AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Alexander K. Lee
23213367_10156392475359879_3413478851861768128_o.0.jpg

Logan Storley
Bellator MMA
Logan Storley is set to make his main card debut at Bellator 197.

The four-time NCAA All-American wrestler looks for his third Bellator win in as many appearances when he fights Joaquin Buckley in a welterweight bout on April 13 at the Family Arena in St. Charles, Mo., officials told MMA Fighting on Thursday. This matchup completes the main card.

Storley has been victorious in both of his Bellator appearances. At Bellator 186last November, he defeated Matt Secor by unanimous decision to improve to 8-0 as a professional. The 25-year-old signed with Bellator last June after an outstanding collegiate wrestling career at the University of Minnesota and an undefeated run in the Resurrection Fighting Alliance/Legacy Fighting Alliance promotion.

Fighting out of St. Louis, Mo., Buckley (8-1) has quietly put together a solid resume with Bellator, winning three of his four fights for the organization. He has won his last two, a split decision nod over Vinicius DeJesus and a unanimous decision win over Justin Patterson.

In the main event of Bellator 197, Brent Primus defends his lightweight championship in a rematch against Michael Chandler.

See the completed four-bout main card below:

Brent Primus vs. Michael Chandler

A.J. McKee vs. Justin Lawrence

Kevin “Baby Slice” Ferguson Jr. vs. Devon Brock

Logan Storley vs. Joaquin Buckley

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/...ith-logan-storley-vs-joaquin-buckley#comments

Quality event.

Looking forward to it for sure!

Great card for sure excited for this one!!!

Nice card filled with Bellator homegrown talent. Sort of wish they would put a HW gp matchup on this card to draw more eyes on the Bellator guys...oh well. They better promote the grudge match between Primus and Chandler though.

Storley is a BEAST. If he wins here, i’d put him against Koreshkov. Speaking of Koreshkov, where is he? Another fighter being shelved for months at a time. What’s going on here?

Storley is a BEAST. If he wins here, i’d put him against Koreshkov. Speaking of Koreshkov, where is he? Another fighter being shelved for months at a time. What’s going on here?
He should be fighting rory next imo. He beat Chidi a couple months back. I hope we hear from him soon

Koreshkov had a slight shoulder injury on the mend will be back ASAP.

Good main and co main, other two fights are prelim level fights.

Bellator does have a solid roster and they use locals on prelims to sell tickets, they dont do that many events. So really only have to fill 4-5 fights per card. These main cards should be stacked.

Good main and co main, other two fights are prelim level fights.

Bellator does have a solid roster and they use locals on prelims to sell tickets, they dont do that many events. So really only have to fill 4-5 fights per card. These main cards should be stacked.
I agree that the baby slice fight could be a prelim event, but the Storley vs Buckley fight is solid. How else are you going to build viable contenders if they are always fighting on the prelims?

Building prospects is what the hardcores want. Storley is a solid prospect. There is also a solid upside to Joaquin as well. Not mad at this main card slot.

Yeah you could throw Storely in the first spot but Baby Slice shouldnt be on main card.

Point still is they have roster and only have to fill 4-5 fights per card and you have fighters wanting to fight more, Pitbull in his interview saying I want to fight but dont know when I'm gonna fight. Could be doubling up title fights on a card, fighting guys who are healthy and want to fight 3-4 times a year.

Yeah you could throw Storely in the first spot but Baby Slice shouldnt be on main card.

Point still is they have roster and only have to fill 4-5 fights per card and you have fighters wanting to fight more, Pitbull in his interview saying I want to fight but dont know when I'm gonna fight. Could be doubling up title fights on a card, fighting guys who are healthy and want to fight 3-4 times a year.
Yep put baby slice on the prelims!!!! Or at least add another good fight to the main portion.

People complain regardless of what bellator does......

If you build a card using homegrown talent then it's not a big enough event.

If you use big name free agents then bellator only uses UFC castoffs and doesn't promote its in house homegrown talent.

I really enjoy this lineup personally,I wish khonry would have won his debut and instead we'd get baby slice vs Royces son but Brock won so whatevs.

Primus vs Chandler rematch is excellent I'm really excited to see this.

McKee vs Lawrence is an excellent matchup to see who climbs the ladder in the division and stylistically should be a great matchup.

Baby Slice vs Devon Brock is a solid fight between guys early in their career but both have good skills.Baby slice is evolving everyday at the body shop and Brock made his pro debut beating Royce Gracies son,another interesting style matchup.

Storley vs Buckley is an excellent matchup between talented prospects in the division I'm very interested to see who implements their game better.

I'm definitely with you with respect to pitbull. they should be lining the contenders up as that division is the healthiest out of all of their divisions. contenders with winning streaks, up and comers, and prospects. i feel for pitbull. i hope they announce his fight soon.

Keep Baby Slice on the main card, he probably grabs more attention than most of the guys on the card.

this fight does nothing for me.

let's see how freeman bounces back after getting KOed by awad though.

Bucia knocked out Jose Pele Landi and also holds wins over Bobby Voelker and Rasul Shovhalov. His last fight in Bellator for what its worth was very short notice.

He is a tough fighter, I am glad Bellator picked him up I would not be surprised if he beats Freeman. Glad this fight got added to the card

Finnaly a decent Bellator card without a random WMMA bout in the Main card.......

Back