Bellator 143 Gets Warren vs Davis Main Event, Grove vs Beltran Co Main Event

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/joe-wa...n-texas?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bellator will return to Texas for the first time since March of 2012 when the promotion heads to the “Lone Star State” for Bellator 143.

The event will take place Sept 25th at the State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. A bantamweight fight between former champion Joe Warren (12-4 MMA, 10-3 BMMA) and L.C. Davis (23-6 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) will serve as the event’s headliner with a middleweight bout between Joey Beltran (16-11 MMA, 2-2 BMMA) and Kendall Grove (21-15 MMA, 2-2 BMMA) serving as the co-main event.

The information was confirmed to MMAjunkie by a Bellator official.

really dissapointing. How about having Galvao defend the actual Bantamweight belt against one of the most promising fighters in Bellator, Eduardo Dantas?

Warren always brings it and LC Davis is getting his big step up. Grove vs Beltran is a fight I never imagined would ever happen

really dissapointing. How about having Galvao defend the actual Bantamweight belt against one of the most promising fighters in Bellator, Eduardo Dantas?

Dantas whooped Galvao their 1st time around. Not really an interesting matchup.

Depending on which direction they want to go, they will either make Galvao vs Caldwell or Galvao vs Taimanglo

LC/Warren is a good BW fight, co main is shit though.

Think Bellator should have come with a better card than this so they get more carryover from the Dynamite event.

LC/Warren is a good BW fight, co main is shit though.

Think Bellator should have come with a better card than this so they get more carryover from the Dynamite event.

C0 - main sucks in regards to being meaningful in anyway, but is fun in terms of those two will definitely put on a super entertaining fight. And both of them could really use a win.

I like both fights, Beltran/Grove is going to be nuts.

this fight is not a co-main event material

I like both fights, Beltran/Grove is going to be nuts.

Agreed. Excited for this fight. I was expecting Beltran vs Manhoef, which I still would like to see but this is a hell of an entertaining fight on paper!

Someone tweeted Rainey VS Chidi Njokuani would likely be on this card last night as well. I don't see the tweet though.

Warren v LC Davis: Winner should get a title shot. I think Caldwell deserves the Warren fight. Davis should fight some one line Duarte.

Grove v Beltran: Should headline and also give a title shot to the winner. They want a belt around Grove but I don't see it happening, he shold fight someone like Emeliano Sordi and just have Beltran fight Halsey for the vacant belt.

Weird venue. They haven't come to Texas in a awhile but they go to Winstar 2-3 times a year which is basically Texas (it's like an hour north of DFW).

Weird that Texas has 2 of the top 5 biggest metroplex's in the entire USA and they decide to book in some small city on the Mexico border (wtf ?).

The only fights I like Warren in are the ones where he gets beaten.

Is an okish match, but would rather see Warren v Caldwell (title eliminator ) and Davis v Emerson.

It's not a squash but just a slight mismatch.

Is an okish match, but would rather see Warren v Caldwell (title eliminator ) and Davis v Emerson.

It's not a squash but just a slight mismatch.

Yeah that would have worked, if Caldwell beat Warren it gives you a great top prospect a major win over a champ/top ranked BW and name in the div.

Back