Bellator 191 - McDonald vs Ligier - England

Selling it like a boss. And now you're subjecting me to watching tape on these two. Better be worth it! This is a three round fight yes not some bogus Bellator title fight? I do remember Jackson's TUF fight i think and she totally bossed the girl. Val always been with ATT?
Seems like it a title eliminator. The MO is fade Valerie and I like Kate Jackson in this match up, getting TD's is key and I think we get them.

Jackson +135 = Elite Bet

So Valerie Latourneau is a favourite once again and as expected. The highlight of her career was getting her ass beat by JJ for 5 rounds, she hung tough but that was a one sided beatdown.

After the JJ fight, Valerie moves up to 125 to face Calderwood in Canada and proceeds to have the worst performance of her career. She tried to quit multiple times in the fight, was hurt to the body multiple times, she can cry wardrobe malfunction but that wasn't the issue, body shots were. Calderwood completely dominated that fight, she got TD's and she lit her up standing, Valerie made Calderwood look really good. Valerie was also the favourite in this match up.

Now Valerie is coming off back to back losses, she gets another fight at home in Canada, this time at 115. Valerie has a bad weight cut, misses weight. She then goes and loses a close fight to a debuting, short notice Vivianne Perreira. Valerie looked like she was two weight classes bigger in that fight and she has a huge height and reach advantage. Valerie found a way to lose once again, she was taken down and she was edged out on the feet, another bad performance.

Now Valerie is nearly 35 years old, she hasn't fought in a year and she has openly said that weight cutting to 115 has ruined her body and that she is still recovering from the effects. Valerie is a 500 fighter, her record is 8-7 if you count the 1st round sub loss to Roxanne on TUF, yes that happened.

A lot of people probably aren't that familiar with Kate Jackson but she was the 2nd best girl on her season of TUF, she would have won that show if not for Suarez. Jackson is a well rounded fighter, serviceable striking, decent TD's and she's strong in top position. Jackson typically likes to push a pace and bully her opponents.

Valerie is the better technical striker but she has poor TDD and she has nothing off her back. Jackson will cage push, pursue TD's and just dictate the fight, Valerie has no authority in the cage.

I also love that Jackson is at home for this fight, meanwhile Valerie is flying half way across the world for her Bellator debut. The fight is at 125, both girls are former 115ers, Valerie is probably a little bigger but she's never been physically imposing, I expect Jackson to be the stronger girl.

Jackson lost a fight early in her career (6 years ago) to a 5-1 Swedish girl, since then she has only lost to JJ and Suarez, elite fighters. Jackson is 9-2 as a pro, 11-3 if you count her TUF fights.

Laying juice on a 500 fighter is a losing proposition but the public will bet Valerie because they are clueless about Jackson. This line is off, Jackson should be favoured. I cashed both Calderwood and Perreira as dogs vs Valerie, now I'm gonna do it 3 times $$$

Valerie is on my fade list, 3 fight losing streak, her best years are behind her and she's looked like trash in her last two fights, I think weight cutting has ruined her body and I think she's taken a lot of damage.

Here is the article of Valerie talking about weight cutting, it's all bad.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Va...ngth-After-Grueling-Cuts-to-115-Pounds-130211

I'm getting the younger, hometown and more well rounded fighter. Three things I like and then give me +money, easy decision to fade Valerie again.

Jackson +135 = Elite Bet

So Valerie Latourneau is a favourite once again and as expected. The highlight of her career was getting her ass beat by JJ for 5 rounds, she hung tough but that was a one sided beatdown.

After the JJ fight, Valerie moves up to 125 to face Calderwood in Canada and proceeds to have the worst performance of her career. She tried to quit multiple times in the fight, was hurt to the body multiple times, she can cry wardrobe malfunction but that wasn't the issue, body shots were. Calderwood completely dominated that fight, she got TD's and she lit her up standing, Valerie made Calderwood look really good. Valerie was also the favourite in this match up.

Now Valerie is coming off back to back losses, she gets another fight at home in Canada, this time at 115. Valerie has a bad weight cut, misses weight. She then goes and loses a close fight to a debuting, short notice Vivianne Perreira. Valerie looked like she was two weight classes bigger in that fight and she has a huge height and reach advantage. Valerie found a way to lose once again, she was taken down and she was edged out on the feet, another bad performance.

Now Valerie is nearly 35 years old, she hasn't fought in a year and she has openly said that weight cutting to 115 has ruined her body and that she is still recovering from the effects. Valerie is a 500 fighter, her record is 8-7 if you count the 1st round sub loss to Roxanne on TUF, yes that happened.

A lot of people probably aren't that familiar with Kate Jackson but she was the 2nd best girl on her season of TUF, she would have won that show if not for Suarez. Jackson is a well rounded fighter, serviceable striking, decent TD's and she's strong in top position. Jackson typically likes to push a pace and bully her opponents.

Valerie is the better technical striker but she has poor TDD and she has nothing off her back. Jackson will cage push, pursue TD's and just dictate the fight, Valerie has no authority in the cage.

I also love that Jackson is at home for this fight, meanwhile Valerie is flying half way across the world for her Bellator debut. The fight is at 125, both girls are former 115ers, Valerie is probably a little bigger but she's never been physically imposing, I expect Jackson to be the stronger girl.

Jackson lost a fight early in her career (6 years ago) to a 5-1 Swedish girl, since then she has only lost to JJ and Suarez, elite fighters. Jackson is 9-2 as a pro, 11-3 if you count her TUF fights.

Laying juice on a 500 fighter is a losing proposition but the public will bet Valerie because they are clueless about Jackson. This line is off, Jackson should be favoured. I cashed both Calderwood and Perreira as dogs vs Valerie, now I'm gonna do it 3 times $$$

Valerie is on my fade list, 3 fight losing streak, her best years are behind her and she's looked like trash in her last two fights, I think weight cutting has ruined her body and I think she's taken a lot of damage.

Here is the article of Valerie talking about weight cutting, it's all bad.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Va...ngth-After-Grueling-Cuts-to-115-Pounds-130211

I'm getting the younger, hometown and more well rounded fighter. Three things I like and then give me +money, easy decision to fade Valerie again.
Was gonna leave it altogether but some valid points. Will be on the doge

Was gonna leave it altogether but some valid points. Will be on the doge

i think it being in the UK is the most important factor, other than getting plus money, in a fight that more than likely is going to go to the cards

i think it being in the UK is the most important factor, other than getting plus money, in a fight that more than likely is going to go to the cards
Yep, I’ve seen the home cooking that goes on in the uk! Good price too.

Dunno guys home cooking in MMA isn't the same as in boxing. I don't see why Bellator would bothered who wins this one.

<13>
Just waiting for budden to come in with a long description of how elite Jackson is in capitals then I’ll get the mortgage on it

I'm gonna lose over an hour of my life capping this shit thanks to you Zees. I hope i get paid for it. I spent two hrs yday capping fights and I cam away with no leans. I really don't want another wasted night.

I will continue to fade Valerie until the end of her career, as long as she's not fighting a total jobber. She has meant to fight Ducote earlier this year, I wouldn't have bet Ducote. Against girls on the level of Macfarlane and Jackson I will happily fade her, especially at +odds. Been nothing but profitable so far, it's about the long term fade.

Am i right in thinking she bullied Ashley all over the shop on TUF? Ashley is no bum.

Am i right in thinking she bullied Ashley all over the shop on TUF? Ashley is no bum.
Yep, she took her down and held her there, also got the better of the striking and clinch. Easy 20-18, pretty flawless win besides a couple armbar attempts and an illegal upkick.

Last edited:
Kate Jackson sucks. Scheider was in control of that fight until Jackson luckboxed a freak knee injury giving her the KO.

I'm not in a rush to lay juice on LeTourneau given her Calderwood performance, but her fights vs JJ and Pereira were both much better than Jackson's effort vs Schneider

Edit-- Also 3-0 in the UFC before that plus a split loss to Gadelha in 2012...you guys are getting way too carried away with one bad Valerie performance vs Calderwood. Based on her track record looks like 6 of her performances are good enough to vanquish a scrub like Jackson and 1 is painfully bad. I'm probably going to end up on my girl VALERIE. Maybe it's worth gambling on another VL bedshitting if Jackson was +300 or something, but at -156 Val is the play.

Last edited:
Kate Jackson sucks. Scheider was in control of that fight until Jackson luckboxed a freak knee injury giving her the KO.

I'm not in a rush to lay juice on LeTourneau given her Calderwood performance, but her fights vs JJ and Pereira were both much better than Jackson's effort vs Schneider

I agree she got lucky and was losing. But she's definitely better suited for 115

Back