Bellator 208: Fedor vs Sonnen 10/13, 6:30 PM ET Prelims/9 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Congratulations to The Darkness, Cheick Kongo on the victory and continuing his winning streak. Too bad a limited mindset Bellator promoter left him out of the Bellator FARCE of a Heavyweight Tournament. It could have been a good tournament with competitive fights with Sergei Kharitonov vs Fedor Emelianenko, Ryan Bader vs Bobby Lashley, Cheick Kongo vs Matt Mitrione, and Justin Wren vs whoever. Instead we fans got a bunch of sh8t show uncompetitive fights in that FARCE of a Heavyweight Tournament.

I think Chael has good striking it's just that Fedor throws from crazy angles, a typical boxer would not be ready for that.

Chael seemed to be really trying at first...I really couldn't tell if the ending was legit.

Another Scott Coker produced lame ass uncompetitive Bellator Heavyweight FARCE of a Tournament fight. This is what happens when a promoter omits legitimate heavyweights from a heavyweight tournament. The entire Bellator Heavyweight Tournament and only one competitive fight, Mitrione vs Nelson, all because the original set up was so fooking dumb. Scott Coker has made the Bellator Heavyweight division look like sh8t by leaving out legitimate Bellator Heavyweights from the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament.
lol what part of Mitrione vs Bader was "competitive". that fight got a 30-24 scorecard. u dumb.

What what he trying to do?
This is a common back take for BJJ in the gi, usually off a double lapel grip. Without a gi, it’s risky, and against a guy like Fedor in an mma fight it’s retarded.

This is a common back take for BJJ in the gi, usually off a double lapel grip. Without a gi, it’s risky, and against a guy like Fedor in an mma fight it’s retarded.
I actually do this all the time without the gi, but my arms are underneath both of my sparring partner’s armpits, chael seem like he only had one arm.

whatever guy

He wrote Mitrione vs Nelson, not Mitrione vs Bader.

tenor.gif

I actually do this all the time without the gi, but my arms are underneath both of my sparring partner’s armpits, chael seem like he only had one arm.

Yeah it can certainly be done if you have a tight enough grip nogi, but the risk is significantly higher than a double lapel grip. It's also not a great HW move. You're not going to want to try it out against Orlando Sanchez nogi. In an MMA context, it's a fairly ridiculous maneuver because failure means you are likely to get smashed.

lol what part of Mitrione vs Bader was "competitive". that fight got a 30-24 scorecard. u dumb.
Hahaha hahaha hahaha. Just think, Scott Coker had the power to give us fans Ryan Bader vs Bobby Lashley, Sergei Kharitonov vs Fedor Emelianenko, Cheick Kongo vs Matt Mitrione, and Justin Wren vs Chael Sonnen or whoever else. Instead he gave us a long drawn out Tournament with uncompetitive fights.

Back