor does it imply gleefulness in seeing him fall, it's simply an analysis of biased betting patterns. Being hyped in the sense of getting excited to watch a fight is a different matter.
"Was very pleased to see the hypejob Pico losing in a devastating fashion."

He's free to feel that way, but that is hardly an objective betting-related statement. And obviously I understand the basic premise when someone is talking about a favourite being too juiced.....

Last edited:
Back