Bellator 208 Fedor Vs Chael Pulls 521k viewers

People are quick to blame Bellator's product but I sincerely believe it has to do with the network. Bellator's can't reach it's audience on Paramount.

I caught the fight on Paramount...BUT, that DAZN deal had me thinking that I would have to have signed up to watch the fight which I was not sure I was willing to do..

My wife told me it was on Paramount, that’s why I watched..I think the DAZN deal might have confused and turned some people off...

I caught the fight on Paramount...BUT, that DAZN deal had me thinking that I would have to have signed up to watch the fight which I was not sure I was willing to do..

My wife told me it was on Paramount, that’s why I watched..I think the DAZN deal might have confused and turned some people off...

this was my thinking when they announced the deal. I thought the people who decided not to get DAZN will just stop following bellator altogether because they wont get the 6 big cards a year.

this deal is going to shrink their live viewership big time.

Lol at those predicting doom and gloom for Bellator.

Trying to judge success just off paramount TV ratings is pretty short sighted.

I'm sure Bellator is incrementally growing little by little. They are gaining more international footing as well as market mindshare.

It's just a matter of time for Bellator to blow up. They are doing all the right things and attracting the right energy. We shall see.

The number of cord cutters increased in 2016 by 80%, then in 2017 by 115%. Who know what that number looks like this year?

I attended the event but forgot to set my dvr.Im sure many people went out to see Venom, had dates from pof etc. and forgot to set their dvr well.

Shows Fedor's not a draw, especially without some big time UFC infrastructure and brand name.

Shows Fedor's not a draw, especially without some big time UFC infrastructure and brand name.
Fedor with the #2 and #3 highest rated Bellator shows of 2018 actually shows he is a draw for the company.

I'm sure a bunch of people watched on DAZN and maybe the Bellator app as well. Their TV numbers are going to be lower now that they have more streaming services.

People hopefully realize how important that DAZN deal is for Bellator.
It was a life-saver in ways

I'm sure a bunch of people watched on DAZN and maybe the Bellator app as well. Their TV numbers are going to be lower now that they have more streaming services.

Streaming numbers are not even 10%
So if you add 10% its still a horrible number
You can't spin the dropping of 34% in a year.
A Fedor vs chael fight should not do 600k & under

Streaming numbers are not even 10%
So if you add 10% its still a horrible number
You can't spin the dropping of 34% in a year.
A Fedor vs chael fight should not do 600k & under

Aren't all MMA numbers down though? The average UFC seems to be pulling much less viewers than they used to as well.

The number of cord cutters increased in 2016 by 80%, then in 2017 by 115%. Who know what that number looks like this year?

According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there are 119.9 million TV homes in the U.S. for the 2018-19 TV season.

vs

According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there are 119.6 million TV homes in the U.S. for the 2017-18 TV season.

Aren't all MMA numbers down though? The average UFC seems to be pulling much less viewers than they used to as well.

Yes
I give every UFC number as well
But not a 34% drop in a year
That is huge

As I say in every bad UFC numbers thread ... YOU CAN'T SPIN A BAD NUMBER
Same here

They had some CFB and Bud Crawford fight going on. In terms of Bellator promotion, you really only see the commercials on Paramount itself

Yes
I give every UFC number as well
But not a 34% drop in a year
That is huge

As I say in every bad UFC numbers thread ... YOU CAN'T SPIN A BAD NUMBER
Same here

What do you mean by 34% drop in a year, what are you comparing, 2018 isn't over yet.

Back